• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Fallout (OOC/SU)

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
TornZero that sounds good, machomuu you're characters heading to Pastoria so's mine would you like for them to meet up or battle?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Machomuu: Oh... I only read the first of the two posts. I'll edit mine a tad.

@Hereto: Go ahead? o3o

Dawn

Years
@Hereto: Go click the reply button again, or better yet the quote button which seems to be resistant to that error.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Name: Boston Jargis

Nickname (Optional):Boss or Jarg

Age (10-13): 13

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Appearance: Boston is 5'5, about 120 pounds, and has long green hair that reaches his shoulders. He has muscular arms, and is a quite fast. He always wears a long sleeved navy blue shirt with a Cascade Badge displayed on the front. He keeps his sleeves rolled up and wears dark blue jeans and a navy beanie. He also has a blue poke etch from the good old days.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): He's very defensive of himself and people who have earned his respect. He used to be a trouble maker, and still is if it involves adults. He tends to be a bit arrogant, but is really sweet if you take the time to know him. He used to be quite a jerk, but has taken the road to becoming nicer.

History: Boston grew up in Eterna City where some adults hate children and some don't. He tended to pick fights with the ones that didn't, which led to him getting in trouble quite a bit. His parents moved to Jubilife at a young age, for they hated children. He was alone until one kind teenager named Mike Wizowski found him and took him under his wing. They stayed together through thick and thin, but eventually agents from Jubilife kidnapped and killed Mike. Boston took his revenge by turning into Polo and slaughtered an entire squad of adults with his mighty Hydro Pump Hyper Beam combo. In a fit of anger, he fled to Hearthome City in hopes of joining the kid resistance.

Pokéspirit (No legendaries. Alternate color schemes are allowed.)
Species: Blastoise

Nickname (Optional): Polo

Personality (Can be as short or long as you want): He's excactly like Boston in terms of personality.

Moves (Maximum of 6. TM and egg moves are allowed. These are the moves your character gets when they fuse): Hydro Pump,Focus Blast,Skull Bash,Rapid Spin,Water Pulse,Hyper Beam

Other (Optional): Only uses one cannon for Hydro Pump and Focus Blast, and when he's in deep trouble, uses one for Hydro Pump and one for Hyper Beam. He's a forest green.

Opening Post: I'll post this in a second.

There we go.Filled it out all over again :p

but there are changes to the original.He has deep blue eyes as well.

Is there anything I can change before I make my first post?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Random Quesiton: Is Mew-Two and the Porygon Line still on earth? because they were artificial Pokemon created by humans not Arceus.

Dawn

Years
@Hereto: Alright. Looking over your app there are some things that need to be addressed. First, the possession of a poketch. These are things that have not been made in approximately a century. And even if one did survive that long without damage electricity is no longer an easy thing to obtain to power it unless you're... y'know, an electric type or know an electric attack to justify being able to generate electricity. Batteries don't survive that long under any condition, for instance.

The second thing is that I noticed you picked purely offensive or hybrid offensive moves. I would advise that this is bare bones in terms of fighting ability, being one of the weakest strategies possible. Any given person with thunder wave, or protect, or toxic, or swords dance, any of those defense support moves? They're going to steamroll right over your character if you give him only offensive moves. Without defensive moves you can't rely on dodging, you can't rely on taking a bunch of hits because skull bash for instance is a lackluster boosting move that will be immediately outperformed by more dedicated boosting moves such as swords or dragon dance. Iron Defense on the other hand is exactly four times as effective as skull bash defensively in the same span of time and can't be outperformed.

You've got toxic, hail, protect, rain dance, rest, attract, swagger, mirror coat, yawn, refresh, captivate, counter, mimic. (Not to mention iron defense) So take advantage of them, unless you /want/ your character to be a rather poor battler. I tell you this because I care enough to not screw you over by not mentioning it, so that you get in and realize you hate the strategy you chose in hindsight.

Lastly? You're missing an opening post. That needs to be in your app before you can be approved. (It's basically a writing sample, only you can also use it as your first post in the RP after you're approved.) That's the primary area you're judged on. I would also advise that your character's personality and history are quite short, and you may want to expand on them somewhat.

