• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Safari Zone Android App

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2015
Hello Everyone!

I am making a Safari Zone-ish Android application and would like some users, bug reports, feedback, etc. I am developing it in MIT App Inventor for Android.

Graphics are not the best, because I don't know how popular this will be. On that note, if anyone has a good idea for a logo on the start screen, I'll take it and credit that person.

Pretty much, you tap on a map onscreen and see if a Pokémon appears. You can throw Bait, Rocks, or one of two special balls, the Safari Ball and the much better and more expensive Jungle Ball. There are in-game credits which you can spend on Bait and Balls. There is also a hidden gift feature that allows you to enter special codes and recieve more stuff. The game checks a special server on how to redeem the codes. There is a system in place for importing and exporting Pokémon to another game or app using a special numerical code, so games can easily trade and transfer Pokémon.

Screenshots are attached.

To enable gifts:
Spoiler:

To Download:
Open the attached text file, and choose a link within. They are both the same thing.

To Install:
1. On the phone, go to Settings > Applications and enable Unknown Sources
2. Email yourself the APK file, or find some other way of opening the file on the phone.
3. Open the file, and it should install!

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
I am surprised nobody has commented on this yet. I've got a Galaxy Nexus and I could help design graphics for this if it starts to take off.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Well seems like I'm the second person who downloaded this game :D
I really like the idea, and although its in black and white, i like the overworld design.
Finding pokemon is simple, the only tough thing seems to catch them...
The game seems to have a bit of lag, after i throw a rock or a ball it takes a long time to get a response back on what happened. Also, i only seem to encounter bellsprouts.
But thanks a lot for creating the app, i hope it keeps improving :D

PS: I tried it on my galaxy s3

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2015
Thanks for your replies!

Anglican, if you really want to try it out, go get the App Inventor Emulator (appinventor.mit.edu/explore/install-app-inventor-software.html), it puts a phone on your computer's screen.

It's in black and white because I used the Safari Zone map from Red/Blue, because it's the smallest safari map in any game. If anyone has a cool map to use instead, it would be easy to substitute. Also, I test it on my e-ink Nook, so I really don't notice the colors, as the Nook is black and white.

There are more Bellsprout than other stuff because the battle screen picks a random number, and if the number is not anything else it becomes a Bellsprout. I needed something as filler, so you don't always get a cool Pokémon.

Zorogami, I don't get a lag at all, weird. Also, the Jungle Balls double the chance of capture, try one of those!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This seems good. I don't have an android tablet or phone, So I can't play? I think.

But if it's a Pokémon Spin Off, why not add some form of Pokémon Graphics, like scenery for the battles. etc.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
I tested it out but there are a few things and ideas

1. Add controls so you can move with a joystick or buttons or something

2. Add color

3. Keep it up!

Back