• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Uh, yeah... what do the following HEXes mean in Red when Text Hacking?
BA
BB

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
My ROM got extended a bit without me realizing it. The data for the rival's new sprite is directly after the 0xFFFFFF offset, so that means and .ips patch file won't cover that data. Is there a way for a patch to extend the fire red ROM to include this data?

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
My ROM got extended a bit without me realizing it. The data for the rival's new sprite is directly after the 0xFFFFFF offset, so that means and .ips patch file won't cover that data. Is there a way for a patch to extend the fire red ROM to include this data?
Used a ups patcher or APS patcher.
But I recommend using HackMew Advance Patch as it allow you to make patch that support expand rom.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
how do you do a multichoice box?
The multichoice command works like this:
Code:
multichoice bXcoordinate bYcoordinate bID bB_Cancel?
As you can see, all of the parameters are bytes. The X and Y coordinates should be pretty self-explanatory. The ID determines which and how many options will be displayed in the box. If you want to change the contents of each list, there are some threads in the Tutorials section dedicated to doing that. The last byte ("B_Cancel?") determines whether or not pressing 'B' will cancel the box.

I've heard that UPS patches work for expanded ROMs but I'm not 100% on that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I've heard the UPS patches work for expanded ROMs but I'm not 100% on that.

Thanks! They work perfectly. I've never had to do this, but what is the best file sharing/hosting site? If I'm not mistaken, you can't attach a .ups patch to the post in Pokecommunity. If I want to share the .ups patch for beta 2.0 of The Tempest, I'll have to put it on a file hosting site, correct?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Thanks! They work perfectly. I've never had to do this, but what is the best file sharing/hosting site? If I'm not mistaken, you can't attach a .ups patch to the post in Pokecommunity. If I want to share the .ups patch for beta 2.0 of The Tempest, I'll have to put it on a file hosting site, correct?

Not necessarily. You could compress it and then upload the .zip/.rar file.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
hey there please help me out !
im looking all over for the image offset from the male back sprite in fire red

but i cant finde it !i allready looked in unLZ.GBA but nothing =(
so can some one post it here or in my public profile PLEASE !

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
hey there please help me out !
im looking all over for the image offset from the male back sprite in fire red

but i cant finde it !i allready looked in unLZ.GBA but nothing =(
so can some one post it here or in my public profile PLEASE !

That's because the Player's backsprite can't be found in unLZ.GBA, but you can find it in a program like Tile Molester (or even NSE). You will find the male backsprite at E69F00 with the female version immediately following. Have a look at this tut if you want to edit it Tile Molester.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Hello,

I have a problem. I was creating a house full of trainers in Viridian City in Fire Red. However, when I created several, for instance a Hiker and a Cooltrainer, when I was done battling one, and the battle was over, when I tried to walk, I suddenly controlled the Hiker in the left side of my screen?
I used the following scripts:

Trainer 1:

#org $script
lock
faceplayer
trainerbattle 0x00 0x01 $see $win
$see 1 = Battle me!
$win 1 = I lost!
message $after
$after 1 = You're tough!
boxset 6
release
end

Trainer 2:

#org $hikerdude
lock
faceplayer
trainerbattle 0x00 0x03 $see $win
$see 1 = Do you think you're tougher than\nrock?
$win 1 = Oof! That was dazzling!
message $after
$after 1 = That was one rock-hard battle!
boxset 6
release
end

Please help me out, I have no idea how to succesfully create this mansion with like 5 Trainers in there now ><

stinger123

I wish to learn .!PKM HACKING!
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
Quick question:
How come my RUBY rom does not have 25 free spaces between Jirachi and Treecko? My rom has only 2 free spaces. If there is no explanation can somebody PM me a clean ruby rom which they used and they know 100% it has 25 free spaces.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Quick question:
How come my RUBY rom does not have 25 free spaces between Jirachi and Treecko? My rom has only 2 free spaces. If there is no explanation can somebody PM me a clean ruby rom which they used and they know 100% it has 25 free spaces.

Linking to roms is against the forum rules. So just try googling it. Try Searching for a "v1.0" Universal Ruby rom.

Years
Does anyone have a list of hex values attacks have in FireRed? I can't find such a list in the resources thread.

stinger123

I wish to learn .!PKM HACKING!
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
Linking to roms is against the forum rules. So just try googling it. Try Searching for a "v1.0" Universal Ruby rom.

Thanks for the quick reply :)
I thought you weren't aloud to post actual links to the rom thats why I said to send me a PM. Sorry about that :(

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Does anyone have a list of hex values attacks have in FireRed? I can't find such a list in the resources thread.

Open the 'stdattacks.RBH' file that comes with XSE in Notepad. You should get the list.

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
This has probably been asked a million times, but I'm too lazy to search the pages for the answer. Why does Advanced Text crash every time I try to open it?

Attachments

• aterror.JPG
    aterror.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back