• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Plot Bunny Thread

Is Fire Emblem: Conjoinst Souls something that you'd be interested in reading?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
Years
@ TrainerTori, can't comment much on it being based on the Book of Eri or whatnot due to not having read it. =p Nonetheless:
However, there still are some people who refuse to believe it's over.
What reasons would they have for this? Any attempt to try to set up the League of old, for instance? And who are said people? Any general trends? (e.g. offspring of former gym leaders/etc?)

That's also concern why Tori wants a Pokemon league again as well. The motive is fine, but there needs to be a strong reason/reasons behind it.
In the "new world," pokemon are divided into 3 categories: Inedible Defense, Inedible Worker, and Edible. So, unfortunately, if your pokemon is not rock, ghost, or steel - it's food, and if it's not your food - someone else is going to make it theirs. Fire types may be so to speak self cooking (heh) but I imagine a source of fire would prove very useful.
It seems a touch narrow here; wouldn't it be better to judge a Pokemon species by species in what it can do? Say if there's any chance for electricity to be used, electric types would be great workers if they can figure it out. (And I doubt the like of say Voltorb would be good to eat, haha).

@ MichaelSK16:
An inexplicable accident knocks them out cold and sends them to an undisclosed location.
Would this just seem an accident to them and actually be a reason behind said event, or really just be some incident? If so then be careful it doesn't come off too much as an event for the sake of getting them into the world.

The premise of them being in the Pokemon world but 'not as they know it' is one that holds potential but also one that has been done before. You'd also want to think through how come the league system is running as before when everything else is going so badly, and Pokmon frequently get badly injured/die, etc. I don't think it'd be at all easy to pull that off, so it may require some brainstorming. Just in case I'll say to try not to have it just dark for the sake of it (and same for you debating having that 'romantic twist' or not too).

Also: be sure that if you're having people from the real world teleported to this Pokemon world that this theme is consistent through the story. Otherwise you might as well just be using characters from the world, and it is as said something that has a fair bit of potential in it.

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
@ TrainerTori, can't comment much on it being based on the Book of Eri or whatnot due to not having read it. =p Nonetheless:
8D it's a movie. A really good movie!

What reasons would they have for this? Any attempt to try to set up the League of old, for instance? And who are said people? Any general trends? (e.g. offspring of former gym leaders/etc?)
Well, I'm thinking like in the games - you can't get certain things until you have gym badges. I'm sure there is some old hag somewhere holding on to the ever essential Surf HM, and refuses to give it to you till you can show you have whatever badge.

The specific scenario I had in mind is where Tori needs Fly, but the person who has it refuses to hand it over without a whatever badge (previous generation badge).
So, being naive, she stomps on over to the pokemon gym and is greeted by squatters rather than the gym leader she's looking for.
Well it turns out that the "current gym leader" (or who should have been) has basically given in to these squatters, allowing them to abuse the gym as long as they basically offer them protection from others. (Gym leader could defeat these squatters, but would rather not spend the rest of his life just defeating people to keep out of his gym, so he'd rather make a deal with one group, and let them fight his battles)
I imagine it's something like a grass gym, but it's been so destroyed that Tori walks in thinking it's ground/rock.
Anywho, she gets attacked and basically captured by the squatters and is kicking, screaming, and flailing like mad. Mr. pathetic "current gym leader" is all "let her go, she's here to talk to me"
viola, quick battle, she gets whatever "badge" which actually doesn't even physically exists anymore, so she grabs his jacket in an attempt to drag him out to the person with the HM. He slips out of it but she figures his jacket is better proof of a defeat than nothing, so she takes that as proof and he chases her, so when she gets back to the person with the HM, they're all like "you have no gym badge" tori is all glare-face at "current gym leader" and he makes the person hand over the hm.

*hufhufhuf* sorry if that was really wordy.
Everything is still up in the air, so that may be kinda confusing as you read it, but hopefully it makes a little sense at to why that clause was there?

