• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
1. Yeah Yggdrasill is a pretty cool character despite his fashion sense, one of the few enemies that could actually beat me at the time except during the final fight in the Great Seed chamber when I could inflict more than 1 HP of damage on him, a lot more lol. Maybe if he had something like what Org 13 or Akatsuki wore he would be more intimidating even though he did scare the **** out of me numerous times and no I will not lie about that lol.

Don't think I remember seeing the king of Tethe'alla too often in the OVA, I remember the pope being a real a-hole in the games though that's for sure.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Well... the first two... three times you face him it's literally impossible to beat him. In fact, if you actually happen to last long enough, the battle simply cuts off, in all of Yggy's battle except the last one.

hnnn...

Charlemange - The King - Jesus

.. Yeaaah. Definitely getting more of a Jesus vibe from him.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

Totally lost in this conversation, but oh well XD;

Hehe, as soon as I get into another LJ RP I'm already reserved for yet another Pokemon-based one. And even though it's fandom only for now, it lets me play a Platinum!Lucas/Kouki! Also I know one of the creators and she's using the banner I made for her <3 Oh and apparently she got the layout from Taco, and speaking of Taco I wonder if she forgot who I am XD; So many things going on through my mind o3o

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
5. Holy ****ing crap he is Jesus lol.

And that's actually a very good point Donny, now that I think about it he could be prancing about like a chip n dales dancer and still be just as terrifying to the uninformed gamer about to face him for the first time. Manged to last long enough to that point in the 2nd fight with him although I received a tougher challenge from Kratos by far. That particular battle for me lasted at least over 2 hours with all of my revival gels and healing gels used up since I had about 80 to 90 of each by that time and was reduced down to Lloyd and Zelos by that time since I shaved off only 1 HP per strike against him. I believe the team I was using against Kratos was Llyod, Collete, Raine, and Zelos and around level 40 per character by that point. And yes I know I was a noob back then lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Isn't he? xD

All this Symphonia talk makes me want to turn on my game. On my quick runthrough (x10 EXP on Normal. Not trying to see how quickly I can beat the game, or else I would be farther, lolol), I'm going to be beating the Tower of Mana, and then doing all the Undine stuff before heading to the Tower of Salvation. Think I'm... 5-6 hours in? I forget. My sister and I still need to restart the next official file (which I am to eventually complete everything in the game, like titles etc etc. Think all I have are some titles, and figurines), which may or may not become the Kratos file.

depending on that layout, i might have been the one tho have given the layout html to taco.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

All the Symphonia talk just hurts my head X_X But that's more or less because I haven't played the game in ages so I have no idea what's going on XD; /silly me, why did I even think of voicetesting Lloyd then

I should be going to bed, but eh. I still feel awake o3o

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
8. Actually now that I think about it my memory of TOS is pretty crisp even though it's been 5 years by now.

The main blades I had Lloyd use at the end of the game were the Angel Tears, Kratos in the final fight was a complete and utter pushover especially with Rising Falcon and all my of Sword Rain hybrids, and I fought 3 interesting characters in a colosseum in Tethe'alla who went by the names Meredy, Farah Oersted, and Garr who I fought and defeated with Lloyd, Genis, and Presea.

There was also a hidden fight with the final summon spirit whose name I forgot but he was an old man on a flying saucer who spammed meteor nonstop, the Skull Dancer fights, the annoying as hell mazes in Ymir and Torent not to mention Latheon Gorge and most of the areas where you got the Tethe'alla summon spirits especially the dungeon where you fought Celcius, a particular mini side quest which had you find some girls at a beach which was the only thing stopping me from facing Kratos at Torent at the time, and teaming up with the Renegades to stop the rogue Desian Rodyle, ah those were some good times lol.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I always know what's going on when it comes to Symphonia! /shutupataraeveryoneknowsyoureasymphoniafreak

At the end of the game, I liked using the Paper Fans for the most part. If not, then the Ninja Blades (forgot its specific name) that you get at the top level of Vinheim. While the swords that Lloyd at the Colosseum gets are stronger, I don't like their design at allll. The Paper Fans however are hilarious, and the Ninja Blades are a gorgeous black/red. But omg! Raising Falcon, and the Sword Rain moves are my loves when it comes to Lloyd. As well as Tiger Rage. As for the Cameo Match, if I remember correctly I was usually low-leveled when trying to face them. hurrhurr.

About Charlemange, Dondon?

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

Mmm, this person in Bakuman reminds me of Matt Engarde from PW:AA2. Innocent at first, but cold and calculating in reality.

