• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2011
To all those vets that help the newbies like me I wish to say thank you. While I can see the need for people to learn new things (i.e. rnging, hack checks and i.v. calculation some of that I am unable to do.) However a real big thank you goes out to twilightblade for teaching me how to do my own hack checks and the sites to go to for i.v. calculators so again thank you all.

Years
Get coffinmon without the green background or something.

So anyway, the other day I traded my friend this Shiny Lotad egg, and it hatched shiny in his game, but everywhere else it wasn't shiny.

Any reason why?

That kinda happened to me too, I was given a shiny egg and it hatched into a normal poke. I swore I heard somewhere that once its traded, the statistics that determine shininess are reset, but I don't know. :/

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Public executions drastically cuts the crime rate

My good sir, you do not manage things here and cannot publically call someone out (that goes for everyone)... I know you know your stuff, duh, you legal.exe check. But staff members handle such things as, "remove your hacks, etc". Send a report.

To all those vets that help the newbies like me I wish to say thank you. While I can see the need for people to learn new things (i.e. rnging, hack checks and i.v. calculation some of that I am unable to do.) However a real big thank you goes out to twilightblade for teaching me how to do my own hack checks and the sites to go to for i.v. calculators so again thank you all.
Hooray. \o/
Though I don't offer legal.exe checking tutoring, but always RNG tutoring and spot checking. No matter how long it takes. :)

TB got my IV breeding stuff up and running. =3
Anyhoo, now that I'm going overtime with EV training, I'm short on TMs again. >.<
Griff dear, every time I see your signature and read My Backloggery, I think of my life, my to-do list, my pending trades and pending EVs. XD

COFFINMON !

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023

That kinda happened to me too, I was given a shiny egg and it hatched into a normal poke. I swore I heard somewhere that once its traded, the statistics that determine shininess are reset, but I don't know. :/

Question regarding that:
Was this pokemon RNG'd?

If it was you have to be the one to hatch it in order for it to remain shiny. Otherwise, since the SID used isn't the same as the one hatching, the receiver of the egg won't get a shiny beyond the hatching. However, if you knew their SID and RNG'd using THAT, they'd get a shiny.

I know this from experience... Not the second half... That I learned later on.
I bred someone a shiny through RNG... they wanted to be the one to hatch it... I sent it to the... middle man, perse, and we did a mock hatch. When it hatched it said it was shiny, but beyond that it was normal. Sent it back to my game, mock hatched it, it was shiny.

If that's not it, disregard this babble.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
Years
  • Age 113
  • Seen Nov 5, 2014
My good sir, you do not manage things here and cannot publically call someone out (that goes for everyone)... I know you know your stuff, duh, you legal.exe check. But staff members handle such things as, "remove your hacks, etc". Send a report.

I liked your original post more.

Also, staff doesn't handle anything, as this place still sucks. Sorry, but just cause you're a mod, that doesn't make you a god.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Ugh, speaking of the backloggery, most of the DS games I have yet to complete, I can't finish anymore. Blaaarrrgh, they'll have to stay incomplete.

Once the semester's over for the both of us, mind re-teaching me how to RNG? >.>
Oh, and is that white spot in Bellossom's shadow supposed to be there?

Beelzenef

Luffy
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 2, 2011
Beelzenef gave me this AMAZING JOLTEON, I am considering whitelisting him, but I have too many whitelisted anyways. :)

You should it'd be smexy.

I'm thinking about putting TwilightBlade on my white list and I probably should do it anyways as I have no white list to begin with.

joshk_bra

EV trains like a boss.
Years

For an egg to hatch shiny in your game, it needs to have your ID/SID. If it doesnt, it hatches shiny but when you look at it it wont be D:

Detox

Nature: Timid
IV's: 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Egg Moves: Encore

And I taught it Fire Punch and Ice Punch via tutor. For the Emerald Battle Pike since Lucy is a fag.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Spr_3f_065.png

And I taught it Fire Punch and Ice Punch via tutor. For the Emerald Battle Pike since Lucy is a beast.

and something i wanna know,
is rnging in emerald easier than 4th gen?

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
Years
  • Age 113
  • Seen Nov 5, 2014
Spr_3f_065.png

And I taught it Fire Punch and Ice Punch via tutor. For the Emerald Battle Pike since Lucy is a fag.

Breed me a Blissey and she'll start enjoying the opposite sex.

Detox

DO YOU NOT GET THE GIST OF THE FACT THAT I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO 3RD GEN BLISSEY SO GOD DAMMMIT STOP ASKING ME FOR ONE.

That is all.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
Years
  • Age 113
  • Seen Nov 5, 2014
DO YOU NOT GET THE GIST OF THE FACT THAT I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO 3RD GEN BLISSEY SO GOD DAMMMIT STOP ASKING ME FOR ONE.

That is all.

[no homo]Oh Syndrome, you know I love you.[/no homo]

Detox

IVs: 0, 1 / 6, 7 / 0, 1 / 3, 4 / 0, 1 / 9

BlaQk requested it so I did it in Emerald.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I could RNG abuse in emerald if I wanted to, if I had Emerald, and something that's not a DSi.

So I tried breeding Natu, but it had Early Bird. Also I revamped my thread so the css isn't retarded.

Detox

I guess I will make another thread whenever blaQk makes my CSS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back