• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark breathed in and out heavily before explaining what the deal was. It wasn't that he had committed some crime... maybe... Snype could explain the situation alot better but from Mark has seen, Mark figured he could do an explanation just as well as Snype could. He gave off a smile and decided to spill the beans in a cheerful matter.

"So get this, apparently Snype and Thyme have a thing for eachother. Snype wanted to go see Thyme while she was at the Pokemon Center... apparently, something happened down there and Snype decided to sneak Thyme out of the Pokemon Center so she wouldn't be stuck for the entire trip. Now they're staying with me. I doubt Thyme would want me telling Bri about this... so for now, She's pretty much hanging out with Snype for now. They've been well behaved thankfully..." Mark explained to her. He trusted Valorie well enough to let her know about things... after all, it really wasn't all that bad. Sure Thyme was supposed to be in a Pokemon Center but she seemed fine now! A bit of exercise and she seemed good as new.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Thyme

"Oh, by Arceus, you are a blockhead! I thought the point was to hide the fact I'm not yours!" Thyme said irritatedly to Mark. Idiot human. No wonder the only one she really cared about was Brian. She sat down in the seat and glared at Mark, for being a complete and utter moron, and at Val, for being to perceptive for her own good. And honestly, how could someone that perceptive not notice what was going on with the boy right next to her? Humans... The masters of the world... Bah! As if! She could outsmart any of them on any given day!

Brian

Duster said nothing and curled up next to Ciel. She looked at Rama and stuck her tongue out at him.

"Heh, I was born on Oak Island... I've never even seen a train before in my life! But you don't see me making a big deal about it," Duster said with a smirk. Bri smiled at them before turning and pressing his nose against the window. He was so far off the ground! And the view would only get better once they started moving!

"Trains are so cool! I read a book about a train once! Erm... I kinda forgot what it said. Oh well... Have you ever been on a train Skye?" Bri said a tad bit exuberently. He knew better than to ask Ciel anything. He was likely having a panic attack. The best thing for him right now would be to be left alone.

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2011
A little Raltz started making its way down the coach, seeming to explore curiously, going up to random people and Pokemon and patting their legs or shoulder, smiling cheerfully before moving onward. Its not that Gale didn't know the meaning of personal spa-or wait... no, no she didn't know the meaning of the concept. She was still pretty young and only recently just started walking upright a few days ago, so she was a curious little bugger.

Unfortunately for her Trainer, this meant he had to keep her in sight at all times, and by the time he managed to get free of the guards and saw her get on the coach, he managed to dash aboard after her. Now that he was on the bus, there were so many people and Pokemon that it was trying to find a single Combee and a full hive of em.

"Excuse me, have you seen a little Raltz?" he would say to a group of people before moving on down, "Little Raltz, wears a white scarf...?"

He was at one end of the coach, pretty much pestering everyone if they saw Gale. They would just point him further down the coach. Gale however looked up at a girl who seemed a bit worse for ware and scuttled over to her, it didnt know what she was talking about to the boy named Vince, but it could feel that she was stressed. Perhaps she needed a hug! Well Gale just sat on Sel's foot and hugged her leg just above the ankle, making a small cute squeek of sorts.

"Kyu~!" >^3^>

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie listened to what Mark had to say. So this was Brian's snivy, Thyme? Valorie just sort of looked down at Thyme and Snype. ...They had a /thing/ for eachother? Valorie honestly didn't see it. Grass snake? Gem gremlin? Huh. Yet... Nowhere in this story was there any indication that Mark had asked Brian. That was what bothered her most out of all this. She would have been /peered/ if someone took her pokemon from out from under her nose. What if the nurse back at the school found out? She was somewhat uncomfortable, to say the least. The principal had been quite clear that causing trouble whilst at HoTa would result in severe consequences. Yet... she didn't want to rat Mark out. Was Brian on the trip? He must've been. It was a trip for everyone. What if he saw? Valorie's expression turned frustrated as she tried to think.

"O...kaaay..."

Valorie turned her gaze back on the seat in front of her. She didn't know what else to say. No she definitely did not support pokemon going off on heir own adventures without their trainer. Pokemon were their friends. Most importantly though,they benefited from eachother! Valorie had read a study somewhere that showed that pokemon literally became noticeably stronger in the presence of their trainers. Not only that, but very few pokemon possessed intelligence on the to a human.

