• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I gotta say I'm really liking Chvrches. After listening to the one you recommended here, Youtube recommended me some others to listen to. I haven't added it to any of my playlists yet, but I think I'll be doing that soon.

On another note...

AAAAAH! Revenge's new season is premiering tonight and it has me pooping rainbows. I'm so excited!

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I don't care too much for 'The Mother We Share'. It's alright but the only classic of Chvrches to my ears is this:

Pity it kinda sticks out among their singles.

Season 3 of Revenge, you say? Perhaps it's time I got around to ordering (and watching) the season 2 DVD. I loved season 1 but after I missed the first two weeks of season 2, I got lazy and said I'd wait for the DVD release to watch it. It probably says a lot about me that I'm so half-arsed about watching what's probably my favourite TV show since Desperate Housewives went off the rails.

Reactions: Guy

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm only familiar with Chvrches because the video for their song "Recover" played on MTVU several times a few months back and I got addicted to the song.

That one is really good too so I might look for it on Spotify or the next time I go to the library.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I've never heard any Chvrches, but one of my friends was listening to some the other day and it sounds like it'd be worth a listen. I'll try them out at some point soon, maybe.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
I just listened to their album The Bone Of What You Believe. Gun is undoubtedly one of my favourite songs this year, so far.

Obligatory for today!:-

(dat Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell)

Anyone else a Green Day fan here?

Years
Look at what you've done, Rest. All these new fans. But it's good music and I've liked the few songs I've heard by them so I expect they'll end up in my regular rotation of music.

That aside, Once Upon A Time's seasons premier last night. Much, much better than the last season. I've actually got hope for this show again. Some stuff still bugs me, and I wish certain characters would get more screen time, but overall I'm happy. Ah, I'm happy I can enjoy the show and spend my time wondering what next Disney movie or fairy tale they'll incorporate instead of complaining.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Once Upon A Time made some great decisions in last night's premiere to correct the mistakes of last season. I'm looking forward to what story the writers can make out of Neverland and Peter Pan. There's a lot of great potential here so long as they don't make the same storytelling mistakes they did last season.

Revenge also came back with a bang last night! Like Once, they cleaned up a lot of last season's dead weight and clearly showed a strong sign in what direction they're going this season. The traditional flash forward also has my interest piqued, rightfully so. There's just so much to say about the premiere, so many good things that is, and I can't wait to see the rest of the season unravel.

Years
On a more disappointing note, following what felt like a good start Sleepy Hollow seems to be headed in a monster-of-the-week direction and that's pretty boring. Of course, that could change, but I'm not yet completely sold on it. Haven't seen the latest episode yet (will watch tonight) but I really want it to be something different and good.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
That aside, Once Upon A Time's seasons premier last night. Much, much better than the last season. I've actually got hope for this show again. Some stuff still bugs me, and I wish certain characters would get more screen time, but overall I'm happy. Ah, I'm happy I can enjoy the show and spend my time wondering what next Disney movie or fairy tale they'll incorporate instead of complaining.

It's only one episode in, so I wouldn't be overly optimistic if you weren't a fan of last year. :P

Though, that split season format they're doing this year should offer a lot in the way of opportunity for the writers to create some tight pacing and know where they're going. I like the second season, for the most part, so I'm happy to see the show back. And man, Greg and Tamara? Their characters feel so wasted as of the most recent episode. I was hoping Greg would stick around for a while longer, it's probably my one complaint so far.

Also, loving the Mulan and Neal/Bae team, they're got some interesting chemistry. Hopefully Mulan gets a bit more of an active role this time around.

Years
I didn't like Greg and Tamara if I'm honest. No love lost there for me. But yes, Team Neal-Mulan-Aurora-Philip needs more screen time because they've got some good chemistry. I'm not too hopeful about that though. It seems like Neal is just stopping by to say hello and that the story is going to move on to the main cast.

A side note: Aurora's outfit made me think of Megara from Hercules. Man, I would love to see a Hades character in this show.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I wasn't a fan of Tamara, but I thought there was some real potential for Greg to evolve as a character. He's got a pretty tragic story that was so capable of growing and playing itself out throughout the season. And he's got a fairly personable actor behind him who I never quite bought as a villain. His whole character strikes me as a tragic one and the ending he gets seems so...abrupt? I'm not a fan of the way it plays out and can only hope he eventually comes back.

