• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2014
Hey everyone.

I was just surfing the web while I came across this. It's probably the best hack I've ever played.
But...

I can't manage to get the damn last page. I got the one from East Suden, the one hidden in the drawer, the Sage one, the one from the Miltank farm, and I don't remember where I got the other one (cave of illusions, maybe? I actually don't remember, and going there without a clue would be senseless), so I'm kinda freaking out, it's the only sidequest I'm missing, and it's just that damn page.

Anyone willing to help me out? :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
Training my pokemon, 2 shiny sentrets and i defeated both of them, really bad luck, anyways, i like this game, it's really awesome :D

EDIT:
Also caught a shiny spearow and then another one appeared for me, i really like this game, it's full of shinies :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 30, 2014
Hey im new to this game so im really excited to get started. I have been playing a lot of pokemon hacks since it gets boring during the midterm period at university. I love the idea of this game, but with everyone talking about trading pokemon, im a little bit confused. Is it possible to trade pokemon in this game even if you are playing on your laptop? and if so, how do you do that? plus im playing on a mac with OS 10.6.8 so will that affect the possibility of trading for me?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2015
Ok so I just caught a shiny Pidgey on this hack. Are the odds increased at all?

Also, what do I have to do to be able to fight the first gym leader? I have the Pokedex and got the repels from the Mart.

RuinofDarkness

RuinofDarkness
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I started playing Pokemon Omicron but I quickly moved onto this one. This is one of the best hacks I've ever had the chance to play. Bravo.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
I've started playing the game a couple of days ago... and I absolutely love it!! This is the best hack for it that ive come across so far!
I do have a problem though.... my magikarp wont evolve its lvl27 already and its suppose to evo at lvl20?? Is there something I need to do or is it a glich that just needs to be fixed still??

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
jmilton00 said:
Hey everyone.

I was just surfing the web while I came across this. It's probably the best hack I've ever played.
But...

I can't manage to get the damn last page. I got the one from East Suden, the one hidden in the drawer, the Sage one, the one from the Miltank farm, and I don't remember where I got the other one (cave of illusions, maybe? I actually don't remember, and going there without a clue would be senseless), so I'm kinda freaking out, it's the only sidequest I'm missing, and it's just that damn page.

Anyone willing to help me out?
1.%20smile.gif
Sounds to me like you're missing possibly the only obvious one :D
There is a page in Area 101 which you can get with a pokemon that can surf.

spicycurryboy said:
Hey im new to this game so im really excited to get started. I have been playing a lot of pokemon hacks since it gets boring during the midterm period at university. I love the idea of this game, but with everyone talking about trading pokemon, im a little bit confused. Is it possible to trade pokemon in this game even if you are playing on your laptop? and if so, how do you do that? plus im playing on a mac with OS 10.6.8 so will that affect the possibility of trading for me?
I have removed the possibility of accessing the "trading system" that is normally in the upper floor of each Pokecenter. You can trade with a plenty of in-game people though.

sofamoral said:
I've started playing the game a couple of days ago... and I absolutely love it!! This is the best hack for it that ive come across so far!
I do have a problem though.... my magikarp wont evolve its lvl27 already and its suppose to evo at lvl20?? Is there something I need to do or is it a glich that just needs to be fixed still??
No, there is no glitch. Magikarp isn't supposed to evolve by leveling it up at all; for obvious reasons you still haven't run into.
You can evolve it to Gyarados with a water stone if you like though (which is explained in the ReadMe I believe).

insectrepellent said:
Ok so I just caught a shiny Pidgey on this hack. Are the odds increased at all?

Also, what do I have to do to be able to fight the first gym leader? I have the Pokedex and got the repels from the Mart.
You will either have to;
1) Level at least one of your party pokemon to level 10, or
2) Play the game a bit further until the player himself realizes he might be able to take on the gym in the capital.

Also, the odds of encountering shiny pokemon is increased a lot.

RuinofDarkness said:
I started playing Pokemon Omicron but I quickly moved onto this one. This is one of the best hacks I've ever had the chance to play. Bravo.
Thank you! And thanks to everyone else who said something positive as well :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
The creator of the hack said you need a Water Stone, in a sidequest you need to train a magikarp and its not easy to canceling evolution allll time

Years
Thank you for this awesome hack, I love it ! But I have just a question and a big problem :

I am now in Granaldo city, I beat the cave Monster in the Game Over mode. After this part, still in Granaldo City, I tried to save the game but it is now impossible.. I also tried to save the game directly in a file, but now I have "Error creating file" all 10 seconds in the game :(
Am I still in Game Over mode and can it end ? Or can I reboot the game ? I'm affraid of lost all my saves and I really don't wan't to restart the game at the beginning :(

Help me plzzzz ! Thanks a lot !

miksy91

Years
Thank you for this awesome hack, I love it ! But I have just a question and a big problem :

I am now in Granaldo city, I beat the cave Monster in the Game Over mode. After this part, still in Granaldo City, I tried to save the game but it is now impossible.. I also tried to save the game directly in a file, but now I have "Error creating file" all 10 seconds in the game :(
Am I still in Game Over mode and can it end ? Or can I reboot the game ? I'm affraid of lost all my saves and I really don't wan't to restart the game at the beginning :(

Help me plzzzz ! Thanks a lot !
I doubt you not being able to save has anything to do with my Game over sequence hack although it does disable saving until it lasts. However, the sequence ends right after you get out of the Granaldo Cave so it shouldn't be enabled anymore.