Valorie paused for a moment. Dratini and its evolutions were one of those few.

Valorie couldn't help it. She started thinking about why Snype and Thyme might like eachother. She supposed they were pokemon. Now that she thought about it, humans had a /really/ narrow compatibility range as far as who they'd normally fall in love with. Namely, other humans. Meanwhile pokemon fell in love cross species! She supposed it was just because pokemon and humans were on opposite sides of the fence, so to speak. All pokemon could talk to eachother. Meanwhile humans could only talk to humans... generally speaking anyway.

It occurred to Valorie that they lived in a pretty weird world. Regardless, all this thinking about love could only go to one place, Selene and Mark. Valorie still didn't know what to say to Mark. For now she figured she'd just avoid the topic until it became necessary... /if/ it became necessary. Selene on the other hand... Valorie was tempted to make a venomous snark about narrow compatibility, and yet even though she was just thinking to herself she immediately felt as if what she had felt tempted to do was wrong. She needed to be... patient. She needed to not give up. Sure, the kiss had gone really rang wrong, but giving up wasn't the answer, right? Valorie just hoped with great anxiety that it wouldn't take too long for them to get back on friendlier terms.

"..."

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Skye thought back. Did Elesa's weird roller coaster thing count? Probably not. "Eh... nuh-ho," he replied after a moment. "Theh-heh cluh-cluh-closest thuh-thing wah-has a buh-bus." He thought about it for a few moments and gave up. He added then. "Our huh-house ih-his a wa-harehouse and theh-here's a broh-broken train track outside."

"Yeah it used to run..." Rama added. "All the new technology kind of ended that." Ciel made an odd sort of noise in his throat. It wasn't in response to anything. He just made it. Maybe he was trying to talk to them. WHo knew?

Megaman765

Years
Mark

Mark scratched his head nervously. As long as Thyme was alright he wouldn't have to worry too much about Bri getting mad... Snype would be the one to explain though Mark did play a little part in it... no he wasn't going to blame his Pokemon. This was his problem as well. Valorie seemed to be stuck in her own thoughts at the moment... Mark didn't want to ask her about it though... He looked over to Valorie and simply gave off a friendly smile to her.

"Well, I hope the field trip is fun. Wonder what they'll have there? What do you think Val?" He asked.

Snype

Boy Thyme was mad... well Snype did like that about her. She did know her nicer side anyways. He wasn't one to insult his own Partner though.

"Heh, Well I guess its more of both. I guess that dosn't seem to matter right now though. As long as we behave in the expo!" Snype said.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme let out a small yawn, and her rage melted a little bit. She glanced over at Snype.

"Humph, if only these two could understand what I was saying... I wish they would understand just how bored I was stuck there. And that this was all my idea. Ah well, I suppose I should be thankful they can't, because they would know the insult's I've been muttering at them both... I hope this is fun too, if someone doesn't wreck it for me," Thyme said, casting another glare at Val and Mark. She shook her head. She was still a little ticked, but not so much anymore. Just so long as Val didn't send out that stupid fire lizard, she would be ok.

Brian

Bri smiled happily. The only thing cooler than riding a new train would be exploring an old broken one! Unless... What if it was dangerous? Bri was already sick of getting himself and his friends and pokemon hurt.

"That must be cool being able to explore all those interesting places! The only thing near my house is the Pokemon Center a few miles down the road. Nothing fun near there. The forest is crawling with too many bugs and stuff," Bri said, making a face. He shook away the memory of the forest battle. That had been one of the scariest times. He still could not believe that he had been the one to go after Vince... But who else could have? Everyone else was down except for him and Mark. And Mark had to get the others to the pokemon center. Well, that was over. He wondered what else was in store for him. Hopefully nothing bad. He glanced over at Ciel a moment. That had been an awfully weird noise...

"You alright there Ciel?" Bri finally asked. He was looking at Ciel with a concerned expression on his face. Duster looked unperturbed as she simply lay next to him, dozing off a little bit.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Ciel made the noise again. Then he managed a word. "Okay..." He was making himself look silly, he knew that, but... He remained very quiet again as Chika left her ball. She stared at him worriedly, floating nxt to his seat. She let out a soothing croon. He almost smiled and reached to pat her spiky head. The Togetic cooed again, enjoying the attention.