That's also concern why Tori wants a Pokemon league again as well. The motive is fine, but there needs to be a strong reason/reasons behind it.
Yeah, This is one thing I'm toying with. I kinda developed bits and pieces of the plot without having a goal in mind :X
So if you've got any suggestions, shoot them my way!

The only thing I can think of is just horridly cliche and I hate it. Basically, unlike the games, I imagine that the "elite 4" have all of the powerful legendary pokemon. Not some random kid who just happened to catch it :B
With the fights for resources, people are turning on each other and destroying what is left.

Tori, being raised a vegetarian and "farmer/gardener/whatever" is wanting the world back with farms, reserves, etc.

And she's always wanted to be a pokemon trainer, and she's just pissed that the world has come to a place where that's not an option anymore XD so she's just like FINE THEN, ILL JUST MAKE YOU MAKE THE POKEMON LEAGUE.

In her "life" right now, she can't do anything. She can't be a pokemon trainer like her dad, she can only farm these teeny little space on the back of a torterra with her mom, so she's just had enough.

So she's thinking she can convince the elite 4 and their super magical pokemon to basically "settle" petty disputes between cities, destroy dilapidated areas and rebuild them with renewable resources. (ie: put in "pokemon-made" lakes, feilds, etc)

Because currently, Elite 4 and a small town of people are just cooped up in their little happy city with their teenie gardens, sustaining their tiny sanctuary, and just ignoring the current state of affairs outside.

so, in short, she's doing this because she has nothing better to do...
Which is REALLY weak :/ so I really need help here, and if that involves changing a bit of Tori's back story - then I'm completely open to it.

I'd also considered, on a fleeting whim - though I don't want to include any deep relationships in my story line - I had considered her having had a relationship with one of the elite 4 at some point. (Before they were elite 4, then they became part of it and vanished) And thinks she's going to go convince them.
Though I would rather not shed light on that in the story and rather leave that till she gets face to face with him.

It seems a touch narrow here; wouldn't it be better to judge a Pokemon species by species in what it can do? Say if there's any chance for electricity to be used, electric types would be great workers if they can figure it out. (And I doubt the like of say Voltorb would be good to eat, haha).

That's just a general breakdown ^__^, there's exceptions to everything.
So no, like voltorb and such wouldn't be eaten and would be used for electricity - worker, but at the same time, they could be used as defense.

However, like you were saying, in the case of a fire pokemon. It isn't completely white/black. A growlithe would be edible, yes, but it's also a worker. It would be a worker until food was needed.

but for pokemon like onyx, voltorb, etc - you can't eat them so they're always going to be defense/worker.

So a less than honest pokemon center is going to be more willing to heal your onyx than they are your bidoof, they'd more likely tell you that your bidoof is now of "food quality" and that their resources are going to cost more than his worth in "food"

Last edited:

MichaelSK16

Pokemon Connoisseur
Years
@ MichaelSK16:
Would this just seem an accident to them and actually be a reason behind said event, or really just be some incident? If so then be careful it doesn't come off too much as an event for the sake of getting them into the world.
As I said, I really haven't put all that much thought into this one. I'm still working out the kinks and this is one of them. I've considered both possibilities and still need to think it through more thoroughly. I am glad that you noticed it, though. At least that means I'm not focusing on unnecessary things.

The premise of them being in the Pokemon world but 'not as they know it' is one that holds potential but also one that has been done before.

The 'not as they know it' concept is more or less saying not everything goes as conveniently as it does in the 'normal' Pokemon world. People don't exactly live in harmony with Pokemon. The element of people For example, if somebody falls from a high place, they most likely won't go unharmed. (this is just the first thing that came to mind) I planned on using this in multiple ways.

My main plan for this would be that, especially in the beginning, the protagonists would need to realize the world is less-than-perfect. Seeing as though actual inhabitants of the world would be aware that doing stupidly heroic things won't necessarily turn out well, I could see one of the protagonists getting caught up in the moment and doing something of such a nature and somebody that is actually from the Pokemon world would make a snarky and condescending comment, scolding them for their stupidity.

