• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding new ribbons

SeraCross

Often lost in thought
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 5, 2022
Hey everyone!

I'm wanting to add a set of ribbons that are given to pokemon with high EVs in a particular stat; 6 in total.

However I'm am a bit unsure of how to implement the system as they are different than adding an actual item. I know you have to edit pbribbons (I assume add the name and description of the new ribbons to the lists), but I'm lost when it comes to editing pokemon summary and the ribbons graphic as they deal with coordinates?

Also confused about with "\se[itemlevel]\wtnp[20]" means in the ribbon-giving scripts.

Any advice on editing would be most excellent and awesome of you! :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
I'm pretty sure that you just need to add more graphics to the same graphic file, Essentials will use the right ribbon through the scripts.

\se[itemlevel]\wtnp[20].
\se - will play a sound effect audio file --- In this case, itemlevel. (this will be in the audio folder)
\wtnp - This is a wait script. This is telling the script (i.e. playing the audio file), not to continue on with the script until the desired time limit (in this case, 20 frames).

I'm sure the WIKI should explain all this, I'm probably wrong because I don't handle that sort of thing myself.

SeraCross

Often lost in thought
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 5, 2022
Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Do you know if/how Essentials designates which ribbon is which on the grapic file?

Back