• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Sprites, angels, orcs, goblins, ogres, nymphs, Celebi, they can all be Fairy type. Even myths like the Minotaur (I want Minotauros), Icarus etc. We've had mythical and fantasy creatures in Pokemon before, like fairies (again, Celebi), god, even Japanese myths like Futakuchi Onna (Mawile).
Fairy type can and will work.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Faeries are the good guys. Pixies are the bad guys. That's how typical stories go, anyway.

Also, I read something interesting on Facebook, that Sylveon may be a "Magic" type because:

- It sports ties ("ribbons") and bows. Magicians wear ties and bows.
- Trailer moves feature cards, explosions and illusions. Magicians popularly use these tricks.
- Explosions would devastate ice, shattering it into pieces.
- Human Magicians would faint or die under poison.

Plausible, but there's also the idea that Light may be introduced, because sunlight could melt ice, too. Poison doesn't make much sense in this case, meh.

Regardless, I definitely think it's a new type now.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Faeries are the good guys. Pixies are the bad guys. That's how typical stories go, anyway.

Also, I read something interesting on Facebook, that Sylveon may be a "Magic" type because:

- Trailer moves feature cards, explosions and illusions. Magicians popularly use these tricks.

Plausible, but there's also the idea that Light may be introduced, because sunlight could melt ice, too. Poison doesn't make much sense in this case, meh.

That is an interesting theory. I'm against adding new types (isn't 17 enough?), but the theory behind Sylveon here makes sense given the new information.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Fairy would be a diverse type given all the myths and such out there, I do think if such a type were to exist it wouldbe a good type. Im not sure if this Fairy type is real as it's still unconfirmed but it seems that Sylveon is likely a new type at this point. Whatever it is, I have high hopes for it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

No...fairies were similar to demons in various stories. They'd attack villages, steal children to eat, torture humans for the sheer joy of their anguish. There were many fairy stories like that. Sometimes they are good sometimes they aren't. They vary in size, looks, and history. Some stories fairies are depicted as what we today call angels. Feather wings and all. Others they are depicted as demons. Fairy is also used ambiguously to group magical folk such as gnomes, brownies, goblins, and others like.

Only main common for stories is that metal can keep them at bay.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'm against adding new types (isn't 17 enough?), but the theory behind Sylveon here makes sense given the new information.

I'm not too fond of getting a new type either, but it seems more and more to be the case if we look at the information we have on Sylveon. I just hope it doesn't change up the type chart too much, since it has a pretty good balance as it is now. Although Ice getting a new weakness is going to suck a LOT...

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
"She was strong against Ice, so they tested if she was Steel by attacking her with poison type – She wasn't resistant to it, in fact, it was super-effective against her!"

Poison was super effective. And it isn't Grass. So This confirms it as a New type, doesn't it ?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's Fairy type. The insider's details were proven true today.

The insider's info on Fairy type is wrong though.

Sylveon is Fairy Type.

She is Strong against Ice. None of the Fairy type leaks have Ice listed anywhere on there. So the insider information is wrong as far as Fairy type is concerned.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm glad the Fairy type rumors are debunked, but I'm curious where the information for Sylveon being strong against Ice are coming from. If anything that could mean it'd be a Fighting type like a lot of people initially thought. Of course I might be missing information for all the types it's strong against though.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
If Sylveon is fighting type... That would just be ABSURD. But She can't be because isn't she confirmed weak to poison? We REALLY need poison to be strong against something anyway, as it's currently one of the worst types due to having one type advantage. Honestly the fairy rumors seem so legit, being weak to poison makes a lot of sense with pollution and stuff like that, but I am stumped on being strong against ice. I think it Sylveon is 100% a new type, I mean she has to be... But right now speculating is all we can do, as we will not know for sure until GF confirms it, which is hopefully SOON.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Smash confirmed, by testing the host dressed as Sylveon, that:

Sylveon is not a fighting type, because she was bad with nunchucks.
Sylveon is strong against ice, because she managed to break a block of ice.
Sylveon is weak to poison, because she couldn't stand the stench of a flower.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm glad the Fairy type rumors are debunked, but I'm curious where the information for Sylveon being strong against Ice are coming from.
From a certain program aired at 8 a.m. every Sunday morning in Japan. This particular fact stems from the most recent episode, in fact.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Okay I went back and saw the Smash info. So all we really have left now is either Rock typing, a reworking of the type chart, or a new type all together. Can't see I'm pleased with any of the three possibilities to be honest. I feel like the type chart is perfect as it is right now, so why rework it or throw another type into the mix just for the sake of doing it? If it was Rock typed I'd be the happiest, but it really doesn't seem plausible either. I guess this is pretty much the only thing I'm disappointed with =/

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Okay I went back and saw the Smash info. So all we really have left now is either Rock typing, a reworking of the type chart, or a new type all together. Can't see I'm pleased with any of the three possibilities to be honest. I feel like the type chart is perfect as it is right now, so why rework it or throw another type into the mix just for the sake of doing it? If it was Rock typed I'd be the happiest, but it really doesn't seem plausible either. I guess this is pretty much the only thing I'm disappointed with =/

Rock isn't weak to poison so Sylveon can't be rock type without revamping the type chart so its either Type chart revamp or new type.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
They made it so acid (poison) will erode rock now? That'll be nice. I hope that's it, also how funny if Sylveon is rock, that was the least expected type...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Doesn't the pokebeach revelation (the source correctly revealed the english names in advance) very strongly point towards Sylveon as a Fairy type now?

It's looking more and more likely every day.

Back