• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
SD's latest post is missing a whole lot of potential innuendo
f_-_yuusaku.gif

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
What. The. Heck is happening here .___.

*sits on SD's table* cherry cola here please >-> …

DeLaMuerte- isn't it a bit strange that a student Yasha is able to summon three pretty powerful tigers? :3 he already summoned a pretty powerful Lion so… yeah, would you please consider your decisions more next time? ^^ for now i'll let it stay the way it is :3

The fight is coming to an end so that means I will post as soon as possible ^^

The only reason he isn't fainting/dead right now is because he offered the tiger jerky. And the other two were actually extremely weak, which is why they disappeared nearly as soon as he summoned them (laser beam), and the lion disappeared too.

Trust me, in about five minutes IC time he will faint. But next time, I will. My bad.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
The only reason he isn't fainting/dead right now is because he offered the tiger jerky. And the other two were actually extremely weak, which is why they disappeared nearly as soon as he summoned them (laser beam), and the lion disappeared too.

Trust me, in about five minutes IC time he will faint. But next time, I will. My bad.

Sorry I didn't meant to offend you if I did ^^

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
"I am Yorick Amherst Lee and I would like some fresh water, preferably from a lake."
*takes the beverage & drinks* I needed that.
*sits on SD's table* cherry cola here please >-> …
ONE BLAND BOTTLE, HOLD THE FILTER, AND A FIZZY CAN WITH A KICK!!

*drinks, drinks everywhere*
SD's latest post is missing a whole lot of potential innuendo
f_-_yuusaku.gif

Would your silly little emote like something to drink also?

So, seeing as I wrote a lot out to explain the Lycan telekinetic powers to Geras, I thought it might as well be shared, if anyone was curious about how it works.

To put a visual perspective on it, it's essentially using the mind to apply an energy field at the designated spot, to do just about anything, within reason. Solo isn't a good example of proper use or constraint, but the way he uses it in dangerous situations shows just how far you can go with it.

For example, let's start with something simple, like carrying a backpack with telekinetic power. The mind has a limited capacity for this energy, which can be extended through thorough training. However, the upside to a limited energy capacity is a decently fast recharge rate (for Solo, he always overexerts his energy, but it comes back at 5% capacity per post). Most things that calm calm the mind or ease pain on the brain can intervene and add a faster recharge; for example, painkillers will ease Solo's brain and recharge his powers 20% per post over three posts. Tea settles his nerves and gives an instant 50% recharge for the post where he drinks a cup. Emotions like anger can cause the user to overexert this energy, using roughly up to three times the energy than what they'd need, simply due to a lack of control when angered or frustrated. A key point of maintaining a steady flow is focus and concentration, another key aspect to TK powers. To lift the backpack, you have to focus TK energy under it, then lift that energy, and in turn, the backpack. Some inexperienced users might apply more than enough energy under it, or try to wrap the whole object in energy. Both would drain energy faster, but wrapping it in energy does give more control, albeit wasted energy.

Now, to explain how complex it can be used, I'll go back to an example caused by Solo, back when he first fought with the Werewolf. The werewolf picked him up and was holding him upside down by one ankle. Solo used his TK energy to propel his outward-hanging leg, spinning him in a circle and causing that foot to collide with the werewolf's head, a moderately powerful kick that came from an otherwise inescapable situation. Neat, right? The possibilities are nearly endless, dependent on the situation. In another situation, Solo amplified his punches with TK, adding extra force to his swings by propelling his arms with TK power.

How much energy your character uses depends on how he/she has used the powers and how much training they've gone through; not to mention their personality.

Now, in comparison to others, it's fairly simple. Mages and Lycans are fairly on the same level, however, Lycans have an advantage in that instead of focusing on multiple types of abilities, they've used one type for their entire life, and it's pretty straightforward. However, to even things out, I came up with the idea that Lycans are susceptible to spells, for example, when Solo was paralyzed in the cafeteria.

Lycans are devastatingly strong in one-on-one fights, however when facing a group they start to fall short. Lycans' TK powers are only usable at one spot or place at a time. Only a lot of training and expertise (as well as mental training) could allow a Lycan to focus on two places at once, or possibly even more. However, these are students, most of which haven't had proper training.

