• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Following Character script

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
Can someone help me use this in Cosmic Destiny? it would be awesome if the player's starter could pop up like that. I can't follow the video,because i'm a bit confused.

I made something with it, sort of an engine for those with troubles involving it. So here's the example.

The Example

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Not supposed to use this script any more as stated quite a few times now it's out of date :P

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
Years
The example

For those who wanted it, here's an example for the pokefollowing script. I also put in Help14's Unknown Puzzle.

Link

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Agreed, re-upload this to mediafire. I'd like to see what you have, but I can't see it as rapidshare is terrible.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Today gift is not really useable. Pokemon following character v3.0 beta: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5378759#post5378759
I need you to test it, if you found a bug, post it to Pokemon following topic, not in here. Thank ^^
Nice! A new version!

Here's a bug: Leaving the party screen crashes for me on Windows XP, SP2.

Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonMenu:163:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:139:in `loop'
PokemonMenu:238:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
Scene_Map:183:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:157:in `update'
Scene_Map:67:in `main'
Scene_Map:64:in `loop'
Scene_Map:71:in `main'
Main:56:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Main:31:in `mainFunction'
-Switching the first Pokemon in your party through a PC doesn't change it's overworld graphic, even when leaving the area. Their cry does change, however.
-The -_- animation is inturruptable in that it doesn't halt your movement for any amount of time. Not really a big deal I know, since it's just to show off the cry function.
-When your Pokemon are fainted, they are still out. I like this, however, as fainted Pokemon can still use HMs and such, so it seems to me like all that it can't do is fight.

You did seem to fix the fix the main bug(Being unable to talk to pokemon correctly in other maps), so kudos on that. This is a huge improvement over your last revision. The party screen is the only severely hindering bug I've found.

Years
Nice! A new version!

Here's a bug: Leaving the party screen crashes for me on Windows XP, SP2.

Code:
Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonMenu:163:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PokemonMenu:139:in `loop'
PokemonMenu:238:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
Scene_Map:183:in `call_menu'
Scene_Map:157:in `update'
Scene_Map:67:in `main'
Scene_Map:64:in `loop'
Scene_Map:71:in `main'
Main:56:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Main:31:in `mainFunction'
-Switching the first Pokemon in your party through a PC doesn't change it's overworld graphic, even when leaving the area. Their cry does change, however.
-The -_- animation is inturruptable in that it doesn't halt your movement for any amount of time. Not really a big deal I know, since it's just to show off the cry function.
-When your Pokemon are fainted, they are still out. I like this, however, as fainted Pokemon can still use HMs and such, so it seems to me like all that it can't do is fight.

You did seem to fix the fix the main bug(Being unable to talk to pokemon correctly in other maps), so kudos on that. This is a huge improvement over your last revision. The party screen is the only severely hindering bug I've found.

Thank IceGod64, working on those bug ^^
Switching the first Pokemon in your party through a PC doesn't change it's overworld graphic because the pokemon you changed is not the current pokemon.
Update to v3.0.1 ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
Well here are some bugs:

1) The animations do not appear in my project (and are all configured properly)
2) When the hero runs, the sprite is lagging behind
3) When you go from one map to another (joined by conecting mapping), there is a moment in which the pokemon sprite disappears

Apart from that, everything is going great, this script is awesome hopefully soon you have the final version, will be one of the best contributions in years, do not give up XD

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
The bug with the PC boxes still happens where the following Pokemon's sprite doesn't update, but the party screen works now.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
You know what will also be a great idea, for when the player talks to the pokemon it says there name and what ever the developer puts. EX i talk to charzard then it will say something like this "Charzard is happy that hes traviling with (said name player)"

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
You know what will also be a great idea, for when the player talks to the pokemon it says there name and what ever the developer puts. EX i talk to charzard then it will say something like this "Charzard is happy that hes traviling with (said name player)"

You already can do that. \pn displays the players name.

Also, it's spelled "Traveling".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back