• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
So I have just beaten the 8th gym badge and I am currently fighting the Elite 4. This hack is definitely one of the best. I have noticed some bugs but nothing that has really struck me as experience changing. For the most part everything works well enough to enjoy the game at a high scale. In case there is another version you are working on I will go ahead and post some of the bugs ive seen thus far.

-If you pass the 2nd gym and continue to head North and get a ride on the "Sideways Boat" lol, then you will be stuck without the 2nd badge unless you use the walkthrough walls cheat. Really freaked me out at first.

-There are many impassable spots that are actually passable. Not a big deal just makes for a less polished hack.

-metang family gives no experience hardly and neither does salamence. Again, not big of a deal, so far I havent came across too many of them.

-Some pokemon will get to level 40 (Electivire and Krookodile for example) and will immediately decrease in level to about 35-37. A little aggravating but its whatever. I am sure this isnt the only 2 pokemon it happens with either. Although its the only 2 I have witnessed it with.

-The first time you use dive and you dont have a pokemon equipped with it, it will read out the dialogue in what i suspect Portuguese. I am guessing this goes for all the dive spots when not equipped with a pokemon that knows Dive.

That is really the only things I can remember at the moment. Right now this is my team going in facing the Elite 4.

-Electivire (59)
-Blastoise (63)
-Deino (47)
-Jynx (49)
-Lampent (49)
-Abomasnow (43)

Probably going to have to train everyone up to level 55ish to have a chance seeing how I got to the 3rd Elite 4 person (Steel Type) and got my butt handed to me.

Thanks for creating an amazing hack. I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Leafgreen2itsmyidea

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013
MY TEAm!!!

This i my team for the third gym badge watch
Electabuzz 32
Charmeleon 31
Snorunt 29
Beautifly 29
Gyarados 30
Snorlax 29
Say what you think

Years
You need to go to Power Plant to find him.
Isn't the 7th Snowce? :P

If you're in Serenity, he's in the back of the Power Plant on top of the hill. He doesn't always spawn the first time, so just be patient.

If you're in Snowce, Lunick or Solana (forget which one) will stop you from entering the Pokemon Center to tell you that the gym leader is in Mt. Winter. It's easier to fly back to Serenity and start the whole mountain over since you have to talk to the gym leader twice.

-----------

Is there anywhere that has the learnsets used for the gen 4 and 5 Pokemon that were added? I would use Bulbapedia, but that wouldn't be entirely accurate, haha.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
hey, been playing this hack, but not that much, i have some questions, first, this may be dumb, but, is aura sphere in this game?, if not, can i have the permission to modify the game to add it and also the original cries of gen 4 and 5 pokes?, since, i practically don't like that much pokemon with unfitting cries, at least that's my opinion....
EDIT: well, also i was wondering, can someone give me some nicknaming tips?, well, i know this is kind of off topic, but, well, my nicknames are kind of ridiculous...well if you want to know my team, or my ideal team, it would be like:
-charizard
-swampert
-meganium
-hydreigon/salamance
-luxray
-lucario
so, if possible i want some ideas or tips for nicknaming the pokes i mentioned, any ideas or collaboration will be accepted...
EDIT2: well, this might be kind of dumb, again, but, i'm trying to insert pokemon cries from gen 4 and 5, and since my save is not that advanced in story progress, i would like to ask if someone who have plenty of pokemon, between them, the pokemon i mention on my previous edit, and also their preevolved forms, please....

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
So I have just beaten the 8th gym badge and I am currently fighting the Elite 4. This hack is definitely one of the best. I have noticed some bugs but nothing that has really struck me as experience changing. For the most part everything works well enough to enjoy the game at a high scale. In case there is another version you are working on I will go ahead and post some of the bugs ive seen thus far.

-If you pass the 2nd gym and continue to head North and get a ride on the "Sideways Boat" lol, then you will be stuck without the 2nd badge unless you use the walkthrough walls cheat. Really freaked me out at first.

-There are many impassable spots that are actually passable. Not a big deal just makes for a less polished hack.

-metang family gives no experience hardly and neither does salamence. Again, not big of a deal, so far I havent came across too many of them.

-Some pokemon will get to level 40 (Electivire and Krookodile for example) and will immediately decrease in level to about 35-37. A little aggravating but its whatever. I am sure this isnt the only 2 pokemon it happens with either. Although its the only 2 I have witnessed it with.

-The first time you use dive and you dont have a pokemon equipped with it, it will read out the dialogue in what i suspect Portuguese. I am guessing this goes for all the dive spots when not equipped with a pokemon that knows Dive.

That is really the only things I can remember at the moment. Right now this is my team going in facing the Elite 4.

-Electivire (59)
-Blastoise (63)
-Deino (47)
-Jynx (49)
-Lampent (49)
-Abomasnow (43)

Probably going to have to train everyone up to level 55ish to have a chance seeing how I got to the 3rd Elite 4 person (Steel Type) and got my butt handed to me.

Thanks for creating an amazing hack. I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

How the heck do you have Electivire? It seems everyone else who tries to use him gets a freeze in their game.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Wow, thats crazy. When I got mine he decreased in level by like 3 but its fine now. Game functions perfectly still.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Cool, I just beat the world championship. Now I am undergoing the tedious effort of catching the legendarys. It only takes about 500 ultra balls haha. I am really considering cheating and getting some master balls. So far I have accumulated The original 3 birds, Zekrom and the White one, And Ho-Oh. Working on Lugia right now. Starting to seem impossible to catch though! Oh I have also caught Aceus, or whatever his name is.

Years

Nah, Electvire is really bugged but his bugginess (dafuq I just typed? o.O) is like most of the bugs that appears in hacks, they don't appear always just like Electivire's glitch does not appear always.
No I meant My game never froze when Electabuzz evolved but still it went back 3 levels.. I know that's a common bug....

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I am the one who is thinking about that and about making a walkthrough of all the hacks I am currently supporting...
Good luck... you will need it, my friend.
The path that you might choose will be truly spectacular and difficult...
You may not get from it alive...

Okay, I'll stop being dramatical... what I wanted to say is that you will have TONS of work to do if you really want to do walkthrough on all the hack you support.
And if you really want to do a great WTG you need to cover every single detail and not miss anything =D
(Not to mention the fact that most of players will start complaining that some events might not work xD)

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
How do you get to Noormeak city?

I am at meridian city, I have dig, and i am next to the hole. it isnt asking me if I want to dig. How do i get to Noormeak city??????????

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
The game doesnt ask me if i want to dig. And when I go to my pokemon and use dig, nothing happens

Years
The game doesnt ask me if i want to dig. And when I go to my pokemon and use dig, nothing happens
Yeah bro you need to press A button on the hole and then you could dig into it.....

@Ash493: I am very touched by your statements... wah......:P
I got the idea by doing walkthrough's like Sky's.. You know I fet that was quite detailed and well informed..

Back