• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with plot for Phoenix Wright fanfiction!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Hey everyone! I'm in a bit of a tough spot trying to plan out a fanfiction, and I was hoping for some help! Comments, suggestions, tips, and anything else you have to offer would be appreciated!

Let me tell you my issue first, and then I will go a bit more in-depth with it under a spoiler.

ISSUE RESOLVED FOR THE MOST PART.. BUT OTHER ADVICE IS WELCOME
I showed this to Vendak on PC and he actually helped me iron it out a lot. I guess for anyone else in my situation what I can tell you is to roughly write out the possibilities and where they might lead. For me it was on characterization. He convinced me that.. the stronger the feelings then the more motivation they'll have to do what they do. I thought this was brilliant: sure you see a lot of M/M fanfictions.. but not many that result in unspoken feelings. And what if they're not exactly aware of their feelings, and when they become aware, they suppress them? Isn't that what happens in real life anyways? There's a reason to pit them together, to make them in uncomfortable situations, to try to pull apart and when they need to work together with butting personalities.

I think the problem was.. that I was talking to people who discouraged M/M fanfictions, and were therefore not really open to the idea when I asked for advice.. leaving me in a rut (they just sorta said "I don't know") so.. for anyone else in this situation, I advise trying to find people who are encouraging of any genre or people who are willing to give you ideas that you probably didn't expect.

Anyways.. it's going to filled with funny awkward romantic situations that aren't really even romantic.. Well here's an excerpt from the middleish of revised Chapter 1:
As it turned out, the men did not end up going to Tres Bien that night. The Feys remained back at Hazakura to take part in a ritual for Misty Fey, and Franziska said something about alcohol consumption being foolish. Maggey also wasn't waitressing that night- she had unexpectedly given Gumshoe a call to apologize for a mixup in her schedule. With a bit of persuading from Wright, the men decided that a pub was the perfect place to kick back.

So there they unwound: two of them were enjoying a beer but were not quite buzzed yet, and the third simply occupied himself with a glass of lemon water. Whereas the other two were quite at ease, Miles seemed to be quite unsettled in such a loud and gaudy venue, and was having some difficulty relaxing. However, the three of them toasted to a well-ended trial and beckoned a server for another round of drinks. It only made matters worse for Edgeworth when their waitress approached and began to hit on him.

"Any food for tonight, boys?" the woman addressed the table but gasped when she glanced over in Miles' direction, "Oh! I know you! You're that Demon Prosecutor that's in all the papers!"
Miles flinched, "I'd prefer it if you didn't use that term."
"The name's Ann O'Ying, and don't be shy, honey," her voice went unnaturally breathless as she eyed him, "I am sure, that with your looks, it must be because you're a.." she cooed, "a real Demon in the bedroom."
"WHAT?!"
Phoenix smirked deviously, and tried his best to suppress a laugh, "I hear some say he is."
"Wright," Miles muttered, trying his hardest not to show his frustration, "You are completely out of order!"
God, Edgeworth, lighten up. You're too easy to tease. As much as Phoenix liked to see Miles squirm, he inherently picked up on the other man's immense discomfort, and decided not to take the joke further, "But we'll save his sweet loving for later. Right now we'll just have another round, thanks."
She seemed slightly irritated when Wright intervened; she very likely wanted a chance to cajole Miles Edgeworth into offering her some of that (so called) sweet loving.
"That'll be all, Miss O'Ying," the blue suited lawyer stared her down, fully unperturbed.
The woman took her cue and sauntered away. Uneasiness left the table, and it was then that Miles picked up and swigged back Gumshoe's drink. Phoenix wasn't sure if it was just the bitterness of the brew that made the other man shudder.

ISSUE BELOW FOR REFERENCE
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back