• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bleach Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
One would need to achieve bankai to become a captain right?
Well, to become a Captain you have to, I believe, either kill the previous Captain (which is how Kenpachi did it, so he doesn't need a Bankai) or be suggested/approved by a majority of the Captains. I'm not sure if it is stated that you have to have a Bankai. Someone could find out, though?

In that case, I wonder if Kira and Hisagi could really pull it off... Even though they're obviously gifted, we know that (continued in spoiler)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

And in other news, I got the rope for my waraji for my cosplay today. I'm gonna start working on it now.

After that, I'll upload pics of them finished, and work more on the banner.
Nice, can't wait to see them.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Well actually I remember there's three ways to become captain... But one way, which is killing the previous captain, isn't really helpful in "filling empty captain seats" because it would keep the total captain count the same...

So it's the captain exam which requires bankai or the reccomendations, where 6 captains must specifically recommend you, and at least 3 of the rest must approve... But that way I just mentioned may or may not require bankai... But you know, Zaraki is the only one who doesn't have bankai... Yeah...

And I'm about 1/4 the way through the first waraji sandal. takes a while. XD

Sosuke Aizen

Aizen
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 30, 2010
I can't wait to see the costume!
...Speaking of captains... Which captain do you like the most(including former captains and captains in filler arcs)?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
Well actually I remember there's three ways to become captain... But one way, which is killing the previous captain, isn't really helpful in "filling empty captain seats" because it would keep the total captain count the same...
Spoiler:

So it's the captain exam which requires bankai or the reccomendations, where 6 captains must specifically recommend you, and at least 3 of the rest must approve... But that way I just mentioned may or may not require bankai...
That's 2, where's the third? Unless I misunderstood/cannot count to 3.

But you know, Zaraki is the only one who doesn't have bankai... Yeah...
He isn't?

I like Mayuri and Urahara. Also Kenpachi. He's walking badass..

Last edited:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Everyone knows Urahara was a former captain. It was revealed during the soul society arc. No need for spoiler tags I don't think. (He was also shown in the 12th squad version of Houkiboshi as a captain...)

Tosen already defected so it probably doesn't count...

Anyway my favorite captain as you all know is SHIRO-CHAN!!!

But I have some other favorites. Here's a list of the current top captains on my list. (The content and order tends to change over time though. lol)

Toshiro Hitsugaya
Kensei Muguruma
Kisuke Urahara
Seigen Suzunami
Yoruichi Shihoin
Shinji Hirako
Shusuke Amagai
Isshin Kurosaki
Byakuya Kuchiki
Jushiro Ukitake
Shunsui Kyoraku

Umm yeah. I know it's almost all of them. XD

Anyway Amagai isn't in spoilers because he's in the next episode and his name is in the arc title. Plus we've already talked about that arc outside of spoilers... And I mean come on. It's the next episode anyway.

Sosuke Aizen

Aizen
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 30, 2010
Tosen counts. XD He was a former captain, right? Even if they were captain for one day, they were still a captain. =P

...Does anyone play an instrument? I play the flute...
It's really difficult to find Bleach sheet music for the flute, unfortunately. =.=;

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
Everyone knows Urahara was a former captain. It was revealed during the soul society arc. No need for spoiler tags I don't think. (He was also shown in the 12th squad version of Houkiboshi as a captain...)
Eh, I was just being careful. Thanks, though, I fixed it.

Tosen already defected so it probably doesn't count...
*Shrug* I wasn't being really serious about it, just mentioning the technicality.
Spoiler:

Tosen counts. XD He was a former captain, right? Even if they were captain for one day, they were still a captain. =P
Hmm, yeah, true. Though I don't think many people would object to him being a Captain regardless if he
Spoiler:

What a way to be off topic
It's really difficult to find Bleach sheet music for the flute, unfortunately. =.=;
And now you're on topic again XD.
Anyway, I vaguely remember playing the recorder from... 5-6 years ago. Oh, I can also play the keyboard, but it will only work if its plugged into my monitor and computer. Otherwise, it won't work.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
I play the clarinet and a little piano. I've recently been trying to figure out some Bleach songs on the clarinet. (Along with some other anime songs such as Sakura Kiss, For Fruits Basket, Yume no Tsubasa, Eternal Snow, and Marukaite Chikyuu.)

