• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I can't believe there isn't any Capture/Evolution/Release thread here !!!!
Well , We all know what to discuss here !!!!
Its obvious that Ash going catch a Froakie .
Spoiler:

Those 2 cat seem Marketable , May be Ash can catch one of them .
As for the ''Dinosaur'' Pokemon Up above right corner , Ash catching that One , Definably!

Last edited by a moderator:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
I think he will catch Froakie and in some point of time Chespin an Fennekin, and possibly Swirllix and Bunnelby because it looks like it would suit him.
Oh and i guess he will catch a Fletchling because he does that every season.....

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I heard rumor about another Eeveelution & Some guy giving Riolu with Lucarionight !
I don't know about Another Eeveelution , But I always believe Ash should catch a ''Lucario'' ever since Movie -8 : ''Lucario & the Mystery of Mew'' !!
My Believe become even stronger in The episode call ''Pokemon Ranger : Rescue Riolu'' .
I mean , Ash had a telepathic connection with that Riolu.

Oh and i guess he will catch a Fletchling because he does that every season.....

Ya , That kind a disappointed me !
I wanted Ash to catch a pokemon similar to Arcanine like Pyroar .
I don't believe Ash will catch all 3 starter all over again.
I hope Ash doesn't catch a Gagoat !!!
It doesn't suit Ash , it suit Serena !

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
New Topic-

-How long you think it will take for Ash's Fletchling evolve ?

-What move You think Ash's Fletchling will learn before & after evolving ??

-What Move Froakie will learn beside Water Pulse & Water Shuriken ???

-Should Ash catch a Chespin or Pumpkaboo ????

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
Untill the second gym or so
I dunno

Well I hope froakie learns bubble beam

And I hope he catches a chespin

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
It seem there are various Vivillon of Different color .
I wonder if Ash get to catch one of them .
Spoiler:

After all , Ash didn't caught any Pokemon that has diiferent form.
May be , Ash should catch that type of Pokemon he haven't caught yet rather then catching the same type of Pokemon.

Numbers

Say my name
Years
I reckon Ash's team for the region will be:

Pikachu
Froakie --> Frogadier
Fletchling --> Fletchinder --> Talonflame
Chespin --> Quilladin
Pancham (It may evolve if his Frogadier evolves)
Tyrunt (I originally had this down as evolving, but I'm not sure it will. If it does I can see it not obeying commands for a while, because it's programmed to think of itself being the king of Pokemon and thinks it shoudn't have to listen to anyone)

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I wonder if Ash can catch 6 pokemon this time.
I mean , Gen VI has only 35 new pokemon so even 6 kalo pokemon feel too much for Ash.
Ya , You count evolution then their 69 new Pokemon in Kalo.
I think Ash might catch another Gen pokemon this time .
However , I believe he should catch the type of pokemon he haven't caught yet .
Such as Steel , Ghost , Psychic .
There is chance that ash might be getting a Lucario who's a steel type.
And since Ash isn't Catching Chespin so its good chance to give Ash a Ghost/Grass Pokemon.
Only an Idiot writer would chose Skiddo for Ash specially when Skiddo suits a racer like Serena.
So , If Ash catch a Meowstic & Carbink then he will officially have all type of Pokemon.
663.png
658.png
711-s.png
703.png
448-m.png
678-f.png

FYI : I prefer the Male Meowstic because that way the 7th gym battle would be fun where Ash facing the supporting Male Meowstic against the attacker Female Meowstic.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I don't see Ash capturing a Lucario. Talonflame and Frogadier and Tyrantrum though, I believe in. Possibly Greninja. Tyrantrum would become his Charizard of the region, while Frogadier would be like a smooth, smart main battler. Vivillion would be cool, but I have a feeling they'll let Serena catch that instead just because girly :/

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I don't see Ash capturing a Lucario. Talonflame and Frogadier and Tyrantrum though, I believe in. Possibly Greninja. Tyrantrum would become his Charizard of the region, while Frogadier would be like a smooth, smart main battler. Vivillion would be cool, but I have a feeling they'll let Serena catch that instead just because girly :/

There is a chance that Ash might catch Lucario since Korrina give one of her 2 Lucario to the player in XY game after the player learn about Megevolution.
Plus Mega Lucario appear in Opening instate of ''Mega Blaziken'' who happen to be the first Megamon in the Anime .
So it feel like ''Mega Lucario'' might have bigger role then ''Mega Blaziken'' .
Not to mention , ''Mega Lucario'' appear right after all Ash's Pokemon were showcased.
Plus , Lucario meant to be catch by Ash after the Anime showcase Ash's Dormained ''Aura user'' ability .
Ya , Ash has Charizard for Megevolution but I think Writer might wait until ''Pokemon Z'' come out before giving Ash ether ''Mega Charizard X'' or ''Mega Charizard Y'' .
After all , Charizard might get another Megevolution call ''Mega Charizard Z'' in Pokemon Z.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, that's true! Didn't think of that, but the fact that Mega Lucario appears in the opening certainly speaks a possibility of him capturing one.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I'm just keep wondering what grass type Ash will catch since he isn't catching Chespin !!!
Gourgeist is better choice but I can't shake the feeling that Ash might Skiddo instate
However I prefer Gourgeist over Skiddo because-

-Its part Ghost type which Ash still doesn't have .

