• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Out of the shadows, a long sought after shiny emerges

S5030700.jpg

After 74 days, countless SR's, and one SR'd over shiny, this finally appeared to me tonight :D. I was in total shock when I saw it on the screen, I didn't believe it was real until I saw the sparkles. I jumped up where I was sitting and was shouting yes while dancing around my room.
My strategy was to use Spore and put it to sleep, then use Foresight on the next turn, so my Super Fang would hit it. I used it(Super Fang) twice before Giratina woke up and proceeded to faint my Smeargle.

Switched to Bibarel and used Yawn, so I could put it back to sleep. I used a Max Revive on Smeargle, and started throwing Dusk Balls(which failed each time). The battle was quite long, Giratina fainting all of my Pokemon except my Luxray, so I threw my Masterball. Shiny Giratina has a Timid nature, so my synchronizing Ralts worked :D.

Battle:
Shinydex
Nickname screen

Shiny Giratina, in its Origin form(as I was still in the Torn World):
Shiny Giratina, Storm, 46362
Timid nature
Stats

Now its onwards to beating the Pokemon League and SRing for my own shiny Darkrai. Congrats to new shinies everyone ^_^.

EDIT: And yes, my fingers were kept away from the buttons this time :P.

Last edited:
Years
Whoops, I did it again. Thankfully, I found a new shiny, and here I am:

39-EeveeL18b.jpg

If you're wondering what I've been doing all this time, please check out http://osu.ppy.sh/, but please don't let it eat all of your time, like it did me!

Now, I'm in for the long task of reading up on all of the posts I've missed. =.=;

Good luck to all, and it's great to see an Origin Giratina enter our hordes.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
The legend returns. Good to see your back MM. Any updates for the cards?? No shinies for me yet but it looks like a lot of shinies today. Giratina, Uxie, Eevee congrats guys.

Years
Augh, not the cards! :surprised: Well, definitely not at 3AM. I'll see what kind of energy I have later in the week.

Transit strike in effect, so it's not like I have anything better to do. Except play osu! ^,^

BG pokemon freak

Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY
Years
:) hello everybody.
I know I havent't posted ... in a long while ... but I just waited for MM to show up. :) but I HAVE been readnig the posts almost everyday. I have nothing new.
But MM, congratulations on the Eevee ;)
what are you gonna do with it ? a Leafeon or ?

.Vaporeon

eshkient
Years
Hey all,

I'm going to buy Pokemon Pearl and soft reset for the legends. Will somebody be able to help me? I've never Soft reseted for Legendary pokemon before. If you're willing to help, please drop me a vistor message. There is Regigigas still left to be caught on my Diamond but I'm having trouble with it, the Iv's are always the same aswell as the Nature. Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

-Neku Sakuraba

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
wow it seems that the old school is back!
heard great things about this club in their best times...
hey MM sorry for copying the cards ^^"
made my own now... can u gimme some tips to make it better? :P

Years
Augh, not the cards! :surprised: Well, definitely not at 3AM. I'll see what kind of energy I have later in the week.

Transit strike in effect, so it's not like I have anything better to do. Except play osu! ^,^
YAY! YOU'RE BACK! Nao stay back! :P
:) hello everybody.
I know I havent't posted ... in a long while ... but I just waited for MM to show up. :) but I HAVE been readnig the posts almost everyday. I have nothing new.
But MM, congratulations on the Eevee ;)
what are you gonna do with it ? a Leafeon or ?
You haven't posted in a while, but... Any new shinies?
Hey all,

I'm going to buy Pokemon Pearl and soft reset for the legends. Will somebody be able to help me? I've never Soft reseted for Legendary pokemon before. If you're willing to help, please drop me a vistor message. There is Regigigas still left to be caught on my Diamond but I'm having trouble with it, the Iv's are always the same aswell as the Nature. Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

-Neku Sakuraba
That's odd... It's just something wrong then, because it shouldn't be like that.
wow it seems that the old school is back!
heard great things about this club in their best times...
hey MM sorry for copying the cards ^^"
made my own now... can u gimme some tips to make it better? :P
I think your current style is fine.
It's your own, no need to make it similar to any other type
UNIQUENESS

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
heey... I got my frist chained shiny!!! got the shiny tauros on the 21st chain...
almost didn't noticed the shiny patch... as it's my frist one :P
I was thinking it was a rare patch hehehe...
here the picture...
0taurosyq1.jpg

thanks to DDD for his guide!!!
it totaly helped me!!! now I'll try a smeargle :P
I aways liked it... :D
hey anyone knows like how long it takes to make those 40 chains???
I think it's verry cool to have such high hanks on the pokétech app :P

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I'm still feeling very under the weather so I'm gonna make this quick...

i already SRed from darkrai ages ago, because when i downloaded the PKTOPIA events i got the members card with electivire, so i could SR for him. took ages, but i got it!! ^^

also finally hatched a shiny ghastly when IV breeding ^__^ thats all

Yeah... Don't think I'm gonna let this fly under the radar. Member's Card has only been released for Platinum users over Wifi to get Darkrai. PBR Electivire comes with Magnet attached.....