Skye nodded. "Muh-host Nacrene cih-cih-cih-citizens lih-hive ih-in wah-harehouses. Buh-Burgh, ah-hastelia's Gym Luh-Leader vih-hists often. Ih-hit's fuh-fun. Ruh-ruh-rarely dah-hangerous."

"Except for the ghosts," Rama cracked.

Dawn

Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie leaned back in her seat, relaxing some. Her mind was back where it had been before Mark had cheered her up, but she didn't blame anyone for it. It wasn't anyone else's fault her life seemed so painful to her, was it? Perhaps she could blame it on those school bullies, but then some people thought she was a bully. She really didn't want to believe that though. Yet, what was she to do? She felt kind of lost, and the only person she might've been willing to talk about this with was pretty upset with her. Valorie's expression turned into that of a grimace. It seemed like it would be an eternity before she ever got the chance to do anything except feel sorry for herself. Sure, there was moving on, but she just didn't feel like she could make herself do it. Simply moving on was a daunting course of action at this point.

"I'm not sure... I just hope we get off this train soon."

She was getting anxious just sitting there. Regardless, there was nothing she could do but hope that the train reached it's destination soon. She glanced over at Mark again, Swinub beginning to sniff around, occasionally moving about on Valorie's lap, as he was no longer being petted.

"I guess you saw Charmeleon evolved... Trapinch evolved too, and so did Axew."

She just sort of casually brought Mark the news. The latter two had evolved whilst fighting those students on board the boat. It wasn't a story she wanted to get into. Given, Trapinch had evolved twice since Mark last saw her. She had evolved pretty quickly after her first time. Valorie wondered how close Dragonair was to evolving. Did she /want/ Dragonair to evolve? ...She supposed Dragonite tended to be smaller than Dragonair, yet she missed the days when she could hold Dratini in her arms. Why did she miss those days? Valorie couldn't put her finger on it. Perhaps... Perhaps it seemed like her time with Dratini as a dratini had flown by too fast? Yet, a pokemon couldn't just un-evolve. At least, she didn't think they could. It was about then that Valorie realized she /needed/ help. All of this was overwhelming her on her own. This revelation was kept quiet, though. She would... have a chance to ask someone for help. She just needed to be patient.

Joint Post between PkMnTrainer Yellow and Lunateix

MacKenzie

As Annalise was trying to doze off, she would suddenly find a very strangely dressed older student helping herself to the seat beside Anna. The girl appeared to be wearing glasses, and judging by the fact that her eyes were /purple/, contacts too. She had solid white short messy hair hidden under a large, poofy black hat. That hair was... not naturally that color, of course. She wore a sleeveless orange shirt with a white trim and a flared collar. Her pants? They were purple and flared. They were popular... several decades ago. On top of it all? She was wearing socks with sandals; striped socks. It was MacKenzie. With little regard for any awkwardness she gave off she proceeded to lean back in her seat, taking on an excessively relaxed position by folding her arms behind her head. Only then did she glance over at the somewhat tired looking girl next to her. "Sup?"

Annalise

She had drooped eyes, low as her breathing began to slow. She was beginning to remember as she drifted off to sleep; her brother's pokemon, entrusted to her as she managed to become a shining star in a village of no children. The girl had her hands placed atop her bike shorts, her head slightly rocking to the window before her thoughts were startled by the peculiar girl who sat next to her and in quick fashion, she blinked. "E-Eh?" she uttered as she sat up. A tinge of red went to her cheeks as she realized someone near her age was speaking to her and she immediately bowed out of respect, only to bounce her head into the seat in front of her. "....Owwww..." she moaned as she rubbed the spot, leaning back into the seat with a groan. First contact ruined, she had no idea what to do.

MacKenzie

MacKenzie just sort of watched Anna with a lightly bemused expression. She was too chill to laugh or mock...openly anyway. No promises about what she's thinking in her head though. With no respect for personal space MacKenzie proceeded to spread her arm over to Anna's seat, resting it atop the headrest. In doing this she leaned very slightly towards Anna. "You look like you could use a cup of coffee."

Annalise

"E-Eh?" She said again...."Coffee?" She stifled a yawn with an adamant pose as she sat up, trying to rest back on the seat only to realize.....there was a chunk of arm there and so she stiffened up and leaned away. "I-I'm sorry," she apologized, just a bit confused on how to react. Should she get upset and demand her own space or is this just the right amount of respect to a teenage stranger?

