• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon XP

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2008
oh yea kitoshi i have the first town and like 2 routes done.

ill definatly be done by the end of spring break which is march 21st

1 month hope u can wait =D

j.a

awesomenesses!
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2008
done the entire game!¿!¿ Or just the maps¿

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2009
Love this game only one question why that type of graphics? Why not something better?

Kitoshi

Introverted Procrastinator
Years
Nice, quite a few problems as you may know. Good luck and hope to see this game progress...

Well, the starter kit wasn't perfect.
I'll try to work on the game whenever I have free time and I'm not on War Rock.

Love this game only one question why that type of graphics? Why not something better?

What was good about this game?

And what do you suggest is "better"?
I don't really like the official GBA graphics either, but I'm too lazy to redesign/recolour the graphics in the game.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2009
Have you ever heard of vitamins they stop you from being totally lazy cause really those graohics are ok but you must aim high however it is your game so do what you have to after all one opinion does't matter.Continue on the game and i wish you well in making it.

Kitoshi

Years
Have you ever heard of vitamins they stop you from being totally lazy cause really those graohics are ok but you must aim high however it is your game so do what you have to after all one opinion does't matter.Continue on the game and i wish you well in making it.

Thanks,
But I'm still brainstorming how the next chapter in the game should be played out though.

And I do take multivitamins daily, but I expend most of its anti-laziness wonders on schoolwork and my hobby as a computer technician.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2009
HEY I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID ABOUT THE GRAPHICS IT ACTUALLY LOOKS DIFFERENT COMPARED TO THE SCREENSHOT.HOWEVER WHEN YOU ENTER A BATTLE THE GLARE STRAINS YOUR EYES ALSO THE WRITING IS A LITTLE DIFFICULT TO SEE.THE TEXT IN CERTAIN AREAS LIKE WHEN YOU ENTER YOUR BAG AT WHERE IT SAYS ITEMS THE TEXT IS ODD.

Last edited:

Kitoshi

Years
Hey, I take back what I said about the graphics.

The graphics look different compared to the screenshots.

And when you enter a battle, the glare strains your eyes.
And the font is a bit difficult to see.

The text in certain areas, for example:
The 'Items' text in the bag appears odd.​

Edited for clarity and interpretation.

By "glare" I assume you mean by the screen flashing when a monster is expelled from the Monster Ball.
My beta testers and I, have had no problem with that before.

About the font:
I assumed that Arial is a global font so I used that for easier localization in other people's computers.

The game was originally supposed to have the Pocket Monsters Ruby/Sapphire fonts;
And the images used for the User Interface were outdated*,
Hence the reason why the text in the Bag and monster data areas appear odd.

*The interface graphics were from the first version of Pocket Monsters XP.
The game in this forum is currently the third version of Pocket Monsters XP.

raykid100

crizula!!!!
Years
I played the game and i must say, you've got pretty much scripting knowledge!
So much i stopped making my game because i will never have that knowledge.
I opened thx RPGXP file in my RPG maker and saw the huge scripts, but...
There's one thing that pushed me to stop playing.
And for that one reason it hasn't opened ever again... A shame...
The fullsrcreen mode was... messed up! Quite a shock!
The window was too small so i had to switch to fullscreen.
But overall: Nice battles, cool story, a few orientation problems and nice remake of the regio.
7/10

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
Years
A lot of people seem to be complaining about the graphics and how he's too 'lazy' to improve them. I think the main goal of this project is a modernised and more adult story, so he's probably trying to get the story board and such sorted out before working on the eye candy.
Love the oily effect, a very nice shortcut. I may use something along those lines if I make another game with pixelated sprites.
I think this has some potential, just don't get discouraged by the comments of many PC members that can't seem to cope with a different styled Pokémon fangame, which you'll get a lot of.

Kitoshi

Years
I played the game and i must say, you've got pretty much scripting knowledge!
So much i stopped making my game because i will never have that knowledge.
I opened thx RPGXP file in my RPG maker and saw the huge scripts, but...
There's one thing that pushed me to stop playing.
And for that one reason it hasn't opened ever again... A shame...
The fullsrcreen mode was... messed up! Quite a shock!
The window was too small so i had to switch to fullscreen.
But overall: Nice battles, cool story, a few orientation problems and nice remake of the regio.
7/10

Thanks for the review.

The game wasn't meant to be played in full screen.
(Ask anyone who's used a Pokémon Starter Kit)
The "Read Me.txt" file in the archive should have covered that issue.

Most of the scripts were from the Pokémon Starter Kit by Blizzy and Freakboy,
I only amended and added certain scripts to enhance the gameplay.

I, myself am not a scripter.
I just happen to half-understand scripts by common sense from my previous experiences.

About the orientation... well, there was no orientation.
I tried three times to make one already, but I disliked the end results;
So don't say I was lazy on that.

- -

And just because other games may be better doesn't mean you should stop working on your game.
I know that my game isn't the best in PokéCommunity, but I'm working on making it as entertaining as I possibly can.

You have your own individually unique ideas, you should work to voice those ideas.
Even if you don't know scripting, just do the best you can and strive for excellence.

"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal -- a commitment to excellence -- that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
- Mario Andretti

A lot of people seem to be complaining about the graphics and how he's too 'lazy' to improve them. I think the main goal of this project is a modernised and more adult story, so he's probably trying to get the story board and such sorted out before working on the eye candy.
Love the oily effect, a very nice shortcut. I may use something along those lines if I make another game with pixelated sprites.
I think this has some potential, just don't get discouraged by the comments of many PC members that can't seem to cope with a different styled Pokémon fangame, which you'll get a lot of.

Completely true.
You read my state of mind like a friggin' book.

I made this to appeal to those who are not so hardcore fans of Pokémon, especially older Pokémon fans.
(Which I think the franchise is doing a less than satisfactory job to retain)

I am prone to mixing Pokémon and a controversial concept together.
(In this case: Pokémon + Mature storyline)
Just like I did with my AMVs.
(In that case: Pokémon + Rock/Metal/Trance/Alternative)

Of course I am met with constant opposition in whatever I do because the two elements that I use are said to contradict.

I know I cannot please everyone at once.
I especially cannot please close-minded people.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
Story line seems cool, and I like the screenshots you posted. I'll definatly check out the demo when I'm not so tired...*bookmarked for future reference*

Back