• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Complete

How Should We Arrange The Wild Pokemon:

• Each Pokemon In Their Native Regions

Votes: 117 50.9%
  • Nationa Dex At Start - Eg. Johto Pokemon In Kanto

Votes: 47 20.4%
  • After Each Regional Dex Uprgrade, That regions Pokemon Appear in Every Region.

Votes: 66 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
Years
it just pops up it doesnt get verifyed!!

No lol... I remember creating one there before. A Moderator has to vertify it before it shows up there. -.-"
As for why ours wasn't... I have no idea.

EDIT: Hehe, I predict a post from some guy who's rather experienced at hacking and knows a lot about it. I must be psychic. ;)

Last edited:

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
sorry to be off topic but i made one and it was immediately up in a flash!!

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
I have a question for you guys. infact a few...

1. how are you guys gonna account for the fact that FR only has 4 world maps with one bearlt usable?

2. what abut the flight posistion limit of 20? im sure theres more than 20 flight posistions in for regions...

3. What about the healing point limit? theres only 20 of those too (i think.). if thats not sorted then you could die and return to a completly different region due to lack of healing points.

4. map names will also be a huge problem. have 4 regions you will most definitly run out of map names to use... hows that gonna be cracked?

5. im thinking that the amount of OW sprites in FR is insufficent to spread through 4 regions. its just about doable but would be much better if there were more than the amount in FR.

6. this is probably one of the biggest problems... what are you going to do about your pokemon leveling up. ive found that after about 2 big regions your pokemon will all be ike level 80 or something. leaving the rest of the regions easy as its level 100 pokes all the way...

7. i hope you know that most tools dont support roms over 16mb. i think this includes A-map too. means your gonna have to do quite a bit of stuff with a hex editor...

8. what about FRs badge limit of 8? with 4 regions or more that will be like 32 badges or something? i suppose its not a big issue. but still should be thought of no?

with all that said i wish you guys alor of luck. i did think about something similar too :P and its never been done before.

again lots of luck to you all.
link

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
id like to map sinnoh and just pm me.

Hes got a point, and if this is your first hack, map
it new its hard to find a hex editor

xadamxzzz

Pokemon Thunderstone Owner
Years
Umm... I just remade new bark town but when I inserted it the map got all mixed up with tile errors so I don't think all the maps will fit

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
I have a question for you guys. infact a few...

1. how are you guys gonna account for the fact that FR only has 4 world maps with one bearlt usable?

2. what abut the flight posistion limit of 20? im sure theres more than 20 flight posistions in for regions...

3. What about the healing point limit? theres only 20 of those too (i think.). if thats not sorted then you could die and return to a completly different region due to lack of healing points.

4. map names will also be a huge problem. have 4 regions you will most definitly run out of map names to use... hows that gonna be cracked?

5. im thinking that the amount of OW sprites in FR is insufficent to spread through 4 regions. its just about doable but would be much better if there were more than the amount in FR.

6. this is probably one of the biggest problems... what are you going to do about your pokemon leveling up. ive found that after about 2 big regions your pokemon will all be ike level 80 or something. leaving the rest of the regions easy as its level 100 pokes all the way...

7. i hope you know that most tools dont support roms over 16mb. i think this includes A-map too. means your gonna have to do quite a bit of stuff with a hex editor...

8. what about FRs badge limit of 8? with 4 regions or more that will be like 32 badges or something? i suppose its not a big issue. but still should be thought of no?

with all that said i wish you guys alor of luck. i did think about something similar too :P and its never been done before.

again lots of luck to you all.
link

Actually hes right... We really can't fit every region ever made into one rom without running into huge problems...

I think Hoenn for now works for me and with everyone here working on one region, it won't be long until its complete.

The Blueprint

Pokemon: Aurum
Years
Ok, I'm Making a New Post to post screens.

Meteor Falls
MeteorFalls1-2.png

Btw, A question. Are those ledges the jump able ones or do I need to switch them [Bottom Left]
I Tried to fix it with no luck Sharp :(

Last edited:

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
Ok, I'm Making a New Post to post screens.

Meteor Falls
MeteorFalls1.png

Btw, A question. Are those ledges the jump able ones or do I need to switch them [Bottom Left]

Those are jumpable. Also, why are all the walls using the wrong tiles? Look at the entrance at the bottom right. Those are tiles the walls around it should have.

Edit: Also, no offence but I see a TON of tile errors. Like around the corners.

The Blueprint

Years
Those are jumpable. Also, why are all the walls using the wrong tiles? Look at the entrance at the bottom right. Those are tiles the walls around it should have.

Edit: Also, no offence but I see a TON of tile errors. Like around the corners.

I know they wouldn't work out right. There where no tiles that would fit there. Trust me, I tried (probably just not hard enough) but couldn't get it to work out. We can probably fix those when we make some custom tiles. Like Faint Brushfire suggested, these can just be beta maps, and we can tweak them when we get the custom tiles. Sorry Sharp. Ill send you the map file if you want a go at tweaking it ?

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
Alright. I'll see what I can do. After this I'm going to bed. :)

Edit: I have to go now. I'll tweak it tomorrow.

Last edited:

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
Years
Just a suggestion since you might not be able to fit all the regions, maybe you should make two parts.
Then again it would defeat the purpose of the idea.....I gotta say Good Luck on this one. If you'll need a beta tester, PM me. I would be more than happy to help in anyway I can.

The Blueprint

Years
Just a suggestion since you might not be able to fit all the regions, maybe you should make two parts.
Then again it would defeat the purpose of the idea.....I gotta say Good Luck on this one. If you'll need a beta tester, PM me. I would be more than happy to help in anyway I can.

It is possible. It will just take a lot of complicated work that I know absolutely nothing about. However, I know the right people, and with a lot of time and effort, I think we might accomplish this.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Thanyou.
I Would like to ask If anyone would like to help along with this hack. PM or e-mail me - [email protected]
Btw. Ray Maverick, are those tiles in your Signature made by you ? Theyre Quite something. We could use someone like that as a mapper.

The tiles are not made by me ( i inserted them), and i'm currently busy with my hack.

But how are you going to extend a rom? You need to edit the hex, you know how?

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
Years
The tiles are not made by me ( i inserted them), and i'm currently busy with my hack.

But how are you going to extend a rom? You need to edit the hex, you know how?

No, but we know someone that does.
He's a rather famous Hacker that has posted here and he's agreed to help us. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back