MacKenzie

MacKenzie's arm was of course not physically in the way of one leaning back. It was on top of the headrest. Regardless, she removed said arm to reach back over and produce a thermos. "Yup! It'll help you focus and stay awake. It also tastes pretty good, if I do say so myself~" That thermos was now being held out and showcased to Anna, almost as if she were being offered a sip. Was she? Goodness only knew.

Annalise

Annalise found herself....confused, but gracious. Her eyes closed as she bowed to the girl again, this time mindful of impending doom from other seats and she smiled warmly. "F-For me?" She asked. There was a mindset in the girl, to ask permission for things even if they were hovering right in her face. Compounded with the fact that this girl was the first to her age she was even having a
*conversation with and she found herself delving back to her old reserved, polite attitude. "If so...I thank you. My name is Annalise. Annalise Alouise Ashner. I-I'm pleased to meet you."

MacKenzie

MacKenzie just sort of glanced at the thermos for a moment. The thermos, or the human. Huh. Tough call. After a moment she would further reach out, handing the thermos to Annalise. "Yeah, sure. You look like you need it. MacKenzie didn't ask why the girl was so tired. Goodness knew she didn't consider it her problem. "MacKenzie" MacKenzie just sort of gave Anna a questioning look, as if momentarily taken aback by being given a full name. Regardless, she went on. "Quigg" MacKenzie then regarded the complement with only the most mild smile. She was too hip to let the fact that she enjoyed such things show all that much. "Thanks."

Annalise

She held the thermos in her hands, the feel something she was already committing to memory. Her warm smile persisting. She tilted her head to the side, raven hair skirting the back of her head as she graciously accepted the new information of a name. She put a hand to the bag on her waist and soon produced a small cloth and habit took over, she wiped the outer rim before removing the top and in quick fashion, she cleaned that as well before pouring some of the drink and accepting the heat and life of the liquid in a gentle sip. She didn't go too far, however and she was only sipping like the liquid was a scarce commodity to be treasured. After a few tastes, she looked to the other girl and nodded, "Thank you for your company as well...I think you are the first person I have had a conversation with."

Megaman765

Years
Mark

"Yeah I saw. Charizard huh? Well you got a pretty handy with you know with alot of power to boot. Geez I remember when she was a Charmeleon... that was quite a scene huh? It was a good thing Snype was so good with communicating... or that could have gotten ugly." Mark said. Snype gave off a large smile fairly proud of himself for helping out with the problem that day.

Snype

Snype chuckled and put his arm around Thyme. "Aw relax! It'll be plenty of fun with me around! If they weren't so strict with punishment I'd recommend being a bit more adventurous when we get there. Getting Mark expelled isn't a risk I'm willing to take though." Snype said. He looked back up to Valorie and Mark. He remembered Thyme's idea for using attract... it could be crazy enough to work... maybe later though. He would signal Thyme when it was a good time... or if Snype got sick of waiting and just wanted the two to get together.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
Sake walked into his dorm. "Raikou" he said looking at the plaque above the double doors. Sake opens them and finds his bunk saying "Markus Stale". He sighed and realized he hated his surname.
He was the bottom bunk. He went to the grey locker and put most of his things in there. He looked around until an announcement boomed "Time to go to the dock." He grabbed his pokéball and an empty one. He wasn't planning on any battles against wild pokémon, but just in case.

He ran to the boat, looked around and saw many pokémon. He went to the boat and handed in his ticket and started off. He brought out Eevee to play. …........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Finally they arrived.

He stood in line for the security checks. Sake passed the security guard Eevee in the bag and the bag went by the metal detector. "Zipp" it made this noise suddenly. A ranger came out of nowhere "What's metal near your bag?" Sake looked down at his bag's zip. "Erm my metal zip." The ranger sighed, then passed the women on his right Sake's bag. She checked it and nodded at the ranger. Sake stepped through the detector with no beep and was given his bag back. He walked to the train and got on.

Nideous

Years
Brian

Despite the fact that he had fought off a lot of ghosts. Despite the fact that one of his best friends had a ghost, and that he himself did as well. Depite those facts, Bri still shuddered a little. He couldn't help it. It was an irrational fear, but he was still afraid of ghosts.

