• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I've been having the same problem for a while. A month or two ago, it started on Heart Gold. When I got White, it was fine again for a day or two. Back to normal for most people. I have no trouble connecting to a friend (who also lives in Canada). However, trying to connect to a few friends in the United States poses a problem, since it gives me a "Communicating with friend" message for a long time, until it just stops. However, I cannot connect with a different Canadian friend. It's really weird.

At first, I thought it was a port forwarding problem or something to do with my router, but since I can connect to a friend with no problem, I don't think it can be that. Hopefully someone has a solution.

Volcom22

Weepingbell Collector.. ^.^
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011
That's like me. Last night at 12:30 am EST I made a trade perfectly fine with someone in the United States and I'm not from there. After that every trade I've tried making I get "Communicating with Friend" and then it just stops. It bothers me because I have full bars and I know I have no connection issues. I can still use the GTS perfectly though which is also weird.

SnivyWonder

SnivyWonder Can C Ur MonkeyAss
Years
Is any backtracking required prior to the Elite Four?
yes but im not sure when or where (I forgert ^ ^ ) But the Elite 4 is harder in this game and after it you fight Reshiram (Black) or Zekrom (White). They are requiered to beat the game and I'm getting pretty off topic here aint I : )

Whats an easy way to level up?

Last edited:

Volcom22

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011
I haven't been able to connect with several people now.. I don't think its my end though because I have full bars and connecting to Wifi no problem.

Years
Yeah. I have full bars when I enter too, and connect with no problem... Maybe it's a NAT problem, although I don't see how it'd affect me cause I have it Open on my Xbox. It's a really weird problem, and I've tried to google it but I've had no success. It's kind of really frustrating.

Volcom22

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011
Well my only other guess is that since its still the beginning of Black/White that maybe the connections are being crowded right now.. =/

Years
Well my only other guess is that since its still the beginning of Black/White that maybe the connections are being crowded right now.. =/
Yeah.. I'd find that believable, but since I have the same problem on both Heart Gold and Platinum... :/

In Clay's voice : "Reset yer' router"
I reset my router daily. I haven't noticed a change. Maybe it will fix Volcom's problem, though.

Volcom22

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011
Alright, Well I just resetted my router. I don't think much has changed thouse because I'm stoll at "Communicating with ____" for a couple of minutes until it just stops.

Years
Alright, Well I just resetted my router. I don't think much has changed thouse because I'm stoll at "Communicating with ____" for a couple of minutes until it just stops.

Do you want to try connecting together? Maybe it'll let us since we're both having the same problem? I dunno.

Volcom22

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011
Alright, I'm currently in WiFi club right now with another friend. Just add my FC in my Sig and I'll add yours when I'm out!

Volcom22

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011
It just fixed itself, =/ The 2nd time after resetting my router it worked! Also it was with the person I was having troubles with so I'm glad it works now!

Volcom22

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011
I hope so to. If anyone has a deeper explanation on this please let me know or how I can prevent this from happening again let me know! Or any other Wifi problems that people been experiencing.

Nvm, >.<
Its happening again, I connect with someone and it stays at the message "Communicating with ______" for several minutes then it justs closes.

Last edited:

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
How do you view foreign Pokédex entries in Black and White? I just traded for quite a few French Pokémon on GTS Negotiation, but I cannot seem to find the option in the Pokédex to switch the language...

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years

I guess you really want the question answered. XD;

This generation is the easiest to level up in, despite the new experience system!! Not only are you handed a Lucky egg about halfway through the story, but the Pokemon Audino, which is everywhere and rather easy to find, has the experience yield of Arceus! You should have no trouble leveling up by training on Audinos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back