• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted [T] [OOC/SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it works like this: You must choose a starter from the list. Once your character is accepted, your chosen starter is removed from the list. Reserving a pokemon won't result in a starter being taken off the list because there is no guarantee that the person will deliver an SU or be accepted.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
That makes sense. Thank you Geras, that's very helpful. I think if that's the case, I'd like to reserve...

Actually I'm kind of torn on which one to reserve. *flips a coin* Ekans. I'd like to reserve Ekans please.

Name: Carmine Malus
Preferred Starter Pokémon: Ekans
Appearance: In her late teens and clearly from old money, Carmine does not immediately look like the adventuring type. She's short and petite even among her age group, and her form fitting and fashionable clothes leave no room to hide any sort of hidden bulk to put to her advantage. Her apparel dances the line between practical and pretty; there are leggings under her pleated skirt and her silk scarf is very tightly coiled around her neck so it won't snag on anything. As far as her clothes are concerned, she seems to stick to a pastel colour palette, spanning whichever colours she pleases but nonetheless staying to muted, light and pale tones. True to her name, Carmine's hair has been dyed a very deep red with a couple sparse locks of black. The girl's hair only goes to her shoulders and is often left straight. Carmine's eyes are a bright blue that are often in stark contrast to her red hair.
Roleplay Sample:

I'd also appreciate being sent a PM regarding the professor's age and personality.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it works like this: You must choose a starter from the list. Once your character is accepted, your chosen starter is removed from the list. Reserving a pokemon won't result in a starter being taken off the list because there is no guarantee that the person will deliver an SU or be accepted.
bingo!!
That makes sense. Thank you Geras, that's very helpful. I think if that's the case, I'd like to reserve...

Actually I'm kind of torn on which one to reserve. *flips a coin* Ekans. I'd like to reserve Ekans please.

Name:
Preferred Starter Pokémon: Ekans
Appearance:
Roleplay Sample:

I'd also appreciate being sent a PM regarding the professor's age and personality.
sure!! I'll add you to the reserve list when I get on a PC next :)

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Almost done! Just doing the RP Sample!

Name: Hugō Colthearts (Hue - go Colt - hearts)

Preferred Starter Pokémon: Purrloin

Appearance: Hugō is a little bit on the slim and mean side, who does weigh around 160 pounds, and also has a height of 5'9. He has bristly, short black hair that has bangs that almost extends to his top shoulders, and alongside his slightly slim 5 fingers on each hand as well as his slightly slim 5 fingers on each tone, his overall skin tone resembles that of a Asian young boy, has it's a pasty yellow color. Speaking of which, while Hugō has the physique and posture of a young woman, he is indeed male, which made a lot of confusion during his wake, but, he became accustomed to it.

Hugō wears the traditional Japanese dress of a miko, which even today has remained essentially unchanged except for the lack of the slit-shoulder seam. It consists of a white jacket with sode-kukuri (cords) through the sleeves and open shoulders. He also wears strings called muna-himo which are attached to each lapel and tied in front to keep the garment closed. Hugō's kosode would be very much like a modern Kendo or Naginata Keikogi, with the sleeve fitting somewhat closely like a modern loose shirt and extending slightly past the wrist. The slits on the side of his hakama, and the openings at the sleeves and shoulders of his hitoe (jacket) showed the white kosode she sported. Hugō also wears a bright red nagabakama (a very long hakama), which includes the small board on the lower back. Finally, Hugō wears common tabi (socks) and rice straw sandals. It's all sported by a red Obi, or belt, over all his other garments.

Roleplay Sample:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Auugh. You are allowed to slap me, maddy. But another journey-esque RP probably isn't what could get me going again after all, so I'll withdraw my reservation and try to post better in that other journey RP I actually am in already.

616564235_872575.gif

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I'm sorry, but I'm gonna drop my reserve guys. I've already joined too many, and I feel like there would be other people more capable of participating.

Last edited:
Years
Sounds like a adventure of large proportions! I'm game, though I'm having the craziest time trying to sort out reserved pokemon! Could someone tell me the pokemon that are still available? And the info on Prof. Hazel Jacobi would be helpful as well. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
All G heretostay i can understand when too many seems like not enough... and then it is. d: and nooo, Rikaaaaa.... *cries* u butt come back to me i have beauty and magic an d thINGS

alright, I'M gonna add everyone onto the reserve list now!!! and send out those PMs!!

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years

Akira Johnson

Nickname: Kira

Preferred Starter Pokémon: Bonsly[Bon Bon]

Appearance: Akira is 5'9, and is Slim with the average weight of 147lbs. She has pale skin, and pretty, round hazel eyes. Her lashes are naturally dark, and she is often asked if she is wearing makeup. Her lashes are also rather long, bringing out the power in her hazel brown eyes. She has a round face, and forever glossed pink lips. She is not very muscular, and to most she appears weak. Akira carries a mature atmosphere around her for a sixteen year old. She has long black hair that extends a little past her shoulders, with a side bang covering her right eye.

Akira were's a short black skirt and a black short sleeve shirt toped with a white vest.

Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
I have a bit of work to do today before I can get a post going, but I'm curious if anyone would like to meet up with Anise? It doesn't have to be in a friendly way.

Years
Name: Akane Kojima

Preferred Starter Pokémon: Tyrogue

Appearance: Akane stands at 5 feet 6 inches, weighs 125 pounds, and is built athletically. She has a mature look about her that often makes people believe that she is older than her actual age of 15. Her hair is a very dark shade of auburn and she usually keeps it in a pony tail or bun. Akane is moderately fair skinned and has intense emerald green eyes. Her shoulders and calf muscles are toned and her abdomen is flat from her constant exercising.