"Eh... The ghosts I can do without... But that sounds really cool! I... Think... Hm..." he said, then fell silent, deep in thought. A glance outside brought him back to staring out the window. This was a pretty cool thing. Maybe the field trip wouldn't be so bad after all.

Thyme

"My god! That... That thing evolved! Bah! Stupid fire lizard! Anyways, what was that Snype? You already helped me escape, do you really want to risk getting in more trouble? Seriously! Brian is going to freak if he finds out, and you want us to go off wandering by ourselves? You'd give my poor human a heart attack!" Thyme said. She shook her head when she noticed Snype had put his arm around her. She returned the gesture and glanced at Val and Mark, daring them to comment.

Dawn

Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie just sort of stopped. ...How did Mark know that Snype /talking/ to Charmeleon saved the day? It wasn't like Snype could tell him. The only thing she could figure was maybe Brian had something to do with that. She had never known, though. Regardless, she wasn't going to pester him about that. It wasn't important. Then again, maybe she should be pestering about it. It could be another one of those secrets. Valorie had something different on her mind, though.

"Yeah... she really calmed down when she became a charizard. Like, she's a lot less, y'know, now. It's pretty weird."

Valorie then delved back into her thoughts. There was all that angst about recent events, and then there was Charizard acting like a rational pokemon. Suddenly, the thought occurred to her to ask Mark about evolving regret. She didn't know why, but the thought that maybe she shouldn't have evolved her pokemon so fast was bugging her a bit.

"You ever get the feeling that-..."

Valorie looked at Snype. No, of course he didn't. Snype either couldn't or hadn't evolved. That was the only thing she could've compared it to.

Megaman765

Years
Mark

"Feeling that...?" Mark replied. He didn't know where she was going with this though she did look at Snype for a moment. Snype seemed to be enjoying his time with Thyme... he had his arm around her and everything. They already seemed really close. Mark was a bit envious. He pet Snypes head and smiled. "Heh, looks like you two have been busy while I've been gone eh?" Mark dared to comment.

Snype

Snype snickered a bit as he leaned a bit closer to Thyme. "Hehe, Aw comon, I wouldn't dream of giving Bri another scare like that! Don't worry about it Thyme I'll be good." Snype said. He noticed Mark made a comment on the two being together... he snickered once more and waited for Thyme to react.

"Heh... think we're tempting them?" Snype said, still hoping they would just go off and confess they liked each other sometime soon.

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
"Yuh-hou shuh-hould neh-never guh-go to the Ceh-Ceh-Celestial Toh-hower," Skye commented softly. That was well known for its ghosts. Skye had never been there but his father had told him once that he would like it there, for some reason."

Rama shrugged. "You would probably get used to it after a while. Actually I hope you don't. You'll en up like him." He pawed his human, his tone holding a fair bit more bite than usual. He wasn't angry at SKye, he was just still miffed that he had to get in a Pokeball. It was going to grate on him for a while. Skye wasn't too bothered, still petting his Pokemon.

Ciel mumbled. "Don't visit my home then." His town was crawling with ghosts.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Calnith:

The red haired trainer sat alone in one of the coaches listening to other students talk and laugh. He hated this trip already and it really hadn't started. His mind was on his two pokemon that had left him he wondered where they were right now and if they were doing alright.

He then remembered what they had left him to go do, Taylor! Calnith was going to destroy Team Rocket if it was the last thing he'd do. So maybe this school would help him get stronger to beat Team Rocket. He wasn't going to start there he'd start his own team and then show the world his ideals. But first he would have to become strong enough to take on anyone here to beat any champion of any region.

"I'll do it and show them all!" Calnith growled to himself as he then looked to Kento's pokeball in his hand. He then smirked thinking of how his Croagunk might enjoy the challenge of taking over the entire world!

Vincent:

Vincent noticed how it seemed Selene didn't want to talk about what happened with Val so he was just going to drop the subject. His thoughts went to what were they going to do on this trip? Something about the corporation behind this just didn't seem to settle right with him.

<What you thinking about Vince?> The Zorua asked on his shoulder as he brushed his tail against Vince's cheek. Xack had almost completely forgot about Shade and freaked out a bit when the bushy tail rubbed against him.

"Oh nothing Shade," He responded as he then looked to Sel. She seemed a tad upset about something and he wanted to cheer her up.

"Hey Sel what do you think we're going to do on this trip? Hopefully something awesome right?!" He asked as Shade the jumped into Sel's lap and then laid down with his tail snuggling his face. The Zorua too was anxious to see what they were going to do.

