• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What part annoyed you the most in R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
The Celadon city thing where you have to give the thirsty guard a drink. It took me two hours to figure it out.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
>Seafoam Islands
>Not having a free slot when you're supposed to get Lapras and having to go all the way back
>Silph Co. as a whole
>How ridiculously expensive and useless Porygon is

That's about it. And the binding move mechanics sucked.

Years
Apart from Silph Co. (which took me way too long), the most annoying part for me is there really wasn't all that much to do after you caught Mewtwo. If a game from the current gen lacked a post-game, everyone would be outraged, but even as a kid I was frustrated there was nothing left to do in Yellow, especially since I loved the game so much (no one to battle but the Elite Four again, no other places to travel to, etc.).

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Rock Tunnel. I did not know of the existence of Flash when I was younger. ><

But if I can say one thing in general, those- "trapping" moves? Moves like Wrap and Fire Spin. Those.
I mean, they'd use it, and them you'd never move, and then it would end. BUT THEN they'd use it again, and just- argh.

Evey

Female Red
Years
  • Missingno, it scared me as a young child
  • Zubats, they are so frequent
  • I didn't know how to catch Pokemon when I was young, so the game quite hard if you werent experienced
  • Lavender Town's music, it scared the crap outa me! I see why its now a well-known Creepypasta ^^;
  • Flash, didn't know what it was....
  • The age I was at, too young to understand anything when my cousins showed it to me XP
  • Mew under the truck, I really thought it was there..

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
For me, I would have to say it would be forgetting flash and going through that damn cave.

gSpartan150

Intermediate Johto Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
The thing that annoyed me the most was that the Pokemon's icons were to generalized. Like if I had a Bug Pokemon in my party, and I went to the Pokemon section, it would look like a Bee. (I know this may need some explaining so if you don't understand please reply).

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2015
the only thing that really annoyed me in Pokemon RBYG was the fact that I had open the menu every time when I wanted to use an HM move, olther than that it was an outstanding game.

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Yellow not letting Pikachu evolves thus no Raichu that can follow me...

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2013
The way of browsing Pokemon Stats. Like having to go out of the option and then select another Pokemon.

The EXP ALL thing I hated so much! It lagged so badly...

Also, in Yellow I hated that they took out the Pokemon and didn't give Blaine/Giovanni their right Anime Team-Cohorts as such!

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2021
Rock tunnel,Lance,Rocket Hideout,Silph Co.,Lavender Town's music(that music scared me as a child),Victory Road.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Definitely the part where you have to go through Rock Tunnel. This probably wasn't too hard in the GameBoy, but playing it on the GameBoy Advance (which had no lighting) was hell unless you had flash, but I don't think even flash helped much. It was just a pain to get through, but at least the cave itself wasn't too difficult.

I also didn't like not being able to rematch anyone. Granted it was the 1st generation so it does get a pass, but with how much the levels jump from Erika to Koga I'm surprised that they didn't implement it.

Part that annoyed me most about first gen, ummm. I loved 'em but I'd have to say the broken typing's would be my biggest pet peeve. Ghost not effecting Psychic as a glitch was pretty annoying, and the Grass/ Bug / Poison mess was... confusing xD I went back and used grass attacks against bugs and went lolwut. Glad they fixed all the typing mishaps after the first generation of games.

Oh, also no running. FUUUUU

Midnight-Kitteh

Feline and Ghost Trainer
Years
The most annoying thing of the first generation had to be the Safari zone trying to catch any of the Pokemon there that I wanted like Pinsir. I also did not like having to get to the end for the surf when I was younger can do it easily now.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
Rock Cave
When Pikachu hits level 35 how much you have to grind to level it xD
Safari Zone
and my Yellow would very rarely freeze during the champion battle.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2013
Walking through a cave and/or grass and running into the same pokemon 5 times in a row or more!

Ycia

Metal Generation.♥
Years
training kadabra to 100.. Not knowing it would evolve through trade.. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back