• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Captace Region (Fakemon + Other stuff)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Thanks guys for the comments.

Ok a new sprite finished, and I am particularly found of this one. Probably by far my favorite bad guy. A totally awesome and amazing dude, the King of Evil himself, Ganondorf! I made him for a contest, that I hope to win. If anyone can do it, it's him. He isn't in any specific style. Just a basic sprite I did of the G'Dorf.

Ganondorf.png

What contest by any chance?
I really like it, and I hope you do win

:t354:TG

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
It's a contest on another site. Just a general spriting contest. It was a "do whatever" type round, so I went with Ganondorf. It will be over at the end of the month. I'll be sure to inform everyone of how well he did.

With my recent decision to again be going freelance and random with my sprite making, this meant the return of Fakemon. Last time on Fakemon creation I had been redesigning and making all my Fakemon so they work in the 3rd Gen style. Well I have finished with what I left off with, the starters:

3rdGenFakemonSheet2-1.png

For those that don't know, my grass line consists of Boty, Botablitz, and Botamizer. The first is just a plain grass type, while the other two are electric grass. The idea behind them is that the solar energy of photosynthesis supplies it with electricity.

The fire starter family are now going to need to new names, being there concept slightly changed. Their new names are Raggle, Dolflare, and Flamewell. The last two are Fire/Ghost, first is a Fire type. The idea is a doll possessed by an evil spirit that eventually burns it away.

The water starter's names are Hermunch, Merboxser, Pummelid. The first is water, the second two are Water/Fighting. Obviously on a boxing squid type thing.

I'm considering altering the size of the first two families. Seem a little tiny to be 3rd gen style. I don't know if much else has to be changed. I much prefer how I have them now then I did back in the past.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Have a new sprite everyone. This time round I've made the Lazengann. Made him for a different contest. As for Ganon, his contest has yet to have its voting started, so I sadly can't say how well he has done yet.

Lazengann-1.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Ok everyone, in a fit of boredom and intrigue, I've decided that I will be holding a raffle. The prize of this raffle is one sprite. Not just a splice, but a full blown sprite. I will scratch, edit, or whatever to make some form of sprite of your liking.

Now of course it isn't truly unlimited in choice. I won't take anything that's just ridiculously hard or obnoxious. However I will probably accept anything that's a reasonable request. Now I will list the rules. I suggest you read them if you want a chance to win:

1. All contestants musts send me a PM. The subject of the PM should have "Raffle" in the title of their PM. This will be the only way I will include you in it. If your PM doesn't include raffle in its title, I will not know to put you in the raffle. If you do not PM, and instead try to enter through replying to this tread, you will not be added. I will not warn anyone who does this wrong, and you simply won't be added.
2. Nothing can increase your chances of winning, so don't try to bribe me or anything like that.
3. The sprite that I do for you I do plan to show off like any of my other sprites. I will credit you for the idea, and anything else that require crediting.
4. Due to rule 3, the thing you request will have limits. The thing I draw will have to be void of things like super gore, sexual nudity, and stuff like that. Things that aren't allowed on the usual forum. Perhaps though depending on the request I might be able to make two versions depending.
5. Just as I will credit you for the sprite, I too must be credited. You are free to use the sprite for whatever you want, but the creator must be credited to Jappio.
6. What I accept or deny is all up to me. You could win, but I reserve the right to still refuse your request. Things that will be denied are things along the lines of being too large, too complicated, too many individual sprites, or in some way disgracing something that I enjoy (I wouldn't make something along the lines of a banner that says "I hate Kirby" or something).

Now that the rules are stated, back to other facts. The winner is decided by what I will assume will be me rolling a dice or using some form of random number generator to decide. The length of time I keep this raffle open will be random, I have no set end date. Shouldn't be any excuse for anyone who wants to enter to not enter yet. It's simple as sending me a PM. All questions are welcome, just PM me to avoid clutter in here of course. I will notify the winner through PM.

So be sure to enter anyone. No cost or anything, just a chance to see me sprite something you might want to see me sprite. It could be a sprite of like an OC, or of some character or creature you really like. I'll do a Fakemon or something along those lines. I'll try to imitate game styles if you would like. If it's simplistic I might do a few poses so it make an animation or something. Of course the details can be discussed if and once you win.

As for your chances of winning, depends how many people enter. I plan to do this on every site I regularly post on, so there are more people entering than just the ones on this site alone.

This raffle has also been approved by Amachi. However we should keep any raffle discussion restricted to PM since all comments here should be about my sprites.

Last edited:

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
In the first post, I cannot see the Fakemon, everytime I open up the Spoiler, there is nothing.

I trust that you did a good job on the Fakemon, it's just that I can' see them.

The region maps and badges look awesome too, keep up the good work.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Wow, your new sprites are a great improvement over the old ones. Some of them still face too far to the left and look kind of flat, though. Where did you get the idea for your water starter? It's strikingly similar to my Potripus/Kroctopus and Squiddle/Squidink/Kalamarine lines... though I guess squids are an obvious idea for Pokemon, and I've been expecting a takotsubo Pokemon for the last two generations.

