• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victini

Nah. In the past people thought the bow was Espeon. But if it isn't Espeon then I suppose the purple Kanji would be Espeon, making all the eeveelutions present. Otherwise we're missing an Eeveelution.

Agreed. The Eeveelutions are not technically in number order or any order to begin with considering Eevee is after the first three Eeveelutions rather than in the front where it's supposed to be. So Espeon would very much be that Kanji at the end or else... yeah. What Peaches said. XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It looks like it's a normal type...crosses fingers that it is and that the other one is Ghost type.
Though it could be our much awaited Dragon eeveelution as the colorful part of it's "ribbons" seem to have the red/blue coloration of the Dragon type's label.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
It looks really cute....Must...Draw...NOW!
Man, whenever a new Pokémon is released, I ALWAYS want to draw it.
I think it could be a Fighting, Flying, Dragon (although not much) or a Normal type. It could evolve by trading it while holding a Marvel Scale or Pretty Wing perhaps?

Still, I´m expecting more tomorrow. : D

Years
Holy moly it is so cute. D: Was wondering why I was seeing all this Eeveelution talk on my Twitter feed, haha. This one is definitely one of my favorites yet; looking forward to more info.

Years
1360643370133.png

ss.png

Not sure if this is what you meant, wasn't sure if people were speculating another eeveelution based on the stars.

But I think this covers the relation to the logo?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
HA! I KNEW the Zu represented Espeon!

This new one looks really stupid. Can't imagine I'd ever use it, and it looks like a normal type. Wah, wahhhh...

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Also, just a quick thing, didn't Iwate or Masuda say there was going to be more focus on Pokemon-Trainer relationship? Could it be that this relationship is how Ninfia could evolve?

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
What if it is a bug type? I mean, the symbol on the Japanese logo is a butterfly! I hope, I hope, I hope that there is gonna be a more masculine one. Try to convince me this thing is NOT related to Victini :/ *finger crossed* for a rock, steel, poison, dragon, or ghost.

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
Years
I've always thought the idea of a Normal Eeveelution was completely ridiculous. What would be the point? Eevee itself serves as the Normal type. It seems a waste of a perfectly good opportunity to release, oh, say, a Ghost type. Or Poison. Or Dragon. Heck, ANYTHING else.

That said, Normal was unfortunately the first thing that came to mind when I saw it. It's just so...unreasonably cute. It seems the most logical conclusion, but I'm truly hoping that I'm 100% wrong.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
What if it is a bug type? I mean, the symbol on the Japanese logo is a butterfly! I hope, I hope, I hope that there is gonna be a more masculine one. Try to convince me this thing is NOT related to Victini :/ *finger crossed* for a rock, steel, poison, dragon, or ghost.

Symbol on the Japanese logo is a bow. Like the ones on Ninfia XD.

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
Symbol on the Japanese logo is a bow. Like the ones on Ninfia XD.

Looks like a butterfly to me! And it's eyes look soulless and bug like :P and all of those "ribbons" could be antennae or something...

Also, you can see a couple of 3D battle scenes when you look really closely to the top left of the scan. And, you see one of those ribbon/antennae things next to the heads of Flareon/Umbreon on the left page, making me believe even more it could be a bug type.... (Due to it sparkling)

Edit: on the 3D battle scene, it looks like it may be using a fire move?!

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
I think people might be flipping out a bit too much on the whole Victini resemblance. :x This is just me, but I highly doubt this thing is anywhere even remotely related to Victini whatsoever aside from the eyes. Victini might've been an inspiration for the creation of this Pokemon, who knows really, what went through the minds of GF when they made this?

In any case, I really am stuck on Normal as a possible type here, because usually when you have a Pokemon if another type, there's some sort of distinction on their body that gives it away(of some sort, anyway). This one looks pretty Normal to me, unless they do create a new type.

Look at my post before this^ also, on the battle scenes, it's glittering, and using what looks like a fire move....still think its normal?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
In any case, I really am stuck on Normal as a possible type here, because usually when you have a Pokemon if another type, there's some sort of distinction on their body that gives it away(of some sort, anyway). This one looks pretty Normal to me, unless they do create a new type.

Actually, I'm leaning it to be a Pure Flying type now. I mean, take a look at it's sort of... ribbiony-scarf things. They do remind me of the clothing features that the flying type gym leaders, Skyla and Winona possess.

Spr_RS_Winona.png
SkylaBWsprite.png

Maybe that's something?

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
Just to be clear, it could be of Normal type and still capable of using Fire-type moves.

Well yeah, sure, but that's kinda weird to show it in an Announcment, unless its not a fire move, even though it has flames...I hope it's not flying, they completely messed it up if its flying. My best bet is that it's either a normal or bug. Wait...It's name is Ninfeon? Doesn't that lean towards fighting?

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
If it were flying type, how in the world would it evolve? Flight stone? Normal seems too... normal, gamefreak (hopefully) would never do that to us. I'm guessing at either a new type, which would be nice, or something like psychic. Unfortunately, we already have that as espeon, but it doesn't seem to fit much else other than flying, normal or something of the sort...
Fires seems logical ish, seeing as there is a resemblance to victini. Bow suggests otherwise though. Seems normal, despite my hope that it isn't.
Also, it doesn't look like a bug. I think. The bows? Seem more normal-like than butterfly-bug type. And to be honest, the two things that could be antennea seem to relate to flying more than bug as the person somewhere above said, as it does seem to resemble the flying type gym leaders. Although, flying type would be wierd.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I feel awkward with it being a flying-type and not having wings of any sort, though...

Gyarados, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Gligar, Gliscor, Emolga, Thundurus, Landorus.

All are Pokemon without Winged appendages being part Flying. Gligar, Gliscor, and Emolga have skin like webbing that take the place of wings, but still aren't actual wings. It wouldn't be the first time we've had a wingless Flier.

That said though, I'm shooting Normal. Kinda hope Syddy's Dragon idea is right though cause that would be awesome.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
According to the new scans, the new Genesect movie will be called "Extremespeed Genesect and the Reawakening of Mewtwo." Could Mewtwo have some sort of significance with Pokemon X and Y?

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
I think Ninfia will be either a Normal, Flying or completely new type (Friendship type? Idk)
But it is really adorable, I hope they release more pokemon this corocoro.

fluffydukki

Time-killer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 30, 2015
Not sure if it's been said yet, but I've seen a lot of people elsewhere saying the in-game screenshot looks like it's using a fire move or something.

To me, though, it looks more like the new evolution animation, or rather, the end of the animation showing your newly evolved Ninfia. What does everyone else think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back