Also, the sequence doesn't make the emulator not being able to save, it simply disables the saving routine from being accessed at all. I don't think that explanation makes any sense though, but just pulling it up in case you know a little bit of programming.

But I'm not sure what to tell you to do though... If you can somehow create a save state/file you can use, good. If not, no idea really :\

Anyway, if you lose your save file and would have to start over from the beginning, you might as well watch Axman's let's play in YouTube that would cover (most) of the things you would miss. After all, you're pretty close to the end of the beta already. But nice to hear you liked playing though! :)

Years
I doubt you not being able to save has anything to do with my Game over sequence hack although it does disable saving until it lasts. However, the sequence ends right after you get out of the Granaldo Cave so it shouldn't be enabled anymore.

Also, the sequence doesn't make the emulator not being able to save, it simply disables the saving routine from being accessed at all. I don't think that explanation makes any sense though, but just pulling it up in case you know a little bit of programming.

But I'm not sure what to tell you to do though... If you can somehow create a save state/file you can use, good. If not, no idea really :\

Thank you for your reply ! I tried to reboot the game... and TADAAAAH! It worked ! :D
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
I've been playing this game for about a couple weeks now. I really enjoy it. I've got a few questions that I can't seem to get answered by browsing this thread for the last 2 hours...I'm sure they are pretty dumb and obvious.

First off, I have found 6 pages...but can't read them. Do I have to take them somewhere?

I've caught Zapdos and Articuno...where do I get moltres? I thought I read it tells you in those pages, which goes back to my first question.

For doing the Adria Quest, where do I get the key for the basement in the building for yellowleaf town?

That should at least lead me onto what I have left, and would probably put me at 5 of 7 sidequests I believe. I already have 3 elemental orbs.

Thanks!

miksy91

Years
I've been playing this game for about a couple weeks now. I really enjoy it. I've got a few questions that I can't seem to get answered by browsing this thread for the last 2 hours...I'm sure they are pretty dumb and obvious.

First off, I have found 6 pages...but can't read them. Do I have to take them somewhere?

I've caught Zapdos and Articuno...where do I get moltres? I thought I read it tells you in those pages, which goes back to my first question.

For doing the Adria Quest, where do I get the key for the basement in the building for yellowleaf town?

That should at least lead me onto what I have left, and would probably put me at 5 of 7 sidequests I believe. I already have 3 elemental orbs.

Thanks!

YES... you definitely have to take the pages somewhere! :D

There's that book in the house in Area 104 of which pages had been missing, and they are for filling that book up.
By taking the pages there, you will also find a way to get Moltres and do the Adria quest as well.

But hey, thanks for playing and great to hear you have been enjoying it!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 14, 2014
Has Beta 5 come out yet or are you still working on it? I really enjoyed this hack and even did a playthrough of it on my channel and I'm really looking forward to playing Beta 5.

miksy91

Years
Has Beta 5 come out yet or are you still working on it? I really enjoyed this hack and even did a playthrough of it on my channel and I'm really looking forward to playing Beta 5.
Thanks. Good to hear you liked it :)
And I think I have seen a couple of your episodes as well since sometimes I like browsing around youtube checking how often people tend to record videos based on this hack.

Then again... I haven't really worked on this hack since beta 4 came out last summer. Today, I study IT as my main subject in university, so spending my spare time doing similar things I do already study, and do as my homework, hasn't just been "the thing" anymore.
And I've got many other hobbies expect rom hacking as well.

I haven't decided to quit working on this or anything, but I haven't just had the interest to carry on. That may change when I have less schoolwork though (it ought to come to that in May or a bit sooner).

Miksy91, where do you plan to go with this hack? Do you think it will be huge?!
I guess you could say it will be huge whenever it is finished. I may have to make room for new areas by expanding the original coding based on "how many maps there are in the game" etc.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 2, 2014
I guess you could say it will be huge whenever it is finished. I may have to make room for new areas by expanding the original coding based on "how many maps there are in the game" etc.

Nice! By the way I think beta 4 is great so far I've been playing it for a day now.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
Hello, I discovered your game yesterday, it's really well made.

I just have some questions:

The Evee's evolutions are only those of the both first generation or are Espeon and Glaceon included?
How do the pokémon such as Kadabra or Haunter evolve on this game, it relies on the level or there's another way?

I'm French and I love this rom.
BTW: Is there an Q&A which respond to this questions, if yes just give the link I'll seek by myself.

All my support for your rom, it's one of the best that I ever played!

miksy91

Years
I just have some questions:

The Evee's evolutions are only those of the both first generation or are Espeon and Glaceon included?
How do the pokémon such as Kadabra or Haunter evolve on this game, it relies on the level or there's another way?
You're talking about Leafeon and Glaceon, aren't you? I didn't include either one of them in the hack, nor I have a reason to. There is a sidequest related to Eevee and its evolutions and it wouldn't make any sense if I included them now (after that sidequest is done), so that's mainly the reason.

They evolve by leveling up.

BTW: Is there an Q&A which respond to this questions, if yes just give the link I'll seek by myself.
Check out the main post in this thread. I have written a FAQ there.

All my support for your rom, it's one of the best that I ever played!
Thanks! :)
By the way, the correct term is a "rom hack". "rom" is just one type of memory, but a "hack" means modification of a file (often, a game). Just saying.

Back