You'd also want to think through how come the league system is running as before when everything else is going so badly, and Pokmon frequently get badly injured/die, etc. I don't think it'd be at all easy to pull that off, so it may require some brainstorming. Just in case I'll say to try not to have it just dark for the sake of it (and same for you debating having that 'romantic twist' or not too).

I never even considered this part before. Thanks for pointing that one out to me. I think that I could make it work if there were like a referee/match judge kind of official who ends the battle at a certain point in official battles like a league battle. I planned on the protagonists encountering some pretty deranged people who would probably disregard this type of safety precaution anyways. Not to mention wild encounters + unofficial battles wouldn't really have a referee-type figure.
This is what the drafting stage is for, I guess. lol

Also: be sure that if you're having people from the real world teleported to this Pokemon world that this theme is consistent through the story. Otherwise you might as well just be using characters from the world, and it is as said something that has a fair bit of potential in it.

I'm not really sure what you are implying here. By consistent, do you mean that EVERYONE in the world should be alien/from a different world, or that the protagonists just should be the only ones? I could definitely see making sure they aren't the only ones, but if EVERYONE was from a different world, I just don't see how that would work.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the critique! It has definitely got me thinking~!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I'm not really sure what you are implying here. By consistent, do you mean that EVERYONE in the world should be alien/from a different world, or that the protagonists just should be the only ones? I could definitely see making sure they aren't the only ones, but if EVERYONE was from a different world, I just don't see how that would work.
I think he's saying that the characters from the real world should act like they're from the real world. Like they shouldn't be used to being in the Pokemon world. You'd have to have a plot reason as to why these characters are brought in from the real world instead of being, for example, really sheltered native citizens of the Pokemon world from a canon region.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
That, and the fact they are from the real world shouldn't be a theme that's forgotten later in the story and just used as a beginning. Do they have any inclination to try to get back? What if some do and some don't? How do other pople act towards them acting potentially out of place? And so forth.

Didn't mean for everyone to be from the real world, haha. That wouldn't really fit what you are going for... although then again it's not something that doesn't have its own potential in a story, hmm.

so, in short, she's doing this because she has nothing better to do...
Which is REALLY weak :/ so I really need help here, and if that involves changing a bit of Tori's back story - then I'm completely open to it.
Yeah, that would need some working on.

Try thinking on aspects of her backstory then. Why does she want to be a Pokemon trainer so much? Also, what benefits does the Pokemon League offer? As in not just to her but other people too? Maybe that can be examined and used as a motive for her to go request it (not just for herself but for other people/on other people's request as well). And maybe it doesn't have to be exactly 'like it was' as well - maybe she just wants a hybrid League, or one that offers something different that fits this setting better.

MichaelSK16

Pokemon Connoisseur
Years
I think he's saying that the characters from the real world should act like they're from the real world. Like they shouldn't be used to being in the Pokemon world. You'd have to have a plot reason as to why these characters are brought in from the real world instead of being, for example, really sheltered native citizens of the Pokemon world from a canon region.

That, and the fact they are from the real world shouldn't be a theme that's forgotten later in the story and just used as a beginning. Do they have any inclination to try to get back? What if some do and some don't? How do other pople act towards them acting potentially out of place? And so forth.

Didn't mean for everyone to be from the real world, haha. That wouldn't really fit what you are going for... although then again it's not something that doesn't have its own potential in a story, hmm.

That makes a lot more sense. I kinda figured that them acting out of place would be a constantly recurring theme from the start. I didn't, however, think much about motivation to get back, homesickness, etc. but it's definitely something that will be on my mind more now.

Abyssolwind

Writer. Furry. Psychopath. ^_^
Years
Well, i'm back and my mind's still wandering.

A couple of ideas are really set solid now, but alas indecision cripples me still...