Years
That sounds interesting, I thought the point about Lycans being magic susceptible was always there but tbh I guess it doesn't matter. Defining the abilities of yokai like this is somewhat interesting I might give it a go for mages later xD

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ Satomi Akiyama
bTyv1AR.png
∣ Form:
Nwd7R9U.png
Signing Up

Chapter Zero: Part Zero
Sign-Up

onVQH78.jpg

Name: Satomi Akiyama
Specie: Neko

Appearance: Satomi (Picture above) has light skin, soft pink/red hair, and faded amber eyes. She is most often seen wearing her school uniform (the classic Japanese white and blue skirt and shirt, AKA the Sailor Fuku). She has a gentle face and a heartwarming smile, though sometimes stress seeps through and is fairly readable on her face. She does her best to live a 'normal' schoolgirl life, though this new school and her newfound abilities would both ensure that it couldn't happen.

Personality: Satomi is sometimes quiet and analytical. She slowly grows on people but otherwise doesn't think she'll make friends at the new school. She is sometimes nervous, and embarrasses easily. This leads her to be timid at times, though she loosens up when she knows people better. Otherwise, she is (or at least, was) top of her class back in Kyoto, Japan.

History: Satomi lived a normal life in Kyoto, a playful child, an honor student, and a well-behaved daughter. Most of her life was spent either hanging out with her friends, or studying. She was always first to answer the teacher's questions, first to turn in homework, plus all of the extra credit. As far as she knew, she was just another Human girl. However, one day she had gotten into a spat with a rival schoolboy in her class, also honor student. This argument escalated quickly, before she knew it, she had claws, and she pounced the boy, and... Next thing she knew, her parents were sending her off to another school. She didn't quite understand it, all she had heard was that the boy was getting medical attention now. Now, she faces a new school, "Youkai Academy", with subtle nervousness and a willingness to learn.

Weakness: Feelings, Emotions, Lack of training

Other: Sushi qualifies as a weakness, right?

Code: SALMON ROLL STRAWBERRY

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
WolfOfEve- you are accepted but… SALMON ROLL IS NOT A FRUIT KIND!!!

I like salmon a lot though… whatever :p

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I see someone just recently boarded the SAO chain.

If there are any obscure Alfheim references in the IC, Gavin's gonna kill someone.
Wish I'd found out about SAO sooner, I love it.

Sad part is I had a novel idea very similar to it a long time ago, now I don't want to write it because it'd be too similar to this ._.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
This rp sounds kinda cool. Are there any openings left? If so, what characters are available?

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
If the opening post is up to date there should be one opening left, and that same post has the available species of Youkai. Keep in mind, though, that I am currently in the process of creating a Lycan character, but if you put up an accepted SU before me on that, then there's nothing I can do.

I would recommend waiting for PinkSapphire's word on the openings before you start anything, though.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
@Macho: Actually, yes, the word neko/ねこ(don't know the kanji) is Japanese for cat. Nekomata is the term for a type of youkai that resembles a cat with two tails.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Wolf: Aside from her personality, Satomi reminds me of Kokoa. o3o

@Wolf again: <<Sword Art Online>>!!! You are not to take it for granted! I'm a way bigger fan of <<Sword Art Online>> than you are! I'm done with the Fang act! Me & Nami are near completion with our RP! I got into <<Sword Art Online>> long before you did! Fan fight! *breaks bottle of wine & equips*

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
<<Sword Art Online>>!!! You are not to take it for granted! I'm a way bigger fan of <<Sword Art Online>> than you are! I'm done with the Fang act! Me & Nami are near completion with our RP! I got into <<Sword Art Online>> long before you did! Fan fight! *breaks bottle of wine & equips*
Think you're so tough? FACE ME.

*leaps over the bar counter, equipping both swords in mid-air*

No one is a more hardcore gamer than I!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Think you're so tough? FACE ME.

*leaps over the bar counter, equipping both swords in mid-air*

No one is a more hardcore gamer than I!
Ha...

A sharp sword becomes dull when it cuts at the air too much. Unless it meets skin and flesh, it's nothing but a party decoration.
f_-_godot.gif

Speaking of Sword Art, I can't wait to see what you think of it when you get to Alfheim.

Back