I'm currently trying to figure out Sky Chord, Tabidatsu Kimi he, and Houkiboshi... I usually learn anime songs by ear, and then I write my own sheet music for them...

If anyone wants me to figure out a song for them and transcribe it I can probably do that. But since this is the Bleach fanclub I will only take requests for Bleach songs. And please don't take it personally if I can't do it... I've only transcribed music once. XD

Anyway the banner is going well and so are my waraji. I'm nearly done with the banner but the waraji are still far from done. XD Seems it took most people at least six hours for one shoe. Well I better get working!

Years
Edit: Here they are. There some stuff I think needs some revising but meh...enjoy

I didn't give much of a discription of the attacks and I had also thought of more attacks :3. I still have draw and get my bankai up.

Ah, thanks :P
I've seen quite a few of fire zanpakto.... I'd like to see how your bankai would turn up =D

Well for now, I'll let you pick a seated position of anything below captain.
I'm sure you'll be able to work up to captain pretty soon though. :)

Well, this is probably the most unique zanpakuto I have ever seen.
I think if Keiri saw your zan's spirit form, he'd be anooyed just by the way he looks.
Keiri can be insensitive sometimes though, so don't mind him much. xD

Ah, okay, thanks XD
I'll settle for 3rd seat for now.

Heheh, thanks. XP
I think if Keiri shows any signs of annoyance at the Joker, he'll retaliate by annoying Keiri even more. XD

Thanks! But I'm an experienced Captain, like Zam.

Wow, that is just awesome. Definitely, like Zam said, one of the most unique Zanapkutou I've seen. I don't think I'll look at a deck of cards normally. Fights with/Against you sure will be unpredictable.

Me too

:P thanks
It sure will, mainly because I won't know what element will pop out in battle. XD;

Haha. That's a great zanpakuto! I'm jealous.

Right now...I'm trying to imagine floating cards in the middle of a battle field. Xx;

Heheh, thanks XD

That's 2, where's the third? Unless I misunderstood/cannot count to 3.

minchan listed down 3.
See the underlined ones. I think you must've missed the 'or' there.

So it's the captain exam which requires bankai or the reccomendations, where 6 captains must specifically recommend you, and at least 3 of the rest must approve... But that way I just mentioned may or may not require bankai... But you know, Zaraki is the only one who doesn't have bankai... Yeah...

Actually... There's been a debate lately whether Aizen has bankai or not. His shikai alone is powerful enough, he could've made the other Captains believe he has bankai, and what with the Hogyoku in his hands.. But we didn't think of it likely for Aizen to deny any more 'upgrades' to his power... lol.

I play the clarinet and a little piano. I've recently been trying to figure out some Bleach songs on the clarinet. (Along with some other anime songs such as Sakura Kiss, For Fruits Basket, Yume no Tsubasa, Eternal Snow, and Marukaite Chikyuu.)

Marukaite Chikyuu, XD Hetalia ftw~! Though it's been a while since I last watched that...

I'll prepare my Squad banner while I have time now... XD

EDIT - I edited my zanpakto details with Japanese stuff. Thanks Zam :)

Last edited:

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
Ah, okay, thanks XD
I'll settle for 3rd seat for now.

Actually... There's been a debate lately whether Aizen has bankai or not. His shikai alone is powerful enough, he could've made the other Captains believe he has bankai, and what with the Hogyoku in his hands.. But we didn't think of it likely for Aizen to deny any more 'upgrades' to his power... lol.
Ok I shall add you as third seat of Squad 13.

Yes, I am one of those who wonder if he actually has a bankai. Well anyway here are the three ways to become a captain, as detailed on the Bleach wiki...
  1. Captain proficiency test (隊首, taishu): A test which requires the ability to perform Bankai. Presumably, most Shinigami become captains using this method. At least three existing captains, including the Captain-Commander, have to witness the test.
  2. Personal Recommendation: To have personal recommendations from at least six captains and approval from at least three of the remaining seven.
  3. Trial by Combat: To defeat a captain one-on-one with at least 200 witnesses from the captain's division. Kenpachi Zaraki is the only known current captain to have achieved his rank using this method. This method is seen as being the exceedingly rarer of the three as well as the least refined. The method is commonly looked down upon by some captains as barbaric compared to the other refined methods. This method also allows one to bypass having the mastery of Bankai or other possible abilities that a captain would otherwise be required to have knowledge of, as it allows no judgement from captains who would require those skills as a prerequisite to join their ranks.