Guy

just a guy
Years
On a more disappointing note, following what felt like a good start Sleepy Hollow seems to be headed in a monster-of-the-week direction and that's pretty boring. Of course, that could change, but I'm not yet completely sold on it. Haven't seen the latest episode yet (will watch tonight) but I really want it to be something different and good.
Going into the show, I knew it was going to be set up as a procedural "monster of the week" type format with an overlapping story behind it. I tend to enjoy serialized shows more, but three episodes in I definitely am loving the way the show is carrying itself. The special effects they use are also quite stunning. In a way, it has kind of surprised me by how good it is, because I honestly wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do even though this type of genre is right down my alley. It certainly has me looking forward to it every week and I'm loving the chemistry between the leads and their development as characters.

re: Once Upon A Time

Getting rid of Tamara and Greg was a step in the right direction in my opinion. There was early potential with Greg in Season 2, but with the direction they took with him, he eventually became part of what was wrong with Season 2 especially in second half. So, like Scarf, there's no love lost there for me.

I am liking the side story of Neal, Mulan, Aurora, and Prince Phillip though in the Enchanted Forest though. There definitely seems to be some chemistry between Neal and Mulan there.

Years
Going into the show, I knew it was going to be set up as a procedural "monster of the week" type format with an overlapping story behind it. I tend to enjoy serialized shows more, but three episodes in I definitely am loving the way the show is carrying itself. The special effects they use are also quite stunning. In a way, it has kind of surprised me by how good it is, because I honestly wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do even though this type of genre is right down my alley. It certainly has me looking forward to it every week and I'm loving the chemistry between the leads and their development as characters.

re: Once Upon A Time

Getting rid of Tamara and Greg was a step in the right direction in my opinion. There was early potential with Greg in Season 2, but with the direction they took with him, he eventually became part of what was wrong with Season 2 especially in second half. So, like Scarf, there's no love lost there for me.

I am liking the side story of Neal, Mulan, Aurora, and Prince Phillip though in the Enchanted Forest though. There definitely seems to be some chemistry between Neal and Mulan there.
I guess I'm being a little harsh, but monster-of-the-week isn't quite what I was hoping for based on the pilot, which was pretty dang good as far as pilots go. I just can't commit to too many shows at once since I watch a few with friends so I want to be a little picky in what I follow.

I like the chemistry between Neal and Mulan, but I want them to have a bromance, not a romance. There's already so much more chemistry between Mulan and Aurora, though I'd be really surprised if ABC actually went there.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I guess I'm being a little harsh, but monster-of-the-week isn't quite what I was hoping for based on the pilot, which was pretty dang good as far as pilots go. I just can't commit to too many shows at once since I watch a few with friends so I want to be a little picky in what I follow.

I like the chemistry between Neal and Mulan, but I want them to have a bromance, not a romance. There's already so much more chemistry between Mulan and Aurora, though I'd be really surprised if ABC actually went there.
This just in, Sleepy Hollow renewed for a 13-episode second season!! Meaning Season 1 will be a total of 13 episodes. I really like that FOX is trying out the cable-esque format.

I agree on the bromance front. I don't want Neal and Mulan to get romantically involved. He seems really committed to getting Emma back and in doing so would just seem OOC and cliche. Mulan and Aurora though, I could led get on board with. However, I fear ABC wouldn't go there unfortunately.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Interesting to see Sleepy Hollow going the 13-episode a season route. I wouldn't have thought this was a show that could support something like that, with the monster of the week formula and all. Hopefully this means the show will tighten up in a few episodes and start making greater strides to the greater goal.

Mulan and Aurora though, I could led get on board with. However, I fear ABC wouldn't go there unfortunately.
If they did, they would need some way to get rid of Phillip at some point. I could see it being something Kitsis and Horowitz would want to dive into, but ABC would be the biggest hurdle there. Maybe if ratings continue to fall they'll try it out as some sort of "stunt" later on in the season.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Congratulations, you are the one millionth person to make that joke!

I'mma miss the show. It was surprisingly good. Great cast with a lot of drama and interesting stories emerging all around. I know ABC tends to burn off some of its canceled dramas, but I don't see that happening here. I doubt all 13 episodes were even filmed.

Years
I would have bet money the first show to get axed would be a Fox show. Well, there's still time.

Edit: Once Upon A Time actually went there. So proud of you. I was worried at first that they were setting up Mulan to be with Robin, but then, no! I was happy for, like, a minute, but then I had this sinking feeling that they were going to do what they did. So disappointed in the end. Was a good episode overall though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back