• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Team Thus Far

KadabraK

pokeboy
Years
  • Age 28
  • ohio
  • Seen Mar 29, 2020
I have 9 badges, I obviously plan on getting 16, and then beating Red, etc. But my team is severely underleveled, and because of this, I'm thinking about adding new members to my team and exchanging some old ones out. I'm not sure really, but whatever. Give me some suggestions whether it be leveling up, moves, other additions, etc. Thanks!

Donphan (Lv. 25) Bashful Nature
Flail
Take Down
Rollout
Slam

Typhlosion (Lv. 44) Adamant Nature
Lava Plume
Flamethrower
Quick Attack
Fire Blast
* I need some new moves for this guy, 3 fire moves and 1 weak normal move aren't exactly what I want.

Ho-Oh (Lv. 46) Quirky Nature
Extrasensory
Sunny Day
Fire Blast
Sacred Fire

*I don't want to keep Ho-Oh. I only used it for the Pokemon League to get through. I need a suggestion instead of this guy.

Ampharos (Lv. 47) Bashful Nature
Discharge
Thunder
Focus Blast
Signal Beam

*Kind of random moves...

Gyarados (Lv. 44) Lax Nature
Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse
Ice Fang
Waterfall

I don't really have any other pokemon. I just started playing again after like a year, and was left with this team, haha.

I have a few options in my PC, I used to not catch many pokemon.
Dratini, Lv. 13.
Pidgey, Lv. 4.
Furret, Lv. 36.
Swinub, Lv. 23.
Tentacool, Lv. 25.
Togepi, Lv. 7.
Sudowoodo, Lv. 20.

I can and will be catching more pokemon, but I need two pokemon. I plan on training up Donphan. So this is what I have so far:
1.Fire type
2.Ground type
3.Water/Flying type
4. Electric type
5. ?
6. ?

Thanks for the help if you can. Any suggestions to make my current pokemon better besides levels, and new pokemon, all would be appreciated.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Going to move this to the in-game team help section as that's where team advice belongs.

I'd suggest some different moves for the Donphan; there normal type moves aren't very useful. Earthquake (which iirc it would learn naturally later on) is a must. Maybe some rock type move too?

Typhlosion's moveset is pretty narrow sadly although say if you don't mind doing some Battle Frontier stuff Thunderpunch via Move Tutor is cool, and it has some useful TMs (EQ, Brick Break, Rock Slide, Solarbeam if you want to have a sun-theme too via Sunny Day, although that wouldn't help Gyarados much). Speaking of Gyarados it would prefer physical moves rather than special; ie Hydro Pump is less useful on it than Waterfall in most circumstances I imagine.

KadabraK

pokeboy
Years
  • Age 28
  • ohio
  • Seen Mar 29, 2020
Going to move this to the in-game team help section as that's where team advice belongs.

I'd suggest some different moves for the Donphan; there normal type moves aren't very useful. Earthquake (which iirc it would learn naturally later on) is a must. Maybe some rock type move too?

Typhlosion's moveset is pretty narrow sadly although say if you don't mind doing some Battle Frontier stuff Thunderpunch via Move Tutor is cool, and it has some useful TMs (EQ, Brick Break, Rock Slide, Solarbeam if you want to have a sun-theme too via Sunny Day, although that wouldn't help Gyarados much). Speaking of Gyarados it would prefer physical moves rather than special; ie Hydro Pump is less useful on it than Waterfall in most circumstances I imagine.
Thanks for moving, I didn't know where to put it, and now I know!

My Donphan just learned EQ. It has rollout, but I'm thinking I need to replace it with a move like stone edge or something along the lines of that. I'm going to try to get some stuff on Typhlosion too.

Thanks.

Back