How does he obtain food? Is he a really good scavenger? Does he steal? Is he a cannibal? What does that say about his personality and or mental state? How does he want to see the world change? What're his goals? His thoughts on others?

@Lopnis: Simply, nope. Arceus did not / does not discriminate there. Only Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus are still physically present, and that's only because they live beyond the reach of the virus. That is to say, not in the mortal realm. (There's a hint in what I just said at an interesting tidbit of information.)

Years
re- done appication

Name:lisa ishimura

Nickname:espii

Sex:female

Appearance: dirty blond hair, hazel eyes, long black eyelashes, likes to wear a faded,well loved purple fuzzy vest and skinny jeans along with white flipflops with exotic flowers decorated on them, tan skin and long nails used for pinching her brother, ryan ishimura.

Personality:shy around strangers, kind of naive, not afraid of hurting people and sometimes gets a nasty mean streak, usually directed towards people hurting her friends, wants only for the world to be peaceful again, and her dream is to return pokemon to the earth, not just pokespirits.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events?): lisa ishimura grew up with her pessimist brother, ryan ishimura, in the johto region where theres no free kids whatsoever and all pokespirits were enslaved to do the dirty work of battling, cleaning, and more.Luckily though, she never went hungry, because her brother would always supply her with food. how he went about getting this extra food, she never found out.Lisa wasnt the most sturdy of spirit wielders, so her friend who was a Ditto wieder would often have to change into her so lisa could recouperate without the adults knowing.She aways dreamed of overthrowing the adults, but none of her friends were powerful enough, and Lisa didnt want to have to resort to asking her brother to help.One day though, she heard adults talking about how in Sinnoh there was a city that was competely taken over by kids, and decided that she would go to Sinnoh in hopes that she would meet new allies powerful enough to aid herin her goal of ending adults tyranny, and someday show Arceus that humans are responsible enough to have real pokemon exist again, not just poke-spirits. lisa waited until the last day to tell her friends she was leaving, for fear they would try to stop her. they did not stop her, however, but they wished her a good journey and hoped to see her one day again. ryan insisted he follow her for protection even though lisa felt she did not need any.

Pokéspirit
Species:espeon

Nickname:Xena

Personality:
loves to have fun, but takes things seriously if they need to be. never argues with lisa unless her thinking is plain insane. usually silent unless something needs to be said.Lisa and Xena have a good relationship and act as if they have been together their whole life.
Moves:
psychic
heal pulse
shadow ball
thunderbolt
double team
morning sun
Other:espeon has synchronize,and a lavender body color with a magenta colored orb.

Opening Post:"aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!" i cried. i had fallen off of ryan's back while he was flying over the ocean! as i fell, i morphed into my espeon form. in form, i have a lavender body and a magenta orb on my head. sploosh! i splashed in the water with a crash. <oh no! what now?> (when i use <>, it means lisa's pokespirit is speaking). "well, it seems i fell off of ryans back while he was flying, obviously. the question is how to get out of this wet situation, because i can't swim!" i struggled to stay afloat when suddenly a blue dot appeared in the distance. <we've reached land!> "uh, i don't think so...." i replied uneasily. <ok, well try to stay alive while we try to figure out what this thing is.> "ok, ok, but i'm getting tired!" i said in frustration. as it got closer, i realized that it was a pokespirit in the form of a lapras. "help!" <help!> we cried together. "hello. you seem to be in distress. please hop on my back." i scrambled onto the lapras pokespirit's back fast to get out of the freezing ocean. "allow me to introduce myself. i am anna pentom, but you can call me laprisa. you are? who are you? i haven't seen you around these parts." laprisa said, navigating towards sinnoh. "well, i am lisa ishimura, and i came from the johto region. if you wish, you can call me espii. my old friends from johto called me that." "wow, what a story!" laprisa commented. "well, we be headed to sandgem town. we're about, say, 20 minutes away." and i listened to laprisa tell stories while we headed towards sandgem town, wherever in sinnoh that happened to be, far away from ryan or not.

Years
i had an idea, are you able to add in some npc bosses that are specially chosen kids who were given legendaries as their poke spirit?

