• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
You're implying that Gamefreak would only add a Pokemon type to counter current ones, rather than just spicing up the metagame or allowing for different kinds of Pokemon to be designed. This is kind of like saying that the Flying-type is only necessary and was only added to the games to counter Bug and Ground-types.

When did I say that ? I said that when people say that a 'Light' type is possible, they cite the reason that 'Dark' type needs an Opposite. What i said was, There is No special reason for a 'light' type to exist. It's just as possible as a 'glass' type or a 'Digital' type.

Also, if they Do make a Light type and it signifies kindness, then how can it have any Offensive moves ? Wouldn't it defeat the whole Idea ?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm it's a little off the current topic, but it's something I was just thinking about. Given that there's two days until CoroCoro's real release, I kind of doubt we'll hear anything more other than this Eeveelution this month, actually. I expected it to be like a slow leak but there isn't anything yet today which makes me a little curious about this. Maybe we won't get any more major information til next month? Might put it more on-par with B/W's release, at least. ;(

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Eh, there really isn't much scans leaked other than a Rumble game for the Wii U and the official declaration of the new pokemon movie. There's two more days for chances for more leaks to be released about new pokemon, in which I'm betting that we'll probably get it on the 15th.

Is it likely? Maybe, maybe not.

I'm still hoping for the official art of the protagonist to be released, along with more cities and pokemon.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I also believe we're done for the month. I don't remember the last time Coro Coro revealed just one random pokemon. But if there were more, we would have had atleast something. Oh well, lets see.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Is it sad that I didn't know that there was an actual Pokemon movie coming out until like yesterday? u___u;; I really should do some more research on that.

For me, I feel like all I really needed to see from the protagonist was some gist of what their OW sprites were like, so now that's over and done with, I'm honestly waiting for the region itself and the landmarks and things of that nature. I admit that I'm really ignorant(it takes a strong person to admit their ignorance on a topic) as far as European culture is concerned, so I really don't know what to expect in these games, as far as prominent landmarks and whatnot are concerned.

For example, we've seen that one screenshot. Y'know, with the giant castle and that golurk-looking statute. Are we going to see more buildings similar to those, or would that just be a historical landmark that was somehow put into the games? Either way, the buildings seem pretty interesting(from what we've seen, anyway), and I can't wait to see more of the region. That's pretty much number one on my list, aside from the new Pokemon, that is.

Another thing that I want to see in the next edition is our new rodent/bird Pokemon. I'm actually surprised that they haven't come out with them just yet, but yeah, that'd be nice. XD
If its Paris, they should have a lot of landmarks. The Lourve for one, is the one thing I'm most excited about, I mean a glass pyramid structure is a perfect fit for Pokemon, and I wouldn't mind if they use it for a gym or something.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Come on guys, there will NOT be a new type!

Dark-types and Steel-types were only introduced to balance the games because of how insanely powerful Psychic-types were and balance was needed among the original 15.

Think about it. If Light-type is introduced they'll have to assess 559 moves and 649 Pokemon to accomodate previous attacks becoming Light-type (Flash, etc.) and dual-typing Pokemon like they did with Magnemite and Magneton.

Not gonna happen. If we haven't gotten it by now, we won't ever. AND in the short amount of time between Gen V and Gen VI? I'm well aware that they develop things way in advance (Gastrodon originally being in Gen III) but it's not going to happen. We have 17 types right now, we don't need anymore. Besides, introducing a Light-type would mess up the metagame SO much u_u;;

Also, I don't want this to be female exclusive. I like having females of all my Eeveelutions, I don't want one to have a 100% male ratio.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Come on guys, there will NOT be a new type!

Dark-types and Steel-types were only introduced to balance the games because of how insanely powerful Psychic-types were and balance was needed among the original 15.

Think about it. If Light-type is introduced they'll have to assess 559 moves and 649 Pokemon to accomodate previous attacks becoming Light-type (Flash, etc.) and dual-typing Pokemon like they did with Magnemite and Magneton.

Not gonna happen. If we haven't gotten it by now, we won't ever. AND in the short amount of time between Gen V and Gen VI? I'm well aware that they develop things way in advance (Gastrodon originally being in Gen III) but it's not going to happen. We have 17 types right now, we don't need anymore. Besides, introducing a Light-type would mess up the metagame SO much u_u;;

Also, I don't want this to be female exclusive. I like having females of all my Eeveelutions, I don't want one to have a 100% male ratio.

