• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tracking your collection

Years
Just what the title says. How do you keep track of everything that you own?

Pokebank has helped a lot with its grouping feature and tons of space. I have boxes for my perfects, 5ivs, 4ivs, HAs, Egg Move parents, etc. I also am trying to complete a living dex (getting pretty close!)

I also keep a spread sheet so I can easily tell if something is beneficial for me off the WT or my Shop. Like I have a 5iv larvitar but not a flawless larvitar so I'd accept that trade, but I already have 3 flawless goomies so you'd have to offer something foreign or shiny to pique my interest there.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 7, 2014
Oh i have a method its called organized chaos. Basically you give them general groups in your head forget about them and spend hours figuring out what your looking at. Until recently this has been an alright method for me but after 3 day trying to complete my list of ha's due to forgetting pokes and general disorganization I'm going to try a spread sheet method. It seems a bit silly for me since i keep pretty much every pokemon but I'm hoping once i get the system set up it wont be hard to keep up with.

Elements1

Meh
Years
Hmm probably should make a spreadsheet, right now everything is so unorganized. I have my shiny's in a few boxes, my HA in other few, my live pokedex in pokemon in pokedex order. Though everything is unorganized by IV/nature so I need to go through it.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Hmm probably should make a spreadsheet, right now everything is so unorganized. I have my shiny's in a few boxes, my HA in other few, my live pokedex in pokemon in pokedex order. Though everything is unorganized by IV/nature so I need to go through it.

I have a Google Spreadsheet for this myself. I make note where the Pokemon are for my "final Pokedex" or latest main game to transfer from the older gens :P

Snoochey

Advanced Trader
Years
I use an Excell spreadsheet for a lot of stuff. I just re-name my PC boxes though to "6 IV", "5 IV", "Foreign" and so on and keep them organized in there though. As for IVs and all that good stuff I tracked it all in my trade thread which allowed me to keep track as well as give everyone viewing my shop very detailed information about what I had available.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 25, 2015
I've named my boxes in the game according to the pokemon's pokedex number, making it easier for me to find what I need

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
Years
I just stick my pokemon in boxes and give them general names like "6V" "5V" "HGSSBALL" and hope for the best. I'm not sure if this falls under the title, but also using the ingame box markers on pokemon to denote which stats are flawless really really helps me keep track too. It's saved many a Wonder Trade from just being released simply because they were yet another Flabebe ):

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
Naming boxes + pokebank numbered 1-718. For the ones in bank I keep an Xcel sheet to know what i need still

Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
I have a spreadsheet for my stuff for trade, and the Pokemon are in my Y game, with boxes labelled like "5-6IVs KB shinies" or "Trophy Shinies" or "Competitive" and such :pink_boogie: . The Pokemon in my primary X game....well. I'll borrow Stevenmann's "organised chaos" term :pink_shifty:

KatTayle

Cat Pokemon lover
Years
Unfortunately I have a living dex and don't have pokemon bank. So I basically have 7 boxes to work with. I use 1 for shinies, 1 for extra shinies/events, 1 for Vivillons, 1 for Convo pokes (to use when trading, although I rarely use them), and 2-3 for trade fodder (I'm not quite done with my living dex so I'm offering powersaves to people in exchange for pokes. I get like boxes at a time like this). I shove everything else wherever I can find room

Back