-It looks more marketable then other Ghost/Grass type . Writer can make more cute Pokemon filler with this Pokemon because it doesn't lose its charm even after it evolution.

-It has different size so it give Ash the opportunity t enter a battle Tournament/Festival about differents size Gourgeist .

-The Grass Gym-leader signature Pokemon happen to be a Gogoat . Plus Alexa has a Gogoat and she will appear with it a lot . It Ash has to have any pokemon similar to her team then it should Noivern Or Noibat.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Actually, him getting a Noivern and a Gourgeist sounds very plausible.

Pikachu - Tyrunt - Froakie - Fletchling - Noibat - Gourgeist. Totally acceptable team. He might do an Unova and rotate a team of more pokémon though. Such as Lucario :p

Years
As of right now, I'm thinking

Pikachu
Froakie----> Frogadier ------> Greninja
Fletchling -----> Fletchinder -----> Talonflame
Lucario (They've been teasing us about it forever. Plus Korrina's silhouette's bigger than the other gym leaders' which is telling me that she will have a pretty decent sized role)

Tyrunt (Looks like an Ash pokemon)

Espurr -----> Meowstic (male) I think it would be interesting to see Ash work with a support-type pokemon as opposed to an attacker. Plus the shipper in me would like to see it on screen with Serena's (if she were to get one like she does in-game) female Meowstic.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
For far , Ash caught very speedy pokemon .
But if team get full with speedy Pokemon then Ash will be vulnerable.
Therefore , Ash should catch a Pokemon that has less speed but more defense & Power.
Anyway ,
The first thing Korrina say in game-

"Wait! Lucario!!!"
"Sorry about that! Are you OK? I was doing some special training with my Lucario when all of a sudden it dashed off... Hey, Lucario! What's going on with you? Did you get drawn in by this boy's/girl's/ aura or something?"

It make me want to believe even more that Ash might get a Lucario from Korrina.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I really want Ash to catch one of the two fossils for a change. Maybe they could make an episode where he finds a fossil and resurrects it? I don't know, Tyrunt and Amuara both are good picks.

I don't know about Noibat, but he would certainly be acceptable with a Dragon type... after GIble I'm sure all of us are expecting more.

Lol Lucario is a bit unexpected because I don't know about him catching already fully evolved Pokémon (Noctowl was pretty cool but still) so that's certainly a new dish.

How about temporary/releases? Aaand what are the chances he will have more than one starter Pokémon again?

Trick or Treat!

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Ash got his Pokedex from Prof Sycamore right so if he catchs more then 6 pokemon then those pokemon will go to Prof Sycamore lad .
Too bad Prof Sycamore , look's like Your lad will not get any Pokemon from Ash !!!
Because Kalo has only 35 pokemon (69 Pokemon with evolution) So I not seeing Ash catching more then 6 pokemon .
After all , If Ash catchs all the cool Kalo pokemon what will his rival get to intimidate him.
However if Ash does catch more then 6 pokemon then I want-

-At Hand
025.png
663.png
658.png
711-s.png
697.png
678-f.png

-At Prof Sycamore lad :

448-m.png
668.png
405.png
210.png
703.png
OR
707.png

However it unlikely That Ash will catch that many ''Good Pokemon'' !!!
However , it would be cool if Ash catch 6 different Pokemon from 6 different gen and send to Prof sycamore lad.

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
If Ash obtains a prehistoric Pokémon, I would prefer Aurorus. I don't really think he'll get one, though. It would be a nice little change of pace but prehistoric Pokémon are rarely seen in the anime. I'm pretty sure Ash will use some of his Pokémon from previous series because of how many past Pokémon were in the games. Someone will have a Pamcham/Pangoro, I'm sure of it.

@Famon: If Ash gets a Meowstic then I could see Serena getting one of the other gender. Talonflame is likely but I don't know about Greninja. I'm thinking that Froakie will evolve into Frogadier at best. The other two I'm unsure about. Same goes for the Pokémon that will be sent to the lab.

[Css-div=width: 150px; height: 54px; font-size: 20px; background-Image: URL("https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhH4n9ibDDS6Mv51WhzVZmWNtdrK_9fh6q8v1a8AwAvoef1ZQwAnXsq4rU8Q"); background-size; 50% 50%;]Trick or Treat!
:P
[/CSS-div]​

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I wonder how long it will take for Ash to have a megamon !!!
I mean , No kalo pokemon can megevolve and its unlikely that Ash will bring his Oaked pokemon before reaching the league .
So , Plus Charizard might have another megevolution so its wise to wait until ''Pokemon Z'' to come out before chosing a Megevolution for Ash's Charizard.
But its not to wise to stall Megevolution until ''Pokemon Z'' come out .
So , If Ash going to master megevolution before the league then he has to capture another gen pokemon in Kalo.
Lucario's chance rise even more.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
So , If Ash going to master megevolution before the league then he has to capture another gen pokemon in Kalo.

Or, he could use a pokémon he has already caught. This would allow an old pokémon to make a turn without him realistically catching a high-level pokémon. It would also be possible that Garchomp joins Ash at some point too.

I don't think Ash will have a mega-pokémon for a while. I also hope it's not Lucario, and only Korrina will have one in the anime.

Back