It's always the same argument, "Gamefreak only does things to counter other things, they won't add a new type, blah blah blah". Has it ever occurred to anybody that just maybe Gamefreak does things to spice things up? I mean, they aren't "balancing" ANYTHING by switching to 3D, but nobody seemed to question that at all, right?

Gamefreak revises all their stuff anyway. Has nobody even noticed that between generations (especially Gen V) moves often get changes or PP/accuracy/base power boosts? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Gamefreak purposefully went through the trouble of allowing more status moves to be reflected my Magic Bounce (or whatever it's called) as well, and that's just one example.

If people who take the metagame very seriously do get bugged by this stuff, guess what: nobody is stopping anybody from playing the Gen V metagame! Seriously, there are simulators out there that can do Gen II, people. My message to the metagame, if they really care about this so much (myself, as somebody who very recently started competitive battling again after a long hiatus, not to mention somebody who loves in-game battles, would totally love it) is to get with the program. "Messing up" the metagame, as in adding more twists and ideas, would be a great thing! Things get very, very stale in the video gaming world, when they aren't revolutionized. We would still be playing Gen-I-quality games if Gamefreak never bothered to change anything.

I would love to have a new type, but the purpose of this post is not to really start an argument or defend one. I'm not sure if it sounds like it, but I'm not trying to defend a new type or propose it or whatever, but I'm discussing why those aren't really valid points. Consider me playing devil's advocate, or whatever. Rather, I just want to take the time to say that if you have a closed mind (talking to people in general here) about something you have no control over, (unless suddenly everybody here started working on Gamefreak, and I was not informed) you just end up ignoring what could be potentially exciting possibilities. Nobody has the right to just shut down speculation, or reversely declare speculation as fact.

I hope this doesn't sound too weird! Basically, in summary while I would love a new type, I don't believe or disbelieve that there will be a new type. Rather, I want to state that anything is possible!

And I apologize if it seemed like I was directly attacking your post; I just sort of wanted to rebut it and use it as a platform for my own opinion. (Which isn't even very concrete...)

On the subject of Ninfia actually being a new type (because I noticed this has begun to go off-topic...) I honestly don't know, and I don't really care. If it'd be pure Flying type, that'd be cool, but its typing is not my primary concern. What I will say is that I hope it isn't dual-typed.
I hope CoroCoro has more information to give us; one new Pokemon and some other information I don't particularly care for doesn't satisfy me. I want to see more Pokemon! I don't care too much for anything else, unless Gamefreak really begins to break the mold and reveal a lot of new, more unique information (another "this game will have eight boring gyms" and I'll be really disappointed).

Last edited:

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Oh honestly. Every 5 minutes this discussion pops up. I could have swore there was already a topic for crazed Light fans to scream about how the type is absolutely definitely going to happen this generation, does it need to infect so many other threads? I hate to be rude but it is incredibly tiresome to see the same people saying the same things over and over again.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Oh honestly. Every 5 minutes this discussion pops up. I could have swore there was already a topic for crazed Light fans to scream about how the type is absolutely definitely going to happen this generation, does it need to infect so many other threads? I hate to be rude but it is incredibly tiresome to see the same people saying the same things over and over again.

Yeah. And the same thing for people who just go around and shut those ideas down. Like I've said, I'd love a new type, but I don't really believe/disbelieve the introduction of a new type at this point, nor do I lean towards either argument. It's just way too early to tell at this point! Ninfia does look a little weird, but I can most definitely see it being one of the remaining 10 possibilities, as opposed to some new type.

Oh, and I wanted to mention, does anybody remember the animated trailer for B2/W2? I'd really love something like that for X and Y; that way, we get a lot of information in terms of setting, story, and mood. (Sort of, at least, in my opinion!) Whereas CoroCoro always seems (again, in my opinion) to leak out the most boring information possible. Not even any interesting gameplay information, or anything. We get new Pokemon, which is cool, but that's about it (and even then, we barely get any information about those Pokemon).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Right thus far we only know the most things about the starters in their basic forms, the other three new pokemon we only know their height and weight, and that one of them (Ninfia) is an evolution of Eevee.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Pyramids should be interesting to see! o: I understand that Pyramid-like structures probably aren't the most European(I think? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong), but I'd like to see more structures like that. n_n

Hopefully next issue's of Corocoro will show more landscapes?
Or at least from the new Nintendo Direct video?

