• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon 5th Generation Map Editing

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Hey man! Thanks alot for this post! I have one question however. Do I need to use a torrenting software to download the SDK? The last time I used one of those it messed up my computer, and I would rather not use one again if at all possible.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hey man! Thanks alot for this post! I have one question however. Do I need to use a torrenting software to download the SDK? The last time I used one of those it messed up my computer, and I would rather not use one again if at all possible.

You're very welcome! ^^

And unfortunately, that's usually the only thing you can basically use for downloading tools like that for now. And torrent programs really shouldn't mess up your computer, what I'd recommend is to download the ones that are free and open source, those ones are usually the ones that don't provide adware in their installers.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Just an update to the thread, if anyone is getting errors with using the G3D plugins, then it means you're running the program without Administrator privileges. You must either right click and then click "Run as Administrator", or right click, click properties, click Compatibility tab then select the box next to "Run this program as Administrator". Very important for anyone who's using the program.

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
So, I've never tried rom hacking in my life, and I'm wanting to start, and I'm wanting to make a gen 5 hack with map changes and stuff. I'm just curious, how would I go about starting with this? Is it better to start with gen 3 rom hacking to get the basics, or should I just go all out on learning for gen 5? If I should go all out on gen 5, what's the best way to learn how to do it from scratch, and where can I find that?

Back