Dawn

Years
@Hovde: I'm afraid not, but only because of the 'legendary' part. It's my personal experience that most roleplayers do not enjoy the presence of legendaries in an RP, and so I have no intention of introducing them.

@espoengirl: Hmm... Well, certain factors considered, I'm going to go ahead and approve you... on one condition. You're aware that this roleplay is rated M, correct? I mean, it's not like we're going to do anything terribly graphic, just... Dark themes, very dark themes.

You're aware of that right? I just want to check. Assuming you are and you're okay with that though, you can consider yourself approved and begin roleplaying when you wish.

(On an unrelated note, however. When writing posts, try to split your text into multiple blocks instead of just one big text block, know what I mean?)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Hovde: I'm afraid not, but only because of the 'legendary' part. It's my personal experience that most roleplayers do not enjoy the presence of legendaries in an RP, and so I have no intention of introducing them.
From what I've seen, it's not so much legendaries themselves that people don't like, it's the allowance of legendary PCs; reason being that it leads to power imbalance, canonical and biological discrepancies, and just plain chaos. I, personally, would endorse legendary NPCs being bosses.

Then again, I do see where the trouble comes in, what with you being able to take other PokeSpirits and all, then PCs would indeed become legendary and overpowered. Not to mention that some players may overpower themselves and make beat the legendaries that, in reality, they shouldn't be able to due to the difference in power between a normal pokemon and a legendary (which is quite staggering). It would be near impossible, if not impossible, to beat a legendary, so having one as a boss would be a ironic.

Dawn

Years
@Machomuu: This isn't the anime. Legendaries are not godmodders. They're X level and weak to fighting type moves. Or whatever. They are only marginally stronger than their equivalent non-legendaries, generally.

Regardless, I guess if more people agreed I could consider it. I definitely feel uneasy about it though.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I'm honestly not up for it; the fact that Arceus is the one who removed the Pokémon from the planet in the first place, wouldn't he just as easily be able to take the spirits back, too, let alone GIVE that power to any other potential bosses like Dialga, Palkia and Giratina? Giving the power to those three even makes sense, since they could remove Pokémon spirits to their own dimensions.

That said, I doubt any NPC bosses would be willing to allow any kid that challenges them to keep their Pokéspirit if they lose (and some may not even let the kid live depending on their degree of malevolence). Since the acquisition of Pokéspirits was fairly recent, no kid should be legitimately strong enough yet in the first place (Nicholas, too, since his power was shown by Hyper Beaming a city of arguably defenseless adults), so what's the point?

Years
Yeah, I'm with Torn here, Arceus allowing Legendaries back as pokespirits just doesn't feel like it works right. I mean if he was going to give up that kind of power the kid would have to have gone above and beyond to show how innocent their intentions were, right? And if a kid like that was to get that sort of power it would be easy to walk over them, in my mind that is.

Then we have the image of a character with genocidal preferences such as Ignis or Hailey(?) getting there hands of them however unlikely it is it is still possible. That would bring many awful events to the world.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Machomuu: This isn't the anime. Legendaries are not godmodders. They're X level and weak to fighting type moves. Or whatever. They are only marginally stronger than their equivalent non-legendaries, generally.

Regardless, I guess if more people agreed I could consider it. I definitely feel uneasy about it though.
Well I'm talking about this more in the context of the non-level based RP, in which case, they'd still be rather strong. Maybe not invincible or as strong as previously stated, but seeing that it's possible for a regular pokemon to beat another pokemon 20 levels above them (heavily depending on the pokemon in question), it does give something of a reference point as to whether one should fear them or not, especially given the margin in their natural stats. I mean, I'd be a little disappointed if The Original One was beaten by some 10 year old and his six pokemon, which sadly is incredibly possible and almost easy. I'd like to think that legendaries live up to their name and couldn't be defeated so easily given their importance, but due to the strict RPG nature of the games and the marginal difference between the canons of the games and pretty much every other piece of pokemon media out there, there's nothing to suggest such a thing to be true, and thus, we're forced to rely on stuff like levels, stats, and the like. It really does detract from the surreal realism of it all, especially since quite a few things aren't explained, thus making us work with what we know. It also detracts quite a bit from the terror and power that legendaries appear to exude, and even in the non-main games legendaries are pretty easy; which is pretty disappointing to me.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure we were referring to the legendaries that did get erased, like Mewtwo and Rayquaza, not the ones that still exist. I was, at least.