The first is called "Of the Dead".
It's a darker pokemon story with a little mix of reality, played on Yamask's pokedex entry. The human protagonist is a boy of about 18 who is assigned as "Death" by Arceus or giratina (i'm not sure just how much of a "demon" figure giratina is). He was once regarded as the most promising young trainer of the generation due to his skill - and he raised his pokemon without going on a journey. But when Team (undecided) attacked him and came after his prize pokemon after he had been interviewed on a news program, his pokemon sacrificed themselves to try to save their trainer. Rather than seeing this as an act of faith and loyalty, the boy though the was a horrible trainer for letting his pokemon die (yes, die - not faint) and refused to keep another pokemon ever again.

The secondary protagonist is an immortal hybrid lucario with a difference. As opposed to the usual and cliche "human with lucario's powers" he's a "lucario with no powers", fighting using a sword. He was respected due to his hardcore training and his perseverance even though he was weak - but shunned because he was slowly growing more human like. In a rivalry battle over a potential mate, he was killed by his opponent. But in death and as he approached Arceus, Arceus told him he was neither a pokemon or a human, and had no place to put him without causing damage in the afterlife's delicate hierachy. Thus - Arceus sent him back to the land of the living, essentially ignoring the fact that he died and pretending it had never happened. Since then he's been immortal - but he's still powerless. When he was revived, his clan thought he was cursed and he was exiled.

The human becomes the reaper in exchange for one of his dead pokemon to be returned to him - but in a cruel twist of fate, he is given a mask. It's much like a mask of a Yamask - but it is shaped like an absol's face. When he puts it on, it merges with him and his own personality is merged with his dead-absol - thus he has the memories of both, as well as his absol's dark powers and a big scythe. He is slapped together with the lucario at Arceus'/giratina's request - the lucario being drawn in by the promise of power as a reward and the human being bound by his soul to do as Arceus/giratina bids. Their quest is essentially to hunt down Yamask which have broken out of their ruin prison and possessed people. The yamask have possessed people and turned them into ghostly demon-like monsters, and the human and Lucario have to stop them. The Yamask may even be not human souls, but pokemon souls who have broken free of death and manifested themselves within Yamask. Thus when a human is possessed, they become a hybrid of whatever pokemon that yamask used to be

Pokemon actually "die" in this story. It works on a principle that all pokemon have natural armour - much like "shields" in a sci-fi film or video game - which is an inner energy which coats the body. The same energy that lets pokemon harness super-strength and generate special attacks. A pokemon's natural armour absorbs serious damage from attacks. When the pokemon "faints" its natural armour falls, and it becomes as frail as a human - allowing it to be killed by anything as simple as a knife. Normally when a pokemon faints it is returned to keep it safe, but if it isn't returned then it can be killed permanently and cannot be brought back.

The second is called "Stasis".
It follows the story of a boy who's a genius. He once fell into a coma after an accident, but was conscious the whole while and spent two entire years simply thinking about how the world worked. Through his intelligence and the time he spent, he gained a comprehensive understanding of how time and space works - thus allowing him to manipulate it to an extent.

He was then approached by a man who paid him to reconfigure a master ball, claiming his brother was dying and he needed a ball that could capture a human - thus keeping his brother intact until a cure could be found for him. Immediately after the boy fixed the ball - the man captured him.

The story begins 2500 years in the future, when the ball is finally opened again. Humans have become extinct all but for him. After his dissapearance, a breakthrough in genetic science meant people and pokemon began interbreeding - resulting in fertile offspring and thus interweaving pokemon and human over the course of a few hundred years. 2500 years later, there are no pure humans left, and all pokemon are anthropomorphic (humanoid).