/only thing she can talk about right now 'cause of what she said before about not being able to join in on the ToS convo. ^^;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
13. The cameo match was amazing, one of the best fights I had on there barring Yuan & Botta and of course the Summon Spirit fights near the end of disc 1. VInheim sounds very very familiar along with Tiger Rage although I remembered I still spent weeks trying to figure out how to get into Nibelheim before I remembered it wasn't in the GC version. My personal favorite swords that Llyod used were the Flamberge and Vorpal Sword along with the ninja blades he got in Mizuho. Once I got Rising Falcon and most if not all of the Sword Rain Hybrids along with other hybrid moves like Beast, Tempest, and Tiger Blade, I was nigh unstoppable by then. If only I was that strong earlier on though like with Latheon Gorge for example. Lol I heard of the Paper Fans but was more focused on the Colosseum matches at the time haha.

And I keep hearing Bakuman almost everywhere I go yet I have no idea what it is at all lol.

And I haven't read King Arthur since 7th grade, not a bad book though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I learned last Semester, least in Humanities, that I enjoy learning about the Greeks and stuff in AD. After Jesus is born and eventually dies (or "dies", whatever) though, you've completely lost me.

Matt Engarde... was interesting to say the least.

And no. nonono. We're not going down that path again. nonono.

Oh goooood. The Yuan and Botta battle on my 1/2 EXP on Hand run took three flippin' hours for my sister and me to defeat. So when we got to the dragons, we were all 'SCREW THIS' and went down to normal so we didn't have to suffer. Tiger Rage would have to depend on which side you were on with Lloyd, as the default side of his if you don't put on any EX Gems or just his Personal is the side without Tiger Rage. Vinhiem is basically Mithos' Castle aka the place you go to right before you go and defeat him. As when you mention Nibelhiem do you mean the Book with the extra two bosses? Because you can actually access it! You just have to do a few things before getting access to said book. The Eternal Blade is indeed amazing, and... if I'm remembering right, the ninja swords he got in Mizuho were the ones with the Lightning Attribute? I know you get swords with the Lightning Attribute sometime around that time. With me and Lloyd, I basically spammed Tiger Rage + Raining Tiger Blade over and over again on my enemies. I'm going to try to change that with this new file of mine though, hahaha.

The Paper Fans, and all the other lulzy weapons you get after you rebuild Luin!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

I honestly tried reading Death Note but found it too boring, but Bakuman's quite the opposite. Maybe it's just because it's an interesting slice-of-life series? XD; I started reading it on a whim, so hey.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
16. Oh yeah I remember Luin now, the town that got wasted by the Desians led by Kvar and where you recruited Sheena. I remember the little rebuilding sidequest too but I never got around to finishing it.

I know your pain too when it comes to Yuan and Botta Peachy, they weren't too hard until Yuan started using Indignation and I couldn't get out of the blast zone in time, I usually went after Yuan first and foremost due to how dangerous that spell was, and yes the dragons were a royal pain in the ass particularly the ones that flew around which I believe was right after you killed Rodyle and Mithos came in with Aska. I loved the fighting music in that battle though. Oh yeah I thought it was Welgaia for a second there TBH lol.

Now the EX Gems I don't remember all too well, I usually went with using different playstyles like with Sword Rain and Sonic Blade on the same moveset until I unlocked a move like Sonic Sword Rain, and Raining Tiger Blade is amazing. Wait I might remember Tiger Rage now but just barely. Yeah the ones with lightning protruding from the blades were what I was thinking, pretty useful at the time too when I believe I was in a set of mines to get something for Altessa, something to do with Presea's Exsphere.

Funny thing is though the Angel Tears had a higher attack boost than Flamberge and the Vorpal Sword lol, used them against Kratos in the final fight against him and beat him in about 30 seconds hahaha.

Nice! Now Nibelheim I've been dying to go into back then especially since you got to face Yuan, Angel Mode Kratos, and Mithos all at once in one of the boss fights. Maybe I'll be fighting them in Mania mode too, that'll be a blast hahaha.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

Aaaaaand this here will add to the number. I apologize, but at this point the Symphonia talk is really starting to bug me ._.; I mean I guess I should stop posting here for tonight, but still.

...At the same time, I guess a part of me wishes others would reply to what I have to say. Looks like I still haven't gotten that kink worked out yet, haha ^^;

Years
18. Let them geek out over Symphonia. It'll eventually fade out if they get bored of it.

I can't really comment on Bakuman or Death Note because I've read neither manga and the DN anime is very hazy in my memory, save for certain moments.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
18. My apologies, I'll shut up now lol.

But for some very odd reason now, Lost Odyssey is starting to remind me of TOS more and more especially with Grand Staff being very similar to the Tower Of Salvation not to mention some of the characters like Seth and Jansen remind me an awful lot of Sheena and Zelos respectively. And the first fight with Gongora is kinda similar to the first fight with Yggdrasill due to the outcome not to mention both of them are very very powerful in their magic. I'd have to say that Kaim is more similar to Kratos than Lloyd by far though just by personality and age alone and that both Kaim and Kratos are immortals as well lol.

And I'll be going to bed now.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years

I always thought VMs/PMs were better ways of talking about this stuff~? :3 Even IMing works wonders! Or, in my case, Plurk lets me choose what I do or don't want to read. I guess that's another reason why I like it so much XD;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back