Last edited:

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Maybe... Yellow would it be possible to have a npc character who has a legendary as a pokespirit. Also I have another question to pose. Is Arceus still in physical form so to speak?

Years
@dcjboi - Your first question is the topic at hand currently.. As for your second

Only Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus are still physically present, and that's only because they live beyond the reach of the virus. That is to say, not in the mortal realm. (There's a hint in what I just said at an interesting tidbit of information.)

Was answered already on the last page ;)

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Name: Boston Jargis

Nickname (Optional):Boss or Jarg

Age (10-13): 13

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Appearance: Boston is 5'5, about 120 pounds, and has long green hair that reaches his shoulders. He has muscular arms, and is a quite fast. He always wears a long sleeved navy blue shirt with a Cascade Badge displayed on the front. He keeps his sleeves rolled up and wears dark blue jeans and a navy beanie. He also has a blue backpack that Mike gave him before he died. He fought a gang once by himself, and was cut across the chest deeply by a knife. He also has deep, navy colored eyes with red flecks in them. He always wears blue trainers with neon blue shoe laces and black outlines.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): He's very defensive of himself and people who have earned his respect. He used to be a trouble maker, and still is if it involves adults. He tends to be a bit arrogant, but is really sweet if you take the time to know him. He used to be quite a jerk, but has taken the road to becoming nicer. The only reason he survived the wilderness was by searching for whatever berries and bark he could find. He wants to destroy every adult that would even dream of attaking kids, and will stop at nothing to do so. He has a war cry, "Viva la children!!"

History: Boston grew up in Eterna City where some adults hate children and some don't. He tended to pick fights with the ones that didn't, which led to him getting in trouble quite a bit. His parents moved to Jubilife at a young age, for they hated children. He was alone until one kind teenager named Mike Wizowski found him and took him under his wing. They stayed together through thick and thin, but eventually agents from Jubilife kidnapped and killed Mike. Boston took his [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]revenge[/COLOR][/COLOR] by turning into Polo and slaughtered an entire squad of adults with his mighty Hydro Pump Hyper Beam combo. In a fit of anger, he fled to Hearthome City in hopes of joining the kid resistance.

Pokéspirit (No legendaries. Alternate color schemes are allowed.)
Species: Blastoise

Nickname (Optional): Polo

Personality (Can be as short or long as you want): He's excactly like Boston in terms of personality.

Moves (Maximum of 6. TM and egg moves are allowed. These are the moves your character gets when they fuse): Hydro Pump,Focus Blast,Iron Defense,Rapid Spin,Mirror Coat,Hyper Beam

Other (Optional): Only uses one cannon for Hydro Pump and Focus Blast, and when he's in deep trouble, uses one for Hydro Pump and one for Hyper Beam. He's a forest green.

Opening Post: Boston stumbled out of the forest, and gaped at the ruins of Hearthome City. It's not what I thought it would be, but it's free of adults, and that's good enough for me. He started to walk towards it. It had been mere days since they had killed Mike, and his heart was pumping with hatred. I know that fellow wielders would help me get revenge. They have too! Mike, I won't let you down buddy. I WILL avenge you! Believe it! He clenched his fist with determination and continued walking. These guys hate adults just as much as me, I'm sure of it! He dug around in his pack for one of the many interesting things he found during his journeys: a piece of wood that mysteriously like a wave. It always calms him to look at it. I'm sorry Mike...I couldn't get there in time. It's all my fault...

He ate the last of the Oran Berries he had gathered hours ago as he entered the city gate. He had been living off of whatever berries and edible bark he could find, which in all honesty wasn't that much. He had managed to put off weight, which was bad at the current times. He couldn't turn into Polo due to the fact that he would merely rage and destroy anything. Where could I find the leader here? He wondered around spotting handfuls of kids here or there, but no one seemed to notice the lost, hungry kid with a scar. "Hello? Where is the leader?" he called out hoping for a response.

Last edited:
Back