• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wonder Trading

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I'd look closer at Kiloude. You might find some 5IVs among them. I have a good amount of the Dex now, so I agree, there's not much coming through that I actually need or couldn't breed, but I tend to keep stuff with Egg Moves or Hidden Abilities and finally started deleting some of the most common ones today. I still have a line of international Froakie with different setups, however, but 4/5 Bunnelby have been let go.

Also, what's the info on the Fennekin? If I don't have the setup, I might be interested.

I don't care about IVs lol if there are no EMs, B2W2 Move Tutor Sets (male-only), Special Ball, or Shiny, they get released. IVs are a 30min job.

That said,

I have twenty-four flawless 5IV4EM (Dream Ball) HA/non-HA Buneary and five 6IVs looking for my shiny. None yet, but I'm WT'ing four boxes of flawed 5IV4EMs of various genders and abilities. Hopefully someone likes 'em :P

Takes so long to WT, though.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I don't care about IVs lol if there are no EMs, B2W2 Move Tutor Sets (male-only), Special Ball, or Shiny, they get released. IVs are a 30min job.
I have a different opinion. If I can get a different OT, or especially a foreign, with 5IVs, it's more valuable to me than any 5IV I already have. If it's foreign, breeding that 5IV (male, let's say) with ANY compatible mate at 5IVs gives great breeding chances. If it's a female and something I want a Shiny of, same idea.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I have a different opinion. If I can get a different OT, or especially a foreign, with 5IVs, it's more valuable to me than any 5IV I already have. If it's foreign, breeding that 5IV (male, let's say) with ANY compatible mate at 5IVs gives great breeding chances. If it's a female and something I want a Shiny of, same idea.

Yeah, maybe lol I just don't want to bother with the box space.

I already have eight 6IV Dittos and the Oval/Shiny Charm. I get eggs a lot with just the "they get along" thing, so it's really not a big deal if I'm breeding and I have, say, Froakie and a male Froakie 5IV from someone else. I get enough eggs without that scenario.

To each their own, though :P I release 98% of what I get in return on WT, since re-WT'ing is against my "minimum 4IV4EM, or Rare Ball female" code.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
To each their own, though :P I release 98% of what I get in return on WT, since re-WT'ing is against my "minimum 4IV4EM, or Rare Ball female" code.
I have released a lot more today than in the past, and think it's time to start going through the 20 boxes or so I've set aside in my Bank for "maybes". I still have three miscellaneous boxes I haven't gone through. I put my Fly Pikachu in there; I better not lose that one (though I can clone another from Gen. V).

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
Honestly wonder trading is really irritating (common beginning pokemon all the time although I did score a Ho-Oh in one. Recently I've been taking all the stupid caterpies and weedles and evolving them and giving them decent tm and sending then back out.(Hopeing people just starting the game get them)

Years
If not for people spamming crap on WT, it is a really fun system.
Then again, the people who sent out bellsprouts may be kids, and not knowing anything about breeding and such

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 14, 2016
Had no clue what it was at first and I deposited my 53 Lucario and got a WEEDLE!! It's all good after awhile I learned to love it. I got 2 different types of Rotom and a Phione.

Akira Ichikawa

Pokemon Horder
Years
WT can be pretty great. I've had good days and bad days. Like yesterday I received a shiny Lickitung. I've also gotten a shiny Poliwag(lvl.1) and many high IV Pokemon. I'm not a competitive battler, but they're nice to have and fun to train. ^__^

It's always better to send out Pokemon that have good egg moves or high IVs though. I've even sent out a few shinies myself, although it makes me a little sad whenever the person I just sent it to's message says they want to trade something for the Pokemon I just WT'd them. Oh well. I sent it off, so I can't complain really. As long as someone is happy with what they receive, that's all that matters.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love WT. Sometimes I just sit and trade on it for hours just because it's fun. One of my best Wonder Trades was an Yveltal (I already had one) that I used to net some legendaries for Dex entries back when we didn't have Bank in America. My other good one was a shiny Corsola I got on the great shiny escapade of February 6th lol. I got six shinies that day and Corsola was the only one I got that wasn't legendary. Lady luck was on my side.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
So far I got a French Mewtwo(I traded my Yamask leftovers and now I have 2 Mewtwo's), Korean Cresselia(For a Luvdisc, I know, forgive me ._.), Japanese Phione(For Eevee leftovers), and a Shiny Plusle(I had it way early when I got my game lastmonth, but I just realized it was shiny a few days ago lol). The rest of the trades were mostly charmander leftovers... so many charmanders....

Years
I just got a LOT of good Pokémon, Wonder Trading my Riolu Breedjects. Including almost exactly what I just asked for from someone on here, A Female 5IV Impish Moon Ball Ralts! I AM SO HAPPY.
Also a perfect Buneary, 5IV Female Gastly, a 4IV HA Aerodactyl in a Nest Ball, a near-perfect Vullaby, and a Scatterbug(Not shiny) named 2nd Shiny. xD

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
while WT loveball Mareep leftovers from my breeding project earlier today, i got two shinies in a row: a shiny Jap. Latios and a shiny Marril. o.o

w00t!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 12, 2021
Past 3-4 days have been terrible wonder trading. Traded 4 boxes of 4-5 iv pokes, the best I got was a 5 iv pokabu and a 5 iv shellder, and there was a hacked giratina in there somewhere.

Maybe things will turn around over the weekend

Years
It's so entertaining, imo. Like, I toss in a random pokemon(Torchic, charamander, froakie, things like that), or something I've caught, and I end up in a cycle of trading until I find something that I haven't seen and like the stats of, really.
I remember when I first started using wonder trade, I kept getting like charamander, bulbasour, and other little starters and was like "HOLY MOTHER OF ****, what is this even, i am in love with you, amg" xD

I've gotten a few of my current pokemon I use in my team from it, and they have to be my favourite, such as my Dieno(who has since evolved,), Abomasnow(who is spanish lel), Houndoom and Carracosta(Tortuga before hand, but I worked my butt off to evolve the frigger).

I love it, and generally try my best to throw something nice in, as much as I can, seeing as I do a lot of breeding of starters, mostly in search of a shiny xD

Years
I think Wonder Trading is really cool. Yes you get a lot of 'meh' Pokemon (like those two Magikarp I got today. >_>), but sometimes you get some real gems.

Now if only I could get a Growlithe ...

Edit: Nevermind~ I got the Growlithe I wanted! As long with an Eevee. So that's pretty cool.

Last edited:
Back