So......................

hey what's up everyone!!!!
it finaly came!!! I made about 4100 resets for the shiny uxie...
I was putting a beattles music to play (Yesterday) and then when I look down, BAM! a shiny uxie looking at me!!! haha!
caought it listening to yesterday and nicknamed it JohnLennon as a tribute :P
here the picture!!!
That Uxie thar
heey Mence Master I don't think I'm gonna need 12000 resets! :P
looks like santa came earlier this year!!
:D

Congratulations are in order I suppose..

That Smooth Shiny Giratina capture

Congratulations, finally. Now, what's next? lol

Whoops, I did it again. Thankfully, I found a new shiny, and here I am:

Shiny Eeeeeveeee

If you're wondering what I've been doing all this time, please check out http://osu.ppy.sh/, but please don't let it eat all of your time, like it did me!

Now, I'm in for the long task of reading up on all of the posts I've missed. =.=;

Good luck to all, and it's great to see an Origin Giratina enter our hordes.

I'm glad to see you've finally decided to pop in. :) All those pages? Yeah. Good luck. There's no telling what you'll find.

I've heard about that game. I haven't tried it though.

heey... I got my frist chained shiny!!! got the shiny tauros on the 21st chain...
almost didn't noticed the shiny patch... as it's my frist one :P
I was thinking it was a rare patch hehehe...
here the picture...Shiny Tauros
thanks to DDD for his guide!!!
it totaly helped me!!! now I'll try a smeargle :P
I aways liked it... :D
hey anyone knows like how long it takes to make those 40 chains???
I think it's verry cool to have such high hanks on the pokétech app :P

Well shucks lol thanks I'm glad it's really helping.

How long does it take to get to 40? Depends on how careful you are, how patient you are, and how lucky you are. As with Pikachu I got to 40 in around 25,000 steps (I'm not gonna attempt to pin the exact steps down right now..), but some others have taken 60,000 steps. If you're chaining a rarer Pokemon I'd suggest being much more careful in what grasses you decide to go to.

Uh.... that is all. I feel like crap.

Congratulations and good luck everyone, and welcome back MM.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Well DDD, I am currently making my way through Platinum, so I can start SRing for a shiny Darkrai. I need to beat the League first, get the National Dex and release Cresselia.

Thank you all for the congrats guys, I'm totally happy with this shiny Giratina *hugs* I'm SRing for shiny Regigigas in Pearl as well, nothing yet though. I am also working on my third gen shiny targets, Latios mainly. I need Latios to complete the shiny Lati Twins, then I'll move on towards Regirock and finishing that shiny trio.

Congrats to new shinies everyone. Nice to see you again MM ^-^.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
I've been resetting for Registeel for a little over a week on Emerald, so I'm getting bored. I've switched to Regice hoping that it might shine today.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
Well shucks lol thanks I'm glad it's really helping.

How long does it take to get to 40? Depends on how careful you are, how patient you are, and how lucky you are. As with Pikachu I got to 40 in around 25,000 steps (I'm not gonna attempt to pin the exact steps down right now..), but some others have taken 60,000 steps. If you're chaining a rarer Pokemon I'd suggest being much more careful in what grasses you decide to go to.
yea I'll be more carefull... I see that the tauros almost passed away... so I'd better practice more to see what's rare and what's shiny grass...
oh yea and I got one question for u DDD... yesterday I was chaining for the smeargle as usual... then I got a grass that broke my chain... when the battle came I was impressed cause what came was a smeargle as well...
so, y my chain was broken??? Oo

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
yea I'll be more carefull... I see that the tauros almost passed away... so I'd better practice more to see what's rare and what's shiny grass...
oh yea and I got one question for u DDD... yesterday I was chaining for the smeargle as usual... then I got a grass that broke my chain... when the battle came I was impressed cause what came was a smeargle as well...
so, y my chain was broken??? Oo

Sometimes it can be very weird. I can't explain it. It's happened to me and a lot of other people who have chained for quite some time.

It happened to me twice on the same day on the "same" chain. It was with Krabby. I chained and should've had 40 but I looked at the PokeRadar app and it said I only had 31 or so, but I knew otherwise. So I chained til I thought I had 40 again, and checked the app again... It said I had 2. The music never faded and I never found anything but Krabby. Extremely weird.

I've tried chaining Smeargle before. On my first try I breezed to 39. By far the quickest I have ever chained a Pokemon before. But then the chain broke.
I've never been able to get back to a 40 chain with Smeargle. It's hard to chain. It just depends on how lucky you are.

I can't really decipher what happened to you without further details, except for the fact of what happened to me before with Krabby. Some things just can't be explained.

But another thing to look at is how sometimes chains break after you enter shiny grass. I suspect it's possible that the same kind of thing happened here. It just depends on how much grass is around you because that's another factor in getting the Radar to re-activate which is another reason why we do not enter grass patches at the edge.

If you notice in my video the first "perfect" grass I enter. After I exit that battle, only a single grass patch shakes. It could've been more, or it could've been none at all, breaking the chain.
I've also had only a single grass patch activate right in the middle of the field.

