• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge (Revived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I accept the challenge. Not looking forward to Brock though with just Rattata and Butterfree. Looking at some hardcore grinding here :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ninjask, Roselia, Sharpedo, Hariyama, Skarmory and Rhydon
The 4. Gym will be a pain in the ass
I will change Rhydon, because i need something against the 4. Gym and I get Rhydon very late at the game
So:
1 Poke
Enerald
Before the 4.Gym available
Not week to fire
Thx

You're not allowed to reroll just because you want things easier or you don't like a Pokemon. You have to keep what you're assigned unless you have no way to get it. Unfortunately, I'm late, but I'm getting really tired of people doing this and WeightyWillBill is too and has the right to disqualify people from the challenge for doing this. If you plan on entering this challenge again, or any that deal with people assigning you Pokemon, don't ask for a reroll again unless you just can't get the Pokemon. That just ruins the point of the challenge. If other people have to put up with crappy Pokemon or Pokemon you can't get til late in the game, then you can do it too.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's the random challenge. You'll find a way. If Jayster23 is gonna deal with Brock with Butterfree and Rattata, I'm sure you can pull through with what you have. Plan some movesets or...just grind grind grind. I had a bad team when I did this as well, lol.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Guys i would like you not to forget: Maybe Jayster has tobeat brock with Butterfree and Rattata. But i beat him with Beedrill and Pidgey (Which are both useless against rock types) and i trained a magikarp up to level 20 to evolve it. Maybe use that as an example next time.
ANyway, thanks for naming an electrike after me :D I love it!

As always, i will put an edit on this post with a spoiler which leads to the next part of my adventure.
EDIT: Not as always, i wont do a part tonight because i'm kinda busy, i just beat Koga so i think i can at least try for the elite 4 tonight and then log it ll tomorrow. SPOILER: Koga was really hard!!

Last edited:
Years
Sorry for my behaviour about Rhydon and Camerupt
I even was able to defeat Flannery without Camerupt
Here you can see it (part 2 of my adventure)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Well, apperantly, i do now have time to make this due to tiem freeing up. So here it is: Erika and Koga (And much more!)

Spoiler:

Years
Guys, PLEASE do me (and Syd) a favor and Read the rules. The point of the challenge is to use random Pokemon. The only plausible reasons for not using a Pokemon is 1. They are NOT available in the game you are playing or 2. They do not fall under the correct (reasonable) restrictions you have placed.

The point is to challenge yourself with this team, so please do NOT ask for any more re-rolls! If you do and use a Pokemon that was not given to you, I won't accept your completion of the challenge.

Speaking of which, if you do win the challenge and don't see your name on the Champions list, VM/PM me so I can edit it. Thank you.

Oh and Matzeho thank you for your cooperation (:

Last edited:
Years
-Part 2-
-Headed to Vermillion City.
-Cheeks evolved into Sandslash.
-Trained around Vermillion City.
-Caught a Spearow for trading for a Farfetch'd, for HMs.
-Headed to the SS Anne.
-Won Fred using Ressie's Rock Tomb on Pidgeotto, Ressie's Brick Break on Raticate ,Ressie's Mega Punch on Kadabra and Wartortle.
-Got Cut.
-Did the Vermillion City Gym.
-Defeated LT Surge using Cheek's Dig against his whole team and OHKO'd the whole team.
-END PART-

TEAM
Spoiler:

Short part. Apollogies.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
Name: Zerrah.
Game: SoulSilver
Number of Pokemon: 4
Restrictions: None, as I will hack one member in if I'm not granted a Johto starter.

Years
So i didn' break the rules, did I?
I'm using Rhydon now instead of Camerupt

The_Mew: You should do the SilphScope and the Fighting Gym before you battle Sabrina
And is it part of the challenge to evolve Growlithe instant, or why didn't you wait until it learns tlamethrower or other good moves?
I really would like to know that ;-)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
The_Mew: You should do the SilphScope and the Fighting Gym before you battle Sabrina
And is it part of the challenge to evolve Growlithe instant, or why didn't you wait until it learns tlamethrower or other good moves?
I really would like to know that ;-)
Although i can't make much of your explanation, thanks anyway. I had to pick up the old woman's tea to get through lol.
Also, i totally forgot Arcanine doesn't learn any fire type moves. Oh well, ill get some tm's for it i guess
Anyways, I will place my journey untill Giovanni here later today :D.
EDIT: Okay, so apperantly, i kinda sorta went to the Sevii Islands, which, knowing my luck, require me to complet the Island 1,2 & 3 quest before going back. Hearing of this made me want to kill myself so i stopped for the day. Anyways, here's the next part:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
The_Mew Maybe MY Pidgeot and your Pidgeot are brothers ;-)
Anyway good job defeating Sabrina with a Beedrill

Here is also my 3rd part:
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back