The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 23rd, 2014, 12:28 AM
abdi987

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdi987 View Post
is it possible for you to remove the staravia in the forrest it's a bit broken and gives the player too much amo with espeon wrcking the entire preliminary tournament did not take any damage
ANd even after thhat it still wrecks everything by using close combat plus brave bird
Old February 23rd, 2014, 08:00 PM
pbood2

Hello abdi and wacky. my team levels are as of meeting with Gabriel and laura talking with me after and then going through the sandstone passage. Staraptor 43, beautifly 43, ludicolo 43 and quagsire 42, typhlosion 44 and jolteon 44. Of the staravia event, that's how I got my staraptor and I think it is fine to have the staravia because you don't have to use it if you don't want to.
Beautifly has gotten much better as it leveled up so I don't think I will replace it. :D Jolteon is doing just as good as espeon would do in this so far.

For wacky, I think the difficulty scale is perfect right now because the opponents in the tournaments are close to the player's level or above it at least in my case which makes it more fun and challenging. ;D

Last edited by pbood2; February 23rd, 2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 10:16 PM
pbood2

Hey WackyTurtle. I have been looking all over for the treasure map pieces sidequest but I can't find the last one. Could you give me a hint please? Is one in the sandstone passage? I have the one from desert, one from ruins, one from just outside the ruins and I can't find the fourth (maybe last piece) and more if there are. :D Please help.
Old February 24th, 2014, 12:07 AM
abdi987

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbood2 View Post
Hello abdi and wacky. my team levels are as of meeting with Gabriel and laura talking with me after and then going through the sandstone passage. Staraptor 43, beautifly 43, ludicolo 43 and quagsire 42, typhlosion 44 and jolteon 44. Of the staravia event, that's how I got my staraptor and I think it is fine to have the staravia because you don't have to use it if you don't want to.
Beautifly has gotten much better as it leveled up so I don't think I will replace it. :D Jolteon is doing just as good as espeon would do in this so far.

For wacky, I think the difficulty scale is perfect right now because the opponents in the tournaments are close to the player's level or above it at least in my case which makes it more fun and challenging. ;D
point made i just dislike beutifly line and you are on a good level my espeon is just to op and i understand with staravia but at least nerf it everybody is usiong the damn thing
Old March 2nd, 2014, 01:48 PM
pbood2

Hey Wacky. I sent a message about the treasure hunt sidequest but you haven't responded so I was wondering if you could please respond about whether you want to tell me or you don't want to tell me. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thing is about the staravia is that its people's choice if they want to use it or not. I don't think it needs to be nerfed or anything.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 03:08 PM
abdi987

as roger oh so magnifisently said on american dad "nya"

lol sorry point made but damn op starapttor
Old March 8th, 2014, 05:52 PM
WackyTurtle
Developer

Nature: Relaxed
Latest screenshot from Chapter Five, which is still in early stages right now but progressing steadily. It's a dream sequence, which is why everything has become a bit Lynchian...

Developer of Pokémon: Legends of the Arena.
Old March 9th, 2014, 01:01 PM
johnlrc

wow that music and the story! its just amazing , you totally have my support :D
Old March 10th, 2014, 11:04 PM
abdi987

Cool progress quickly but steadily so i can play it lol xd
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 10:14 AM
Dedenne1
Do I look like a Pikachu?

Nature: Brave
I like the game and storyline it's original and the screenshots look great the only thing I don't like is the characters I like originally made ones or ones with different coloring but you'll probably change them as you progress best of luck

If you have played uranium you should join they're forums pokemonuranium.forumiero.com
FC: 0018-1850-7583
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 07:16 AM
Uzigunner

Nature: Gentle
This game is too good. The storyline, the humor, the challenge, the difficulty, everything about the game is over the top! Awesome job my man. However, at the same time, here's a bug that I found, that made sucker punch Haunter a nightmare. Sucker punch still hit, regardless the fact that I went for Grasswhistle with my Leafeon, or Thunder Wave by Pikachu. Please fix that... Also, is the Light ball accessible in this game, because using Pikachu is quite a pain without the light ball...... Good luck!
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 08:07 AM
WackyTurtle
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzigunner View Post
This game is too good. The storyline, the humor, the challenge, the difficulty, everything about the game is over the top! Awesome job my man. However, at the same time, here's a bug that I found, that made sucker punch Haunter a nightmare. Sucker punch still hit, regardless the fact that I went for Grasswhistle with my Leafeon, or Thunder Wave by Pikachu. Please fix that... Also, is the Light ball accessible in this game, because using Pikachu is quite a pain without the light ball...... Good luck!
Sorry about that, I had to release a demo under version 11 of Pokémon Essentials, seeing as version 13 has a bug which won't let you release a demo. It'll be fixed in the next release. Also, I think the only way you can get the Light Ball in this game is to catch a wild Pikachu holding one, which happens about 10% of the time I think.

Old 3 Weeks Ago, 08:08 AM
Suchanut02

Why do Ghost types have to be illegal ? I have gotten through the story to the place that they tell you why but it makes no sense! If a type was banned because of an evil team in the real games there would be few types left. Sorry about the "rant" but one of my favorite and my least favorite pokemon are ghost types.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 11:31 AM
WackyTurtle
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchanut02 View Post
Why do Ghost types have to be illegal ? I have gotten through the story to the place that they tell you why but it makes no sense! If a type was banned because of an evil team in the real games there would be few types left. Sorry about the "rant" but one of my favorite and my least favorite pokemon are ghost types.
You're right to question why Ghost types were banned in the first place. It's not supposed to be a decision you agree with, but one which might be seen as believable. It's like when they banned people from wearing those V for Vendetta masks at protests - there's nothing wrong with the masks themselves but it was supposed to act as a deterrent to antisocial behaviour.

Old 3 Weeks Ago, 09:58 AM
Uzigunner

Can somebody please help me? I need to get the ticket but the grumpy old man won't give me... What should I do? Sorry if this question is continuously asked....
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 01:03 PM
abdi987

If you reached the grumpy jerk old man you have finished the curently available demo pls wait for a few month and let Wacky continue making his game in peace.
If you have reached there it would be good for you to backtrack a bit get a few new pokemon get new itemns there alsoe ar a few sidequest you can do.
Have fun
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 10:13 PM
Uzigunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdi987 View Post
If you reached the grumpy jerk old man you have finished the curently available demo pls wait for a few month and let Wacky continue making his game in peace.
If you have reached there it would be good for you to backtrack a bit get a few new pokemon get new itemns there alsoe ar a few sidequest you can do.
Have fun
No problemo.. No pressure whatsoever wacky, take your time....
Old 2 Days Ago, 09:03 AM
Jojirius
Jacuzzi Ant

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Jojirius
I love your vision for the game itself.

I know it's your long-term goal, but I'm really excited to see your vision for graphics, since as you said that's not a priority yet.
Old 1 Day Ago, 06:05 PM
Peitharchia
// and finite incantatem

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Peitharchia
I'm a huge fan of your mapping style; looks very natural, if you ask me. Personally not very good at this sort of stuff; I've tried making a few maps for my friend's game before, but things always wound up looking bad. ): Also, glad to see that you're using gen four graphics; gives me some nostalgic feel, haha. Definitely going to try this game when I get the chance!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links