The jist of things is - the human is being hunted by an "imperial" type force led by a dictator, and so flees to a rebel army to remain safe. Since he's stuck, he's forced to work with the rebels in their fight against the imperials. But what he doesn't realise, is that the "evil dictator" is actually a clone of himself - formed from a freak accident after he was captured - who has used his power to stop his process of aging. The evil him is the bastion of all that is logic, and it is after the boy's pokeball so he can use it to clone himself. The boy from the past stands for logic also, but as he progresses on his adventure he learns the value of ethics and morality - even when they aren't logical solutions. So then there's a big rebel/imperial war scenario that he's caught up in. He's frail - being human - but he can manipulate time/space around inanimate objects which he uses offensively.

The "Stasis" title refers to the pokeball system. That a pokeball freezes the pokemon's body and mind inside it - so a pokemon could be returned and then released a million years later, but the pokemon would only feel like it has been an instant.

Also, abstract nouns are personified as auras and living forces. Luck, love, time, space - they're all cosmic entities which can be communicated with and controlled if a person knows how they work. Partway through the story - his intelligence and a chance occurence come together and he has a sudden realisation. He wakes up the next day with a complete understanding of luck and chance, and he can use it to his advantage - winning poker games, generating improbable circumstances that favour him - so forth.

Also, many pokemon tend to be "half this and half-that". Eg. A mightyena that's a child of a mightyena and houndoom may be able to use flamethrower and other fire attacks due to slight adjustments in its anatomy as a result of its parenting.

Trying to think of something that hasn't been done before. I'm quite big on the "pokemon with no power" idea.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2014
Pokemon Fanfic Idea up for grabs

Hey guys, I joined the pokecommunity today to offer a pokemon fanfic idea that I've had for quite a while and have developed quite a bit myself. I used to write my own stories, and I would do this myself if I had an infinite amount of time in a day, but since that is not the case, I would like to "pass down" this idea of mine, so to speak, to someone who is interested. I'm someone who thinks of ideas/stories randomly and sticks with them for months at a time, always imagining out scenes and aspects to the story when I'm bored and have nothing to do. So, if any of you are active pokemon fanfic writers and have a passion for it, and would like to have an idea to give you quite the headstart, you just might have found what you are looking for.

So let's get to it. What is this idea of mine? It is quite lengthy if I tell you all the details, but I will list the most important and interesting parts immediately.

Remember the trailers for Pokemon Black2/White2, showing a more serious, badass, and dramatic side to Pokemon? One that is more truly to, I guess you could say, traditional mainstream Anime standards like Naruto, Bleach? Well, this story would embody that exact same feeling and energy (as it was inspired from the trailers).

The story takes place as an alternative pace of events to Black2/White2, 2 years later after the events of Pokemon Black and White. There is a group of three that make up the major characters (two guys, one girl), and one main. Team Plasma has succeeded much more than one would think - they now are well in the process of controlling all Unova - that includes the pokemon, and the trainers. Their goal is the cliche rule Unova but in addition, to have every trainer and pokemon (even the wild) under their control, so that all Unova's future generations of pokemon and people will be under the Plasma Empire. This Team Plasma is more serious than the one presented in the games, and they've been so successful because - get this - they are working in conspiracy with the gym leaders!

The Gym Leaders are bad guys in this story - each ruling over their city or town, carrying out the plans of Team Plasma in their area, conducting studies on how to effectively control wild pokemon, and inducing fear into their citizens.

From here, I will list more things for the sake of trying to keep it short( I know I can ramble on)
- Gym Leaders working with Plasma
- Elite Four, and Champion in on it as well, the strongest trainers.
- Select trainers from the past (Hugh, Cheren, Heartbreaker Charles, Alder, N) part of a small and relatively weak resistance organization, with their own stories of what's happened since Hero v. N (Zekrom v. Reshiram)
- Gym Leaders from other regions included (Flannery, Jasmine, Brock!)
- Infiltration and Mission-Style invasion/combat of Gyms instead of "walk in and fight"
- Increase of physical strategy in fights than normal pokemon games/show
- Some moves tweaked a bit to add greater, cooler effects
- 17 Gym Leaders - One for each type, included, which must be defeated
- Kyurem, Ghetsis all still there
- Drama between and among characters, ie. main girl character is Grimsley's little sister.