Do you have a mod's permission to run this contest?

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
5qwerty, I must have messed something up, and now they are there.

Chesu, thanks for the compliment and helpful tip. I'll try to keep that direction thing in mind for the next time I do some tweaking. The idea for the water starter just was a thought. "Hmm, what's a water animal, a squid. What's a cool second type to add to a squid... oh I know, fighting and give it boxing gloves." The move Closecombat also heavily influensed my idea to have a boxing squid. Never heard of those Fakemon though, if though they did the same squid idea, kudos to them, they probably are awesome.

Also I didn't think a raffle would be against any rules... specially since I didn't think of it as a contest. I should go do that now I guess.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Oh, are they boxing gloves? Never mind, then. Potripus is a small octopus in a clay pot, which is how they were traditionally caught in Japan... the octopus will hide from predators in the pots, which fisherman will then pull up. The evolved form, Kroctopus, is an octopus with clay pots on its arms, which are kind of like boxing gloves.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
Wow, they look awesome, but the old ones aren't very good, and look like something you would see in Topaz. (No offense Bazza)
I especially like the gear turtle. I guess you are doing some "revamping?"

Buffalo State College
Years
Have a new sprite everyone. This time round I've made the Lazengann. Made him for a different contest. As for Ganon, his contest has yet to have its voting started, so I sadly can't say how well he has done yet.

Lazengann-1.png

I really don't know what it's suppose to be but really great job on the coloring and shading of it

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Amachi has approved the raffle, just keep thing via PM regarding entries and questions.

Well onto other news, I have a new sprite made. Another character of my friend's. This one is known as Vargas. Vargas is essentially a time mage. Vargas doesn't quite manipulate time in the usual way. Vargas will actually use this power to mimic and copy other people's attacks. That is the basic run down of Vargas.

I also tried to use a different style. The style I was attempting was from a game called Melty Blood. If you have heard of it, it's some random japanese-only fighting game.

Vargas.png

Buffalo State College
Years
Amachi has approved the raffle, just keep thing via PM regarding entries and questions.

Well onto other news, I have a new sprite made. Another character of my friend's. This one is known as Vargas. Vargas is essentially a time mage. Vargas doesn't quite manipulate time in the usual way. Vargas will actually use this power to mimic and copy other people's attacks. That is the basic run down of Vargas.

I also tried to use a different style. The style I was attempting was from a game called Melty Blood. If you have heard of it, it's some random japanese-only fighting game.

Vargas.png

Well now I know what this wonderful shading and great coloring picture this is

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Thanks for the comment TG

Also it would seem my thread now has more views then any other thread I see around here, I'm even beating the showcase/discussion thread, and it has like 30x the number of posts. I really must have a ton of silent watchers, which is a shame though since getting comments is fun =D

-----------------------

Here is a new splice sheet. I also have some edits on them too. Some interesting stuff this time around in my opinion. Emo birds, polygonal beasts, super heroes, and even the mighty Dai-Gurren Brigade!

As for what's next, since I seem to be back in my old pattern, expect Fakemon. Although I am planning to enter a contest being run by a person who I consider to be the best splicer around. So I will probably be trying to do my best for that over all. So Fakemon sheet or my entry to that contest. Oh also once I get around to it, I plan on uploading a video of me making the Porygon+Ryhdon splice I did. If anyone has interest in seeing such a video, I might be a bit quicker to upload it. If not then it waits till I decide to deal with it.

splicesheet46.png

Last edited:

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Time for another random project I might never finish! This time around I've decided to edit Super Mario World sprites into Pokemon. I want to do this to like every sprite in Mario world, so I can donate and let ROM hackers of the Mario World variety to have a new spice to add to their mixes. I don't plan on making one myself due to my laziness of course. I also have a good amount of the concepts for most of the enemies, so I won't be needing suggestions.

AllofThem.png

Buffalo State College
Years
Time for another random project I might never finish! This time around I've decided to edit Super Mario World sprites into Pokemon. I want to do this to like every sprite in Mario world, so I can donate and let ROM hackers of the Mario World variety to have a new spice to add to their mixes. I don't plan on making one myself due to my laziness of course. I also have a good amount of the concepts for most of the enemies, so I won't be needing suggestions.

AllofThem.png

Big Boo? Don't you mean Big Gengar lol, either way it looks really amazing. My favorite one is the Big Gengar of course lol

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
The names I put near them are there Super Mario World selves. Big Boo is a type of enemy in Mario World, one that I will be replacing with that Gengar I made.

New dudes made. The speed at which I'm doing this shows promise. Although I fear Mario and Yoshi will be heck of a pain to edit as they have many more frames. Banzai Togekiss was just weird. I'm going to have to try double as hard when I decide to go back to it. The whole thick bordering and weird style that Banzai Bill is in just confused me even more.

DisplaySheet.png

Blue Beedrill

Im Beeeeding you.....
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2010
I really like your pixel art but the Gengar/Big Boo shading looks pretty sketchy other then that these latest ones are
really good.

Keep Up The Nice Work Jappio.

Back