Nideous

Years
(OOC: Snype snickered a bit as she leaned a bit closer to Thyme. You're doing this just to mess with me aren't you? :P)

Thyme

Thyme simply glared at Mark. She shook her head and waved her free arm dismissively at him. She wasn't about to let him spoil her... Wait, she wasn't in a good mood. She glanced at Snype a moment before answering.

"I know you won't. I'd kill you if you did. Heheheh, maybe not. But I would be very angry. You wouldn't want to make me angry, would you?" Thyme said. She stuck her tongue out at Snype and looked between Mark and Val.

"It's kind of funny. They feel the same, yet they can't see it. And I would tell them, but they can't hear me. Maybe seeing us will make them think. Though, that's rare, finding a human capable of thought," Thyme said quietly. She looked at Snype, and grinned brightly at her him.

Brian

"End up like him? What's wrong with him?" Bri asked, not catching Rama's tone. He made a mental note to never go to Celestial Tower or to wherever Ciel was from. He thought a moment. Why was he terrified of ghosts, and yet the two he knew he liked. When they weren't trying to scare him that is. His hand creeped down to Leena's pokeball. He wondered if he should let her out. Duster had fallen asleep next to Ciel. Hm... Leena would probably go around trying to mess with everyone. Better to leave her where she was until he had time to himself to talk with her. This was very overstimulating. It was all Bri could do to keep himself from quivering with excitement. Leena would be impossible to deal with right now.

Megaman765

Years
(Ooc: Blame my sleepyness :D I totally didn't just edit out my previous mistake. Nope! Haha... *runs*)

Snype

"Hmm... yeah... I wonder how they would act if influenced under attract... Maybe just a little bit, not full force or anything like that. Kehehe... though I'd feel kinda wrong forcing their emotions like that. I doubt it would work out in the end if we resorted to tactics like that... still I'm curious enough to try it..." Snype said. Maybe Snype and Thyme would probobly give Mark and Valorie an idea of what to do... Snype scooted a bit closer to Thyme and put his cheek against hers, sighing contently. He gave a little glance up to Mark...

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Rama grinned. "What isn't wrong with my human? He has me!" This last statement was made affectionately as he rubbed against Skye's scratching hand. Jolt snorted as he exited the Pokeball. The Jolteon scratched one of his ears.

"I'm inclined to agree," murmured the fox. "It does indicate a lack of sanity on your part Skye." Skye didn't really care, glancing out the window. HE was wondering how much longer it would be. He almost wished he had skipped. Almost.

Ciel peeked up a little. "Lavender Town is full of ghosts," he said softly. "But most of the time, they stay down. People visit a lot so they can't scare them too much."

"Not to mention they fear your mother," Raph commented quietly from the side. He was peering at Skye, who looked at him curiously. The ghost glared and the younger tilted his head, as if challenging him. Rama glared at the ghost, tempted to blast the specter out of existence. He wasn't sure of the consequences of that so he didn't dare try.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Selene

Greenery, bushes and trees were giving way to a more barren, concrete lay of the land, by which Selene assumed they must be drawing even closer to Saffron City. The idea made her stomach perform somersaults in her abdomen slightly...if anything, this made the whole Academy experience that much more real. Living on an island provided no end of beautiful scenery or inspiring views, but after a decade and a half one could become disillusioned to said landscapes and yearn for something a little different.

You didn't get much more different than the sprawling metropolis of Saffron City. This...this was Selene's life now. Cities, towns, glass, concrete, skyscrapers, Pokemon...actually making something of her life.

All these thoughts could quite easily have scared Selene out of her seat and back to Four Island had she had the opportunity to dwell on them further and allow them to take their full development – though brave and bold Selene also had somewhat of a fear of the unknown, and things so great she couldn't even imagine them – but luckily for her Shade chose that precise moment to jump into her lap.

With a jump, Selene's eyes snapped down to the Zorua on her lap, hands spread wide outward as her whole body tensed and pushed backwards into the seat. Her breathing calmed and her whole posture relaxed as the Zorua curled up and covered his face with his tail, drawing a small smile from Sel as she hesitantly reached down to stroke the soft fur of Shade's tail. She'd practically forgotten that this was the Zorua who took on her form and mimicked her well enough to freak her out completely...almost.