Akane is most often found wearing a simple tee shirt or tank top and skinny jeans. She usually avoids skirts, but can be found wearing them on occasion. She carries a backpack with her to hold all of the gear she acquires on her journey, including empty pokeballs, potions, and TM's. She clips all pokeballs containing her active pokemon onto a belt around her waist.

Roleplay Sample: Akane sat up in her bed. Light streamed in through the window next to her. Taking a deep breath of early morning air, she threw back her comforter and swung her legs over the side of the bed. Padding across her bedroom with her bare feet, she opened the door to her closet and flipped the light switch on.

Milling briefly through her racks of clothing, she picked out her karate gi. It's bright white surface was pristinely clean. She quickly changed out of her pink pj's and into the comfortable training outfit. Akane was soon down the stairs and into her living room as she began to slide the furniture in it up against the walls.

After she was satisfied that she had enough space for her purposes, she sat herself cross-legged onto the ground, and began to preform a series of warm-up stretches to get her body loose. Rolling her shoulders one last time to get rid of any muscle tensity, she stood up and set herself in a starting stance. Her sensei wanted her to train as often as she could, so she had started to drill herself in the early mornings to improve her muscle memory.

She began with the different forms of defense, working her arms as quickly and precisely as possible. There was something about martial arts that made Akane incredibly calm. She really got into the flow of the fighting styles. Gradually, she began to add punches and kicks into her exercise, allowing her body to take over for her. It was when she closed her eyes that the dance began to get away from her.

The next kick she unleashed made contact with something, and with a loud "Crack!" her left leg went through the wall. Her eyes bolted wide open when she heard the noise, and she blushed awkwardly.

"Akane? What was that?" Her mother called from the kitchen. "Are you hurt?"

"Yes I'm fine, just bumped into something!" She lied. Hurriedly, Akane pushed the furniture back into their correct places, except for a large armchair which she shoved in front of the gaping hole in the wall. "I guess training is over for today." She said to herself as she exited the living room.

Akane's mother, Mrs. Kojima, came rushing around the corner as Akane made her way to the kitchen.

"Are you sure you don't-"

"I'm fine mom." Akane waved her off and sat down at the kitchen table. Her mother looked Akane up and down for injury, then centered her gaze on a large, purple bruise on her leg.

"Oh my! I-I think you need an ice pack for that."

Akane looked down at her leg and rolled her eyes. "It's not even bleeding mom." She whined

"I am serious young lady! You need to-" Thankfully, her mother was cut off by the ringing of the phone. Mrs. Kojima picked it up off the counter.

"This is the Kojima residence." Akane could here the faint sound of someone talking on the other end.

"Yes, she is right here." Her mother moved the phone from her ear. "A lady named Hazel Jacobi wants to speak with you. Do you know who that is?"

Akane's eyes brightened at the sound of the woman's name.

"She's the one sending trainers to the Apollo region!" Akane said excitedly. "It's been all over the news!" Her mother handed her the phone.

"Hello?" Akane spoke into the speaker.

"Akane? This is Professor Jacobi. How would you like to come with my group to the Apollo region?"

"Oh my gosh.. Yes. Absolutely yes! I'm honored but, how did you find me?"
"Professor Oak, you know from Pallet Town? He recommended you to me. He told me... how did he put it? That you had a fighting spirit. I'm so glad your interested!"

Why would I not take an opportunity to get out of Kanto and explore a new region? Akane thought to herself. "When do I need to leave?"

"The boat to Apollo sets sail in 3 days. Just enough time for you to get prepared. I will warn you that it can get pretty rough out there though."

"What about pokemon?"

"I will be providing each trainer with a pokemon and a bag of gear to get started. All currently owned pokemon will need to be left behind at a PC to keep everything even. I will smooth out the details when you arrive at my lab."

"Oh-Ok! I can't wait!"

"Good! I look forward to meeting you in person" Then she hung up.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
I'm working on my post and this question popped up in my head again how exactly do Sols work? I get that they have associated gods that probably relate to the effect they have on people, but it is something obvious and unobjectionable, something subtle and possibly nonexistent or somewhere in between?

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
I'm working on my post and this question popped up in my head again how exactly do Sols work? I get that they have associated gods that probably relate to the effect they have on people, but it is something obvious and unobjectionable, something subtle and possibly nonexistent or somewhere in between?

Yah I was wondering the same thing. Like I looked up all of the different name's meanings, and some meant things like luck or hatred or prosperity. But how do they apply in action?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
PONYSAUR ACCEPTED!! you can get your butt on posting now.

darkmoonphase unfortunately, you've got a bit to go. following up what i said before in the PMs, your roleplay sample is looking nicer this time, though try not to make it too dramatic i spose. my main worry is your appearance at this stage. its rather bland and doesnt really help create a sense of age or body, despite the picture (because when i try to visualise people in roleplay, they are usually real people). gonna have to say no on the red eyes though, unless for some weird reason she wears contacts?? i know you said you were using your 3ds for this, but if you want to do this properly, id suggest heading over to a pc sometime in the near future to neaten it up.

oh! spacing and spelling were a thing too, but they can be fixed with time.

Yah I was wondering the same thing. Like I looked up all of the different name's meanings, and some meant things like luck or hatred or prosperity. But how do they apply in action?

not much is known by the people outside of apollo what the Sols can do, only that in olden times in combination of the right Sols with the right people, could enhance how they lived their life. since atm your only contacts have been offshore dwellers, why don't you ask a merchant when you get off the boat? or a random guy??? they could help ;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
yep sure that's fine! whats the word limit max on 3DS anyway? won't it be hard in the future if you want to joint post or write a long post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back