• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Hey guys, if none of yas remember me, I'm Killer-Swift, from the good-ol days with Shido and umm.... well Shido. xD; Okay there were some others like Fufu, lil-dill, GK, the guy whose anme starts with a "y" and is a co-owner here.

Yah, I got bad memory, wanna fight about it? x:

Anyways, I might start SHing again.... I'm not sure tho... I am yet to actually beat the Elite four yet cuz I havn't ahd a lot of playing time... and my team sucks balls. So after I beat them, I might go after a shiny.. I dunno who though. Maybe Skorupi.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
Years
Hey guys, if none of yas remember me, I'm Killer-Swift, from the good-ol days with Shido and umm.... well Shido. xD; Okay there were some others like Fufu, lil-dill, GK, the guy whose anme starts with a "y" and is a co-owner here.

Yah, I got bad memory, wanna fight about it? x:

Anyways, I might start SHing again.... I'm not sure tho... I am yet to actually beat the Elite four yet cuz I havn't ahd a lot of playing time... and my team sucks balls. So after I beat them, I might go after a shiny.. I dunno who though. Maybe Skorupi.

Welcome back dude. I mean Killer-Swift. Kool, so catch any shinies lately?

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Me? lol nah, I got no luck. And you can just call me Kyle.

Plus, if I caught a shiny, don't ya think I'd tell you guys? D:

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2007
OK I am hunting for a shiny tauros using the pokeradar I have seen many videos of people that capture shinies using this method so it could be very effective to get shinies but chaining them is so difficult my largest chain was 31 I cant get to the 40 chain

Anyone have been using this method with good results

Thanks for answering my questio

see you later

DIEGO

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013

Would that be me? XD

Well I've decided I'm going to buy Diamond on Tuesday and play it on my semi broken DS until I get the new one, but until then I'm training up some mons for competitive battle on the 4th Gen. I may also start training Beldum.

Good luck all.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Hey guys. I've not been feeling too well over the last 3 days so I've not been shiny hunting. But once I get better I'll resume my hunt for Regigigas.

And Ullion, good luck. I mean really good luck. You'll need it if you plan to hunt shiny Skorupi. I know I caught a shiny Croagunk but I swear I also saw Hell freeze over on my visit that day.

ZaChAttAck101

Rukario's Biggest Fan!
Years
Lil-Dill- wow that must really suck =[[... you'll get it the next time with or without your flareon XD...right now i want a skitty swarm so i can give the pokeradar a try for the 1st time and get a shiny skitty so that i can raise 1

also to everyone else good luck on shiny hunting~~~

Ullion- i see your a digimon fan!! XD i only like season two the most because it was the best of the best..the next best season to me was season four with spirit evolution...

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Well i managed to end my dry spell shiny wise, with two shiny absols, one with pressure, and one with super luck.

Piccys
sta40118vi0.jpg

sta40119hz1.jpg

sta40120xn6.jpg

sta40121ua5.jpg

However i don't know which one of these would be the best one to use in a team, so could some of the more knowledgeable members help me? which absol should i use in my team, and how?

EDIT: Crud, didn't want them that big

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Any Fossil shiny (soft reset)
Any Hooked shiny (fishing)
Any PokeRadar Exclusive shiny (pokeradar)
Any Legend (soft reset/egg hatch)

Edit: Eh, to be honest with you, Kratos, neither of them are that good. I say use the Hardy one. At least it won't be outrun by slow junk.

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Any Fossil shiny (soft reset)
Any Hooked shiny (fishing)
Any PokeRadar Exclusive shiny (pokeradar)
Any Legend (soft reset/egg hatch)

Edit: Eh, to be honest with you, Kratos, neither of them are that good. I say use the Hardy one. At least it won't be outrun by slow junk.

I already knew neither of them were any good nature wise, it was more of a "lesser of two evils" kinda thing ya know?

But thanks for your input, one more thing though how would you say i ev train them? and what moveset should i give it?

I don't use absol very much ya see.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Just curious, but the Hardy one DOES have Super Luck, right? If so, then you should definitely train that one.

It would help to know the Speed IV of your Absol. I'd say that you should just max Attack and Speed, and give it a Choice Banding moveset.

Absol@Choice Band
Night Slash/Sucker Punch
Psycho Cut
Rock Smash
X-Scissor/Stone Edge

Alternatively, you can just run Swords Dance in the last move slot, take your pic between X-Scissor, Rock Smash, and Stone Edge, and make Absol hold Life Orb or Expert Belt.

Absol@Life Orb/Expert Belt
Swords Dance
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Rock Smash/X-Scissor/Stone Edge

I'd run either Rock Smash or Stone Edge because the Rock Smash hits most things that X-Scissor can hit harder (like Tyranitar, Houndoom, and Weavile).

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Just curious, but the Hardy one DOES have Super Luck, right? If so, then you should definitely train that one.

It would help to know the Speed IV of your Absol. I'd say that you should just max Attack and Speed, and give it a Choice Banding moveset.

Absol@Choice Band
Night Slash/Sucker Punch
Psycho Cut
Rock Smash
X-Scissor/Stone Edge

Alternatively, you can just run Swords Dance in the last move slot, take your pic between X-Scissor, Rock Smash, and Stone Edge, and make Absol hold Life Orb or Expert Belt.

Absol@Life Orb/Expert Belt
Swords Dance
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Rock Smash/X-Scissor/Stone Edge

I'd run either Rock Smash or Stone Edge because the Rock Smash hits most things that X-Scissor can hit harder (like Tyranitar, Houndoom, and Weavile).

The hardy one does indeed have super luck, i'll start training it later tonight.
Thanks for the help fufu.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
Years
Well Ive shiny hunted non stop yesterday and today. I did an all nighter, AND STILL NO ROSELIA! I shouldve had quickballs on friday...:(
Anyways umm I kinda misplaced my Emerald in my messy room so I should find it soon.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
LilDill, why did you even think about attacking Roselia with a super effective move in the first place? Did you not have many PokeBalls?

Wow, I only need three more shinies to get to the red stars...I've come a long way from when I first joined. Though to be fair, I would only have one blue star if it weren't for the PokeRadar. To be honest, I want Latias to be my first red star (assuming I get there, of course), maybe I should lay off hunting it for a bit.

Yeah, I think that sounds nice. Looks like all my attention is now on Bulbasaur and Squirtle! Wish me luck. ^^

What color comes after red, anyways? I haven't seen any card with that many shinies on it.

I change my avatar too often. I wish I could find one that I really liked and wouldn't have to change all the time.

Last edited:

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
LilDill, why did you even think about attacking Roselia with a super effective move in the first place? Did you not have many PokeBalls?

Wow, I only need three more shinies to get to the red stars...I've come a long way from when I first joined. Though to be fair, I would only have one Blue Star if it weren't for the PokeRadar. To be honest, I want Latias to be my first Red Star (assuming I get there, of course), maybe I should lay off hunting it for a bit.

Yeah, I think that sounds nice. Looks like all my attention is now on Bulbasaur and Squirtle! Wish me luck. ^^

What color comes after red, anyways? I haven't seen any card with that many shinies on it.

I change my avatar too often. I wish I could find one that I really liked and wouldn't have to change all the time.

~Fufu3000~, what are the Red & Blue Stars you speak of?

Back