Pyramids would be awesome tbh~

Years
Well the building in the trailer sort of reminded me of the Louvre so maybe it's pyramid (it doesn't have an actual name that I know of) will appear too.
Hopefully next issue will show us some scans of the region, and more of the buildings we saw in the trailer.

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Pyramids should be interesting to see! o: I understand that Pyramid-like structures probably aren't the most European(I think? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong), but I'd like to see more structures like that. n_n
Not pyramids, but pyramid. Have you ever seen the Louvre?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musée_du_Louvre
Even that could be the potential palace instead of the one at Versailles, thanks to the intricate architecture. But yeah, I really want the Nintendo Direct to drop a region name, or at least a region map. Its the one thing that I really want, and it would spark my interest for XY like no other.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Also guys, what do you think CoroCoro might show as far as new Battle Frontier structures? It seems that some of us have been let down in B/W by the Battle Subway, and then there was a huge improvement in B2W2 in the addition of the Pokemon World Tournament, but what kind of mass battling kind of thingy(lol what a weird way to describe it) would you like to see? Discuss away!

Hm, maybe. If the next issue doesn't show any new gyms, maybe the next issue will show more and new battle buildings. Perhaps something like those Battle Clubs from the pokemon anime. But yeah, I'd love it if next issue, they show potential battle frontier buildings.

When exactly is the next issue, by the way? I've heard that it was next month, but...

Years
A return of the battle building in HgSs near Blue's gym will be nice, it could take advantage of the 3DS' streetpass feature.

I don't think Corocoro will show the battle frontier if their's one unless if it's only a small piece like with PWT which showed the small shops and the flags which left some of us guessing what it could possibly be.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Bring back the Battle Subway, and kill Fly. I found it extremely inane to not only have a Subway system, but a subway system with multiple stops, exist in a game with a much stagnated quick travel. It wouldn't even need to break the game, and could easily explained by having you obtain a boarding pass circa gym 4, with stations in the next cities unreachable due to access barred by gym badges. I understand the battle subway is for fighting, but Anville Town's line suggests otherwise.
Give us the frontier from the start, no 3rd version or sequel excuse should exist this time round. Anything those games would offer could easily come in the form of DLC now, so the Battle Frontier being here should happen. Give it a grand revival, with some more substantial rewards, and perhaps even a more complete feel to it. Have the PWT a facility, but with unlockable tournaments that depend on your beaten facilities. Beat them all? Well here, have a Battle Brain Tournament, complete with all the hax in the world!

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
So, I just saw that new Eevee thing, Ninfia, or whatever. Just, no. And this...thing...is supposed to be cute? First of all, Minccino with it's scarves was bad enough, but now we have a pink...thing...covered in ribbons? Why?

I swear though, if this...thing...means that there is going to be a "Light" type, then...just...no.

Years
I honestly think, at this point, we're probably going to get one scan a month. It sounds super slow, but we have like what, 7-8 more months to go? So yeah, the closer it gets towards release date, the more data we'll get. I'm not surprised that we're really lagging, but it's still early.

Eh. Probably in the middle this year they might show some battle facilities? What I really hope that CoroCoro shows something similar to Gen III's battle frontier. I've said it in the past and I'll say it again: In my own opinion, Gen III had the best battle facilities ever. There was just a lot of variety, and I loved the facility that had your Pokemon battling on their own, based on their nature and whatnot. @_@ I'd love something like that to make a return~

We will...when remakes are made lol. Though it would be nice to have one with more original facilities, Gen IV's didn't seem very original to me, though that might've been cause it was too small and had two out of the five being returning facilities.

I think Ninfia's cute, I like it better than Mincinno whom I like as well.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Looking at Ninfia, I'm gonna say it'll be a Normal/Flying type, instead of being just 1 or the other. There's only 1 pure Flying type Pokemon: Tornadus, which is pretty much the "spirit of the wind". Standard Pokemon are usually judged by the elemental powers first. Since Ninfia doesn't seem to possess elemental features, I think that's a sign of it being Normal. And the ribbons (for the game footage pic in the magazine) apparently move, it might use those to fly.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I think Gamefreak showed with 5th gen that the Battle Frontier itself isn't a staple of the series, but a competitive battling facility is. I personally hope to see something in the spirit of the Frontier, but which isn't a clone of the 3rd gen Frontier. Just because people didn't like the Subway much, doesn't mean they shouldn't keep experimenting.

I want to see a facility with the "face" of the new region. Just cloning the Frontier would be wrong IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back