It all just boils down to luck. And in your case, unfortunately you were unlucky. But keep trying.

Years
stormuz3.gif

Congrats Storm!
But why would you go after 2 Dialga and 3 Giratina (Although Platinum & Origin Form Shinies are worth it)

Going after Regice a lot and will be doing the all day dual hunt on Sunday probably, and an all nighter the night BEFORE X-Mas Eve, and a late nighter on X-Mas Eve

EDIT: And a 2 shiny Charmanders? WTF?!
lol
And how did you get a shiny Latias?

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Congrats again on Giratina S_D! Oh and Mateus on Uxie too! Welcome back MM as well. Hope you post more often :) Nothing new to report here. Snorlax refuses to shine still. I gotta remember to SR for Rotom tonight too.

Oh and to get Lati@s shiny you need the eon ticket to SR on southern island. That's how I got the pair, and pretty much anyone else with them shiny too.

Good luck everyone on their hunts!

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
stormuz3.gif

Congrats Storm!
But why would you go after 2 Dialga and 3 Giratina (Although Platinum & Origin Form Shinies are worth it)

Going after Regice a lot and will be doing the all day dual hunt on Sunday probably, and an all nighter the night BEFORE X-Mas Eve, and a late nighter on X-Mas Eve

EDIT: And a 2 shiny Charmanders? WTF?!
lol
And how did you get a shiny Latias?

I like to get shinies, and I like both Giratina and Dialga shiny forms enough to get more than one shiny. I wanted to get another shiny Charmander, because my first shiny one will stay a Charmander and I wanted a shiny Charizard.

I got shiny Latias by the Eon ticket and an E-Reader, from a friend on another forum(who doesn't play Pokemon anymore), so its thanks to him that I can SR for a legit shiny Latias/Latios.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I managed to beat the Pokemon League yesterday night. Instead of SRing for shiny Darkrai right away, I decided to chain for a few targets. I'm working on a Swinub chain right now, my highest chain was 39 before it broke to a patch that was supposed to be "perfect". My chain is now around 18 or so, not used to chaining that much anymore, haven't done it in months, lol.

Congrats to new shinies everyone ^-^.

Years
Gonna do some crazy soft resetting this weekend, with constant dual SRing, an all dayer on Sunday, and maybe another one over my break, and then an all nighter with either single or dual SRing maybe once or twice.

Years
Bad news, guys.

The guys disassembling the program have verified that it's 100% impossible to soft reset for any of the Mystery Gift Pokémon (ie. you get them from the green man directly) as shinies. The games are rigged to never give out shinies from there, unless they're predetermined to be shiny, like the WCS Milotic. This means:

• The only legitimate ways to own a shiny Darkrai or Shaymin are through either the Japanese Elite Four Glitch or through Platinum, where Oak's Letter and the Member Pass are being given out over wi-fi.
  • Most 4th-gen events, including Gamestp Deoxys, stuff from PBR, Festa, may not be shiny.

SRing a shiny Manaphy is possible, but is somewhat complicated. They also tried (and did so very aggressively) to prevent Manaphy from being shiny. Like the others, a shiny PV is thrown out if calculated, meaning it cannot be shiny under normal circumstances. However, if you trade it to another game, the set of PVs which yield shinies, as we know, changes, so the egg's PV might now yield a shiny. They tried to shut down this trick, as well, but they messed up. They tried to replace your shiny Manaphy with a new, non-shiny one right as it hatched, but they messed up and checked the OT of the Egg rather than the ID of the trainer who hatched it, so we can, indeed, get shiny Manaphy. Putting it all together, here's how it has to work:

1. Take the Manaphy egg from the green man.
  2. Have a new, restartable D/P game handy.
  3. Trade the egg to this game. Save the game right away.
  4. Prehatch the egg, ensuring you don't save during the process. (Saving will waste precious steps, and you'll need all the steps you can get if you want to be able to perform lots of SRs.)
  5. If the Manaphy is not shiny, SR your game and trade the egg back to the first game. (IMPORTANT! Manaphy will NOT appear as shiny on the egg hatch animation. You must check its stats screen afterward.)
  6. Delete the savefile on your second game, begin a new adventure, and repeat the process as soon as possible.
  7. Warning: The use of external devices to discover the hidden ID of your new savefiles (and speed up the process, avoiding the lengthy hatching process), or to fix them to make sure the egg is a shiny will constitute cheating, and will exempt your Manaphy from qualifying as legitimate. Roll of the dice--remember that.

So now, onto my Eevee. I only caught one of them. My chain was at 11 when the shiny patch appeared. The chain broke at 22 on an ideal arrangement. I am most definitely evolving him to Espeon. I might go back for an Umbreon later.

Now then, I have two boxes of Chikoritas to ID and release. I'm sure I have a new female Incredibreeder amongst the last few. Remembering that I release all but the best few Chikos on the fly, each one corresponds to about 20 bred, so this is closer to 40 boxes worth in that regard.

Back