This will be like an undercover sort of effort to overthrow the growing effects and success of Team Plasma, the team sort of stumbling in on it at first and then gaining momentum and support along the way.

The team: (names can be changed, up to you) and their pokemon:

[note that they all start with one pokemon, and catch more pokemon and evolve them as they go on]

1. Pierce
- Arcanine (Ace) - lifetime companion
- Lucario (Roy) - noble brawler
- Sharpedo (Wrecker) - frenzied aggressor
- Metagross (Nixon)- courageous protector
- Gliscor (Raymond) - mischievous prankster
- Braviary (Hunter) - confident warrior

2. Jackson (Best Friend and Competitor at times)
- Floatzel(Rich) - lifetime companion
- Gallade (Ambius) - reliable soldier
- Houndoom (Hellhound) - cocky fighter
- Skarmory (Noblewing) - Sharp-minded one
- Rampardos (Spike) - Vicious Ripper
- Beartic (Zero) - fights to protect Jackson

3. Rina (found along the way, rich girl who knows how to fight herself in ninja-like combat. Royalty and Bad-ass)
- Roserade (Walter) - lifetime companion, like a butler to her, fulfills her every need. The only male on the team. Her trusty servant.
- Lopunny (Valencia) - trusted pokemon when Walter's strength just isn't cutting it
- Crobat (Shuriken) - High-energy pokemon, known to spin wildly while using steel wing, night slash, cross poison and the like to create a spinning shuriken effect, striking many enemies while hurling itself through the battlefield.
- Weavile (Kunai) - Sneaky feline, known to use ice shards from its claws, and throwing them as projectiles.
- Starmie (Lustra) - valuable jewel, psychic and water attacker.
- Chandelure (Delura) - Vicious specialized attacker, will-o-wisping and phasing through walls and electronic devices to render them useless.

I hope I haven't been too specific and haven't bored you all by now, but if anyone is interested in learning more, or has at the very least any further questions, please feel free to contact me via pm here or my email address [email protected]

y stri

Got no theme right now.
Years
Well, it's me again, the person who starts projects but never finishes them. And yes, I'm thinking of starting another project.

I've decided to call it Fiore 2.0, and it's set a few years after the events of Pokemon Ranger. The idyllic Poke-paradise has fallen apart, and Pokemon have started attacking and killing humans, since most of Fiore is untouched nature, the Pokemon are more "wild". Many people have fled, even most of the rangers. The only ones still there are the rangers in Fall City, Fiore's largest and only city.

To make matters worse, the Go-Rock Quads decided their superstar status was getting boring and decide that while Fiore's weak, they'll take over.

And so it falls to the completely mismatched group of Fall City Rangers to save the region.

Then, just because everything wasn't confusing enough, the alternate universe versions of the rangers who are part of Team Dim Sun appear in their universe. (I can't tell if Palkia or Giratina would have the powers to send them there).

This will be a comedy, as it really won't take itself seriously. For one thing, one of the characters was raised by Mudkips, her AU version was raised by Tepigs, and three of the AU characters are a background character from Wreck-It Ralph and two Vocaloids.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
I have this, odd idea, in which Leaf, Kris, Lyra, May, Dawn, Hilda and Rosa have a girl's night out, i.e. they try to pair their best guy friends together with other guys. Oh, and apparently Leaf's a magician, Kris likes swimming, Lyra's a gamer girl, May's into girly, cute stuff, Dawn likes to sit in fridges, Hilda's a tomboy, and Rosa likes to eat pie...
I don't understand either, it just happened....