Years
Ok I shall add you as third seat of Squad 13.

Okay, thanks. And thanks for the translation as well. XP

I forgot to answer this one:
Favourite Captain-

Hmm... Originally, it was Hitsugaya. Then after I met Unohana, I began to like her more instead. XD; I mean, she could be, you know, the calm, modest kind, but once you unleash her 'anger side', you'll see how scary she gets. XD Even Shunsui is afraid of her.

And... Kensei as well. :P Rose, too, has become a recent favourite. His ability is sorta cool, and his mask is pure awesome.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
I can't wait to see the costume!
...Speaking of captains... Which captain do you like the most(including former captains and captains in filler arcs)?

My favorite captains are Byakuya and Zaraki :3. I like Head Captain Yamamoto as well mainly due to him having a fire type zanpakuto. I really don't like any of the previous captains that much :/. Well, Urahara and Yoruichi are cool.

Wow and I thought I was random
The instrument I play is the pencil. There is no better instrument to help an artist draw a picture x3

Ah, thanks :P
I've seen quite a few of fire zanpakto.... I'd like to see how your bankai would turn out

Thank you and fire is my favorite of the elements. According to this birthday chart I found in the back of a Rave Master manga my born attribute is fire :D

I feel a bit off topic now xD. I will try and begin work on my bankai immediatly. I don't think I'm captain material, maybe I will settle for a seat or lietenant :/. I will decide. Am I the only one not in a squad yet D:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
I think she meant a MUSICAL instrument. XD XD XD

...I wonder how a new captain would be decided if somehow all but one or two captains died... That would totally suck but I wonder if at that point there would be no more than two captains left at any given time? Since according to the rules, you must either kill the previous captain (which would keep the amount of captains the same) or have some sort of acknowledgement from at least three captains. (In reference to the two non-lethal ways of appointing a new captain - in both, at least three current captains must give their acknowledgement in some form.) It's been bugging me for a while about how things would go if something like that were to happen... Despite the highly unlikeliness of the event. ^^;;

Fire is my favorite element as well. That's why Tsuyokin (my zanpakuto, in case you didn't bother to check it out yet) is partially a fire-type zanpakuto. She's also a kido-type. =D

Oh, and just today, I realized that they actually hinted at Ichigo's lineage quite early on in the series. It's after he lost against Byakuya and Renji when they came to arrest Rukia. In episode 19, during his training with Kisuke, Zangetsu mentiones that the powers Ichigo obtained from Rukia have disappeared, but that he has his own Soul Reaper powers... It's a blink-and-you-miss-it kind of subtle hint, but if you're going through the series again from the beginning after at least getting through the arrancar arc (or at least chapter 186, which is in volume 21), when Isshin's identity is revealed, you'd probably notice it if you pay close enough attention. The next part of my explanation will be in spoiler tags because it contains spoilers. (Why else?)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sosuke Aizen

Aizen
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 30, 2010
I was thinking something along the same lines about Ichigo and Isshin!

Um...I kind of got lost in the conversation... =.=; Xx;

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
...I wonder how a new captain would be decided if somehow all but one or two captains died... That would totally suck but I wonder if at that point there would be no more than two captains left at any given time? Since according to the rules, you must either kill the previous captain (which would keep the amount of captains the same) or have some sort of acknowledgement from at least three captains. (In reference to the two non-lethal ways of appointing a new captain - in both, at least three current captains must give their acknowledgement in some form.) It's been bugging me for a while about how things would go if something like that were to happen... Despite the highly unlikeliness of the event. ^^;;
Well, I think it would depend on who the two remaining captains were, like if one of them was the Captain-Commander. Also, the Central 46 and Noble families might play a part in appoints new captain in such a case. Obviously the conventional means of appointing captains would not be strictly used until more captains could be appointed.

I feel a bit off topic now xD. I will try and begin work on my bankai immediatly. I don't think I'm captain material, maybe I will settle for a seat or lietenant :/. I will decide. Am I the only one not in a squad yet D:
Well if you can post what you already have done (e.g. zan name, spirit detail, shikai details) using the form on the first post, then I'd be happy to appoint you to any non-captain position in whichever squad you'd like.

