• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Slightly Modified Emerald

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years

Andrut's Slightly Modified EMERALD
This is an attempt at a journey through the Hoenn region with a custom (not listed in-game) Pokédex. I want to make the game more balanced, making every Pokémon at least somewhat usable. This way you'll have a big, interesting choice of Pokémon and the gameplay will be more enjoyable. I was making this hack mainly for myself to play, but later decided to share.
Features:
▌ Physical/special split
▌ A whole new dex of a currently undecided number of Pokémon (likely around 200) from the first five generations. Stat totals + listing will be available in a document.
▌ New movesets, abilities and stats.
▌ More balanced stat totals.
▌ A bit more difficult, not much though.
▌ New trainer and gym leader rosters, including match call.
▌ Partial de-capitalisation (Pokémon and attack names).
▌ Some new moves, both ones implemented from Gens IV-V (e.g. Shadow Sneak, Aqua Jet, Aura Sphere) and custom moves, such as Mind Eater, a Psychic-type Giga Drain or Pummel, a Dark-type Bullet Seed. Sadly they aren't "added", but they replace moves that otherwise still wouldn't really be very relevant in the game.
▌ No animations, they look messy with custom sprites.
▌ Starters are: Bulbasaur, Chimchar and Totodile.
▌ Some areas such as Granite Cave have different types of habitats: Granite Cave has a more "marine" area in which you can catch Spheal. :3
▌ Reusable TMs.
Some screenshots:
A new gallery is coming soon.
Spoiler:
Releases:
Beta 1 is coming around 15-18 May. It will have 4 or 5 gyms.
Tools used:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
So many modified Emerald hacks out there these days...the more the merrier! Always nice to have multiple edits that are unique from each other, not everyone always wants to play a 386 patch :)

If I ever man up and try my own hack it would be something like this, can't wait to see your beta.

Andrut

Years
Sounds interesting, can't wait for the final version!
Thanks! :3
Good hack.
You can put a icon to the physical/sspecial split, like emerald omega?
I'm thinking about it, but it requires ASM, which I sadly don't know much about. If I figure out how it'll be in later releases.
Good!

Spheal is a Dragon Killer,I don't like him!
Thank you! I hate Spheal too lol
So many modified Emerald hacks out there these days...the more the merrier! Always nice to have multiple edits that are unique from each other, not everyone always wants to play a 386 patch :)

If I ever man up and try my own hack it would be something like this, can't wait to see your beta.
Yeah, I know. I decided to make one in my way, I hope others will enjoy it too!
~
New screenshots!
Spoiler:
I'm moving quite fast, so the Beta 1 will come soon.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Yey!! I've been searching for an Emerald Hack that add/replace new moves to benefit Physical/Special Split, I'm so gonna play this when this comes out.. :D.. while I'm still waiting for Tlachti's Emerald hack.. (am I advertising his hack? O,o) anyways Good Luck and more power to your hack.. and btw, due to the replaced moves wouldn't it affect the battle frontier trainers using moves they can't even learn?

Andrut

Years
Yey!! I've been searching for an Emerald Hack that add/replace new moves to benefit Physical/Special Split, I'm so gonna play this when this comes out.. :D.. while I'm still waiting for Tlachti's Emerald hack.. (am I advertising his hack? O,o) anyways Good Luck and more power to your hack.. and btw, due to the replaced moves wouldn't it affect the battle frontier trainers using moves they can't even learn?
Thank you!
Also no worries, we can now edit the Battle Frontier. When I get to that part, I'm going to edit the movesets. :)

blue

gucci
Years
This is looking good! I like how you've implemented some of the later generation moves too, good luck with this project!

Andrut

Years
Hey,
just wanted to let you know this isn't dead. I've been rather busy lately. The beta is still coming around 15-18 May or maybe a bit later. Meanwhile here are some screenshots showing progress:
Spoiler:

Andrut

Years
Thank you very much for all the compliments!
Sadly, I had an accident. I corrupted my ROM, so I had to start over from an earlier point. :(
The beta will come later, I do regret a bit now that I posted this so early because I still have lots to do. I'm making progress, though.
Will Eevee Evolution be there cuz I Kinda like them
Sorry, but I don't think so. They are difficult to implement as there is a limit of 5 evolutions in the games.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Hey,
just wanted to let you know this isn't dead. I've been rather busy lately. The beta is still coming around 15-18 May or maybe a bit later. Meanwhile here are some screenshots showing progress:
Spoiler:

What's "Hubbub" XD.. that date is already overdue! wahaha.. anyways.. I'm still waiting for this.. :D

Back