"I don't see how it can be anything less than awesome," grinned Sel, turning her attentions to Vince as he spoke. "HoTa is one of the biggest companies ever apparently...their name had even reached my island, which is a feat seeing as half the population of Four Island don't even know of the existence of Unova yet," she rolled her eyes and grinned, omitting the fact that she herself only learned of Unova's existence on arrival at the Academy. "I daresay we will be seeing things that...we never have or ever will see again. We're very lucky to have this opportuni-"

She trailed off, eyes turning back out of the window as she noticed the coach passing through what could only be described as a huge gateway for vehicles. There was darkness, punctuated by dim light, for a moment as the coach passed through under the bridge, and then bright sunlight that made Sel narrow her eyes automatically for a moment.

Saffron, they had arrived.

"WE'RE HERE!" she exclaimed loudly, grabbing Vince's arm in excitement and practically leaping out of her seat, doubtlessly unsettling Shade in the process. As the coach slowed, crawling through the streets of Saffron, Selene heard the excited chatter of the students growing around her. Releasing Vince's arm, Sel pressed her palms against the window and looked out at the people and the City of Saffron, who were watching them with wide eyes and curious faces, children waving being held back by cautious parents, elderly men sat outside houses with pipes watching the sleek silver beasts cruise past them until...there were no people.

"This must be the exclusion zone," said Selene thoughtfully, looking backwards out of the window and as she had suspected, seeing police lines cordoning off the streets. Shrugging slightly – heavy security could only be good for them of course – she turned back around and grinned widely as the coach stopped suddenly. The door at the front of the coach opened and the figure of Lt. Surge appeared up the stairs, standing at the front of the bus and coughing loudly.

"ALRIGHT QUIET. We have arrived at our destination. I require you all to leave the coach in an orderly manner, and line up calmly by the side of the bus on disembarkation. Understand? Now, let's move out!" he instructed before descending the steps of the coach, the orderly departure he had commanded turning into what could only be described as a free for all, as students clambered over each other with growing volume in desperate bids to get out to see the famous HoTa Corporation.

"Let's go shall we?" smiled Selene, waiting for Vince to get up seeing as he was sat in the aisle seat. Not really feeling climbing over Vince to get free, Sel decided that it would be easy enough to wait for him to get himself up. It wouldn't take that long...surely...

Brogan
The chatter around her was nauseating. It was so loud, so...excited. Why were these children so excited? It was only...oh, of course. For these people it wasn't only HoTa Corp at all – the biggest buildings they had seen were probably the ones hidden away at the Academy, and they did only have each other to socialise with...what a pity. Surely that should be outlawed, stunting the growth and development of children in such a way...

In either instance, it would seem as though they had arrived, given that the people lining the streets of Saffron had vanished and the coach was slowing through the streets of the exclusion zone set up by specialised police units. With a sigh, Brogan stood and sauntered through the aisle towards the front of the coach, smirking slightly to herself as heads turned, chatter hushed and tongues lolled with eyes watching her the entire way down the coach.

Out of the corner of her eye, Brogan caught sight of a fire-red head of hair sat alone...the face to match with a furious expression looking down at a PokeBall. She slowed considerably, recognising this boy as the one who had followed herself and Mackenzie in the Mountains...the one who seemed to be intent on causing trouble with people and then trying to make them think he was "nice," whatever that word meant. She did not like him one bit.

Stopping still, she turned straight on towards him, staring at him the whole time with a scarily calm and impassive expression, just waiting for him to turn his attention from that PokeBall to her. He would plainly see the conveyed dislike on her face as soon as that eye contact locked...Brogan felt, as she was on her home turf now, she should get some scores settled before she got off the coach.

"We've arrived," came a voice from the front of the coach, and Brogan's eyes flicked over briefly to survey Brock stood in front of the seated students, returning to Calnith steadily. Brock observed the unusual quietness of the coach and Brogan's body language that could almost be portrayed as antagonistic, before shrugging it off. No fights were happening, nothing was getting out of control, it was fine. "Please make your way off the coach in an orderly fashion," he asked simply before leaving once more. Slowly and silently, the students leaked out into the aisle and made their way off the coach, but Brogan stayed where she was. Until Calnith moved, she wouldn't move. She didn't trust the guy, didn't trust his motives, and this was her home – her future and her legacy – and she wasn't going to leave him be.

Back