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
I had this idea.
What happens when you put down that Pokemon game? To the character you're controlling? Does the world just stop, or does only the character?
One day, a trainer just stops. He stops moving, he stops talking, he stops everything. They've seen this before and know their master tends to do this, sometimes for days on end.
Three years pass and their master hasn't awoken. They are naturally disturbed, trying to get him to do something, anything. The Pokemon's bonds with their human is tested, as years pass and wild Pokemon keep trying to kill their master for food. The psychic Pokemon says he has very little brain-wave activity, confirming that he is essentially a statue. As each Pokemon remember fond memories, they struggle to decide to leave him or move on.
Genre: Horror/Tragedy
POV: Multiple, usually first person
Length: About eight chapters including prologue and epilogue
OC's: Yes, the trainer and his team of six

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I had this idea.
What happens when you put down that Pokemon game? To the character you're controlling? Does the world just stop, or does only the character?
One day, a trainer just stops. He stops moving, he stops talking, he stops everything. They've seen this before and know their master tends to do this, sometimes for days on end.
Three years pass and their master hasn't awoken. They are naturally disturbed, trying to get him to do something, anything. The Pokemon's bonds with their human is tested, as years pass and wild Pokemon keep trying to kill their master for food. The psychic Pokemon says he has very little brain-wave activity, confirming that he is essentially a statue. As each Pokemon remember fond memories, they struggle to decide to leave him or move on.
It's a unique concept in part. I have seen the odd story of say a trainer saying goodbye to Pokemon when a new file on the game is being created, but nothing along the 'trainer stops moving because the game isn't being played' style deal.

Few questions that come to mind - do the Pokemon know anyone else with the same 'ailment' as their trainer? Do other trainers notice during the three years, or indeed in the past? And does the trainer maintain the same appearance when staying on the spot like that for so long?

Could certainly make for an interesting read, and indeed a rather unique set up. Worth a shot!

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
I had this idea.

This reminds me of an awesome story I once read (but now cannot remember the name of) in which a Trainer is trapped in the little segment of story leading up to fighting Brock, because the player keeps quitting when the battle goes wrong and restarting. Slowly, he starts to gain awareness of the situation, and... I don't remember the resolution, actually.

Actually, it's entirely possible that I dreamed that story rather than read it, but the point stands: that's the closest thing I can think of to this, and it was fantastic. Your concept is the same flavour of awesome, and I'd love to see it come to fruition.

I would have to point out, though, the high likelihood - assuming other people in the Trainer's universe are of the same independent mind as the Pokémon - that someone would find him and attempt to move him, or interact with him or his Pokémon. Perhaps that could be avoided by putting him in some kind of deserted location - or maybe you want to explore that, I don't know. Actually, you probably don't want to explore that; it's too much for such a tightly-constructed story as this one seems to be.

F.A.B.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
What specifically are you stuck on? Are you not sure where the plot is going next? Or is it that the wording doesn't work for what you're trying to say?

If it's the plot, do you have an idea of where you'd want your characters to end up? The end goal, if you will. Did you make an outline of the plot before or while writing to get an idea of what would happen?

Before someone can help you, you need some more information on what the problem is. The advice could change depending on what's giving you writer's block.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
The problem is I don't know what should happen next, at all. You would probably need to read what I got so far to help me out.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Plan ahead a bit and try to figure out a goal that you want your characters to accomplish. Perhaps you want them to meet a certain enemy, maybe share a kiss, or maybe end up in some special place (or time!). And then - daydream and really feel what the characters are like. What would you do if you were them, and had a higher power (the author) nudging them to get to a special goal?

It's in times like these that having a baggage of roleplaying comes in handy ^^

Just my tip.

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Well that only works when someone will roleplay with me. I don't like the way this site roleplays. I like roleplaying one on one. And I like R rated roleplaying.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
You don't have to roleplay. You can think over the direction your story went and where you want it to go. If you have an idea how you want the story to end, you can look at where your characters are now and think of some way to nudge them back in that direction.

You say you don't know what will happen next. Is it just what will happen immediately next? Or the entire future plot is unknown?

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I'm having trouble with what should happen in the next chapter. I don't know what to do with it. All I know is it is leading up to my OC Sakura dying in the same way Midoriko did.

Back