• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hydreigon Moveset?

Years
I've finally caught the Deino I want (breed, really, but I don't care. I still have it). Decent/Excellent IVs and a Mild Nature. I'm missing Dark Pulse, but I can live without it. All I need now is a good Moveset. Any ideas? I plan on using him in the Battle Subway, though he might replace Kyurem on my E4 Grinding Team (with access to STAB Dark-Type Attacks and immunity to Psychic, he's much better IMHO). My Battle Subway team is as follows:

Meinshao @ Wide Lens

Hi-Jump Kick
Swords Dance
Stone Edge
U-Turn

Emboar @ Razor Claw (will probably replace with a better item when I get some BP)

Wild Charge
Flame Charge
Hammer Arm
Earthquake

Hydreigon @ ???

Obviously, I don't have a Moveset for him. What should I get that would give me the most coverage on the Battle Subway?

EDIT: I'm running with 4 HP, 252 SpAtt., 252 Speed

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I've never used a Hydreigon before, but looking at its stats, I will suggest the following moveset:
@Blackglasses to make up for lower Attack than Sp. Atk
Dragon Pulse
Crunch
Flash Cannon or Flamethrower
Surf

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Modest/Timid Nature is usually the best for him but Mild will do.
252 Sp.Atk | 252 Spe | 4 Hp
Dragon pulse / Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Dark pulse is reccomended for the STAB but Surf is probably next best option.

Years
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Modest/Timid Nature is usually the best for him but Mild will do.
252 Sp.Atk | 252 Spe | 4 Hp
Dragon pulse / Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Dark pulse is reccomended for the STAB but Surf is probably next best option.

I went with Mild for a reason. The ONLY Ditto that I have with more than 20 in all his IVs is my Mild one. It still raises Sp.Att, so I figured it would be fine. I'm not using it in Competitive battles, so I can usually OHKO anything I can outrun. I don't really need to worry about Defense in that situation. :P

Back