And no..you, 22sa, DXrobots and Omer are all still pluses.

(I went and re-added all the user bars to the first post. They some how got lost before. xD)

Last edited:

Sosuke Aizen

Aizen
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 30, 2010
Hey, how do you create this thingy?
S1sign.png

I'm confused. ;_;

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
minchan listed down 3.
See the underlined ones. I think you must've missed the 'or' there.
Ah, right, I see, the dreaded "or".

Spoiler:

1. Captain proficiency test (隊首, taishu): A test which requires the ability to perform Bankai. Presumably, most Shinigami become captains using this method. At least three existing captains, including the Captain-Commander, have to witness the test.
  2. Personal Recommendation: To have personal recommendations from at least six captains and approval from at least three of the remaining seven.
  3. Trial by Combat: To defeat a captain one-on-one with at least 200 witnesses from the captain's division. Kenpachi Zaraki is the only known current captain to have achieved his rank using this method. This method is seen as being the exceedingly rarer of the three as well as the least refined. The method is commonly looked down upon by some captains as barbaric compared to the other refined methods. This method also allows one to bypass having the mastery of Bankai or other possible abilities that a captain would otherwise be required to have knowledge of, as it allows no judgement from captains who would require those skills as a prerequisite to join their ranks.
Ah, I see. I thought the test and the Personal Recomendations were the same thing. My mistake.
I think she meant a MUSICAL instrument. XD XD XD
Oh, right, well I guess I can just play the recorder now.

Here's what I think of the matter:
Assuming, say, a large army came and wiped out most of the Gotei 13 before being completely destroyed themselves. I think that the strongest people left in each squad would initially be made Captains for the sake of having enough Captains for the work. Alternatively, those that come from a Royal Family would be made into Captains (because, chances are, they'll be strong enough to be at least Lieutenant ranked). After everything has been settled down, then, by the process of being beaten (not necessarily being killed) by other people, or by saying "this person is stronger than I am" new, stronger Captains will be placed.

...I wonder how a new captain would be Oh, and just today, I realized that they actually hinted at Ichigo's lineage quite early on in the series. It's after he lost against Byakuya and Renji when they came to arrest Rukia. In episode 19, during his training with Kisuke, Zangetsu mentiones that the powers Ichigo obtained from Rukia have disappeared, but that he has his own Soul Reaper powers... It's a blink-and-you-miss-it kind of subtle hint, but if you're going through the series again from the beginning after at least getting through the arrancar arc (or at least chapter 186, which is in volume 21), when Isshin's identity is revealed, you'd probably notice it if you pay close enough attention. The next part of my explanation will be in spoiler tags because it contains spoilers. (Why else?)
Spoiler:
[/QUOTE]
Hmm... It could be a connection. I'm not entirely sure if Kubo would have made that connection as early as the beginning (since I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Aizen wasn't initially the villain, it could be that Isshin might not have been a Shinigami at first). Though, of course, only Kubo can say whether or not it's true.
Spoiler:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
I'm excited for the Bleach simulcasts on Crunchyroll. They start Tuesday!

Since Bleach will be simulcasting from now on, does that mean no more spoiler tags for things that have at least happened in the anime? Since Crunchyroll is a legal anime streaming website...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
I'm excited for the Bleach simulcasts on Crunchyroll. They start Tuesday!

Since Bleach will be simulcasting from now on, does that mean no more spoiler tags for things that have at least happened in the anime? Since Crunchyroll is a legal anime streaming website...
Simulcasts? What are those? *Goes to Crunchyroll* Okay, so let me get this right, every week, Viz will subtitle the Bleach episodes and they'll be legal to watch on Crunchyroll? Awesome.

And you only spoiler things that haven't come out in the US. I think we will still have to spoiler the manga that has not yet become an anime, but if a Bleach dub still airs on US television, then I think the rules will stay the same.

But I suppose that's for Zam to decide.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Well starting Tuesday, it will be legal to watch the newest episodes of Bleach in the USA. They're gonna put up the current season from the beginning as well. So anything from that season could probably be out of spoiler tags, but it is up to Zameric... Of course things that happen in the brand new manga chapters will be in spoilers though...

But to watch the brand new episodes, you need an anime subscription on CR. It costs money, but it's really not that much. I have the membership so I'm covered, but if you don't have it you will need to wait one week for the new episode...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back