• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create A Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Create A Pokemon
The previous thread had a last post dated back to June 22nd 2013. It's not that old, but I'll revive it anyway. Here is the link to the old thread.

The basic instructions are to continue the artist's previous image and expand on it by adding colours, shading it, changing outlines, add appendages, add parts, etc. until we have completed and created our very own Pokemon! Read the rules for some extra information and looking at the old thread will help you understand the game. Any questions and concerns can be posted here and I will get to it ASAP!

Rules:

Please follow these rules otherwise your contributions will not be accepted because of the violation.

1. Artists must make small changes to the sprite such as a simple hue change or adding some spikes, etc. Do not try and complete the sprite in one go just so you can start a new one yourself.
  2. The size restriction is 96 x 96. Use this size and ONLY this size to post your post.
  3. Do not double post and make changes twice in a row. Once you've posted your contribution and changes, it's final.
  4. The current Pokemon/Fakemon must be completed before starting a new one.
  5. Have fun with this and make funny or crazy stuff!
  6. The save file-type must be in .PNG format or .GIF. The former is more recommended.
  7. There is no palette restriction. You can have as much colours on the sprite as well but pay attention to rule 1.
  8. Do not start colouring, shading until the outline is complete. After that you may alter colours, outlines, design, etc. Addition: Whenever it's time for a new sprite, you can start with a solid colour/silhouette. Make sure it's not too large.

Completed Sprites:

I'll try and make .gifs of the progression of the sprites as they are completed. The sprites are chronologically ordered.
Spoiler:

Starting image!
987xuq.png

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Great. Just when I wanted it to come back, too.

Extended the... head?

cap9-22-131_zpsc3fd09af.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
987xuq_zps3b24273c.png

Can't upload images from dropbox and link them here for no good reason

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
qYAb9jz.png

Imaginative lines and a little curve on the left.

Years
smzq.png

I hope it's alright to move things without deleting them. The arm-like shape look perfect a bit lower! Then I just added a line along the top of the outline. It's kinda cute so far :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
I don't think there's a problem with it, since things just tend to evolve, so what looked good at first may start looking bad later on.

GwJnw2i.png

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
parts2.png

Added a couple horn things to the head. Really wish I knew why I can't link imaged from my Dropbox.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
Added a tail thingy and added to the torso blob. Also, I think we're pretty much done design-wise. If we start adding more things it'll look too overdone.
PmqgTvy.png

Years
ergwer_zps7e82590f.png

Subdued the color palette and continued it through out for a simple base to start from. Curved some lines.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
Organized the colors in a pallete, and colored some parts with a different shade of green

r9c31aN.png

I like the idea of making this a growing seed. The chicken one's funny too.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
Did some basic shading and color arranging. I think the only thing left to do now is the AAing ..?

HA00JYh.png

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Yep, adding more entangled tentacles into what is now more apparent as a sea-witch. Water/Fairy, I reckon. Somebody please complete the shading and all, because I honestly thought these new tentacles were a must for later use. Also added some studs.

l_zpsec7dc133.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back