• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON ~NEBULA~

which nightmare ponyta looks better on page 6?

• The first one

Votes: 230 74.4%
  • The second one

Votes: 86 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Cool; just put the Hydra Dratini userbar in my sig. But I do agree that they're a tad too dark.

@ darth: You never cease to amaze me. If you can actually manage to take the time to animate all of those sprites, you'd end up making every other fangame spriter here jealous. :P

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
Oh, that goes without saying. If Alex were to release Nebula with fully animated battle sprites of the Fakemon and Pokemon then he'd potentially raise the bar of fangame-standards (Which aren't too high at the moment. Though games using FR/LG or D/P graphics are prefered and everyone seems to want a fangame to including the Pokemon Follow Me feature).

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
well, pokemon asphar (i think) is doing a custom sprite for every single pokemon, two frame animation for it, and battle frames

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2012
If you add the "follow me" thing, could you make it optional? It kinda bugs me sometimes.

Last edited:

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
Years
Im going to go ahead and suggest that there should not be a Follow Me function in this game. I mean it does look cool and all, but I feel like it would be a lot of work for Darth to also make overworlds for all his amazing fakemon and hunt pokemon, and making a Follow Me function could be a waste of time for a unnecessary feature instead of something necessary like mapping or scripting.

Thats just my two cents :)

Death5 Shadow

Apocalyptic Salvation
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
I agree with Snap. The follow me system will just add lag and a lot of extra work to the system.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
i suggest having a shoulder tag-along kind of thing. it only works for first stage pokemon, and you can have it tag along on your shoulder. it would not change the sprite (unless darth doesn't mind making it). and yeah

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2020
I don't think adding a Follow Me system would benefit the game much at this stage. There are already so many new ideas and gameplay mechanics, that adding another one would just take up too much time without adding to the already AWESOME game.

bilkev

The Pokemon™ B/D creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Quite the project but I wait to test the demo!
I hope someday to have a project such as yours!

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
Years
i like those pokemon hunts for rares
do u mind if i use em?

He will appreciate the fact that you asked at least. Some people on these forums like to trade sprites for sprites and stuff like that, so maybe you arrange a trade with him? just a thought...

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
yeh i agree i would think he would say no the idea was made for this game and that and more is what makes this game unique sorry, but y'know he might say yes. but i think it would be better if he said no :/.

~Kian~

Years
Considering the idea was originally used in Final Fantasy XII... Well, take a guess as if you can or not. While yes, it does make the game unique, this fangame is just that, a fangame, and a commercial game used it before this did. That said, it would be common courtesy if you didn't. If you are talking about the sprites, that would be a definite no, though.

But anyway, I have been checking on this thread for a while and so far this game is looking to shape up really nicely. Keep up the great work, you guys.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
well the idea was actually mine TBH because well ive never played Final fantasy XII. so really i came up with the idea myself. But i understand alistar but just thoughtid let everyone know i didnt just copy Final fantasy :D

~Kian~

darthvagabond100

Pokemon ~NEBULA~ Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2010
HEY GUYS MINI UPDATE......:)

NEW TILE:
Well i finally did it....I was always scared to start drawing building tiles..but i finally said ah what the heck so heres my first scratch building tile:)

buildingtile.png

Ingame the white on the metal shaft moves downward.

ALSO PRESENTING ONE OF THE LEGENDARY TRIO POKEMON

ATOMEGIDO the Atomic pokemon.
atomegidocosmicelectric.png

Cosmic/Electric

Leave some comments about my building so I can know if i should make more:)

Also about the final fantasy 12 thing.....yea its extremely simular but just to let every know it wasnt copied from it:) But whatever it really doesnt matter...me personally I always wanted to hunt a pokemon especially tyranitar. I dunno why. Mabey il make it a hunt..... Alistar your point is perfectly understood :)

@Shadowtogepi.... Do you have something to trade? I dnt wanna just hand out spritework srry:(

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I haven't posted in this topic before, I just wanted to say that I like several of your Corrupted/Pokehunt designs, however, I feel that a few of them are a tad too busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back