• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☄ Shocking Stars ☄ - The Electric Pokemon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Well that's great and all but...well, wouldn't a sea anemone be well...a Water Type?

Either way I want that Pokemon now. Because that is just SO COOL. So in that case would we want something like a Christmas Tree Pokemon? I mean, it has the plants and the electric lights, so it makes just as much sense.

(Do I count as 'you guys', because I just keep replying and replying. It's going to get old soon. xD)

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
I don't think it's too much to fudge the types a bit. I mean, Stunfisk is clearly a fish and should probably be Water-type, but its strange typing works with it very well.

One idea for Electric/Grass that I had was an electric pole with wires... but even as a fan of something like Trubbish, I think that's stretching it a bit, haha. Christmas tree Pokemon definitely works better. Or maybe some sort of weird carnivorous plant which uses lights and electricity to attract and stun prey. Something like this (click!) but instead of using sticky sap, the arms glow...? I don't even know, haha. But I do want a Pokemon with this typing to exist too, now.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Well that's great and all but...well, wouldn't a sea anemone be well...a Water Type?

Either way I want that Pokemon now. Because that is just SO COOL. So in that case would we want something like a Christmas Tree Pokemon? I mean, it has the plants and the electric lights, so it makes just as much sense.)
Well, yeah, but... Shh. xD It's the best I could come up with okay? xD I think a Christmas Tree Pokémon would be interesting, but isn't that what Abomasnow/Snover are meant to be? :3 Plus I can't really see how they'd make that without it looking really cheesey/awful :c But it would be interesting to see them try :D

I don't think it's too much to fudge the types a bit. I mean, Stunfisk is clearly a fish and should probably be Water-type, but its strange typing works with it very well.

One idea for Electric/Grass that I had was an electric pole with wires... but even as a fan of something like Trubbish, I think that's stretching it a bit, haha. Christmas tree Pokemon definitely works better. Or maybe some sort of weird carnivorous plant which uses lights and electricity to attract and stun prey. Something like this (click!) but instead of using sticky sap, the arms glow...? I don't even know, haha. But I do want a Pokemon with this typing to exist too, now.
I agree with the Stunfisk thing; especially since Stunfisk actually lives under water, so yeah the sea anemone idea could work x] Hmm, a pole with wires could be interesting, but it's kinda making me think Ferrothorn with a thinner body xD I reckon the image you linked would be perfect though, it already looks like it's glimmering with energy :D

So how about an Electric/Poison type? o3o I don't even know where to start with this one lmao; at the moment I'm just thinking a snake with an electric tail. xD Here's some Electric/Poison fakemon I found on Google, what do you guys think of them?

Spoiler:

I'm guessing the idea is to combine radiation and electricity... But yeah, I'm actually kinda like them tbh. And it's not like I can think of any better ideas xD It's an interesting direction to take Poison types in too tbh, using radiation as opposed to actual poison.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Or maybe some sort of weird carnivorous plant which uses lights and electricity to attract and stun prey.

I actually really like that idea. You definitely beat my Christmas Tree with that one. xD

I actually think a Christmas Tree Pokemon would be a complete disaster. All you'd really be doing is putting a string of lights around an Abomasnow and calling it an Electric Type.

Wait. Wait. I've got this. How about...Abomasnow Christmas Tree Form? Oh I'm so clever.

I agree with the Stunfisk thing; especially since Stunfisk actually lives under water, so yeah the sea anemone idea could work x]

I'm pretty sure a sea anemone isn't even a plant though. I'd say it would have to be a Water/Electric type.

EDIT: Oh, and for the Electric Poison types I see what they're trying to do, but I think it needs a serious change to it's colour scheme. xD

Last edited:

KyokuseiXRyusei

DenCabe! :3
Years
I don't mind seeing double-type Electric Pokemon. Actually, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there are any Electric/Poison type Pokemon. I want to see Electric/Ice type Pokemon, too.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Name: KoboraX
Partner Pokemon: Crash the Eelektross

In my opinion, Electric is only a good mix with Flying types. Zapdos is pretty much the only example of that, dispite the fact it's the only Electric/Flying type so far. Other than that, Dragon would be a possible good substitute with the case of Zekrom and how it brought Fusion Bolt and Bolt Strike to the Electric type world.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Wait. Wait. I've got this. How about...Abomasnow Christmas Tree Form? Oh I'm so clever.
... xD This would be wonderful paha. And what with all the new forms they're bringing in with Gen V.2, I wouldn't be surprised if this did actually happen haha. Maybe it could bring in a third typing and we'd get a Grass/Ice/Electric Pokémon - now that would be cool.

I don't mind seeing double-type Electric Pokemon. Actually, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there are any Electric/Poison type Pokemon. I want to see Electric/Ice type Pokemon, too.
There aren't, but I really think there should be :D What do you think they'd look like if they did exist? And the same for Ice/Electric types? :3 I find them both really hard to picture tbh; I can't think of anything to relate the types haha. How about a polarbear with a thunder hammer? xD

Name: KoboraX
Partner Pokemon: Crash the Eelektross

In my opinion, Electric is only a good mix with Flying types. Zapdos is pretty much the only example of that, dispite the fact it's the only Electric/Flying type so far. Other than that, Dragon would be a possible good substitute with the case of Zekrom and how it brought Fusion Bolt and Bolt Strike to the Electric type world.
Hi there, welcome to the club! :D What made you choose Eelektross as your partner Pokémon? ^^ Emolga and Thundurus are both Electric/Flying btw, although I agree that they don't really show off this dual typing very well compared to Zapdos. I reckon you're right about Dragon/Electric Pokémon though, I never thought of that! There's sooo much potential for that typing to exist; I'm picturing a massive glowing light blue dragon with massive yellow horns bellowing out thunderous ripples and glowing bolts of red hot lightning and hnggg this just sounds so cool in my mind. <333 What do you think new Dragon/Electric types could look like?

By the way, if you guys ever get tired of talking about new types of Electric Pokémon then feel free to start a new topic :D I'm just really interested in this side of things haha.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Maybe it could bring in a third typing and we'd get a Grass/Ice/Electric Pokémon - now that would be cool.

Third typing? Oh just imagine all the cool things that could bring about~

I mean, obviously it would be a little awkward in game, but think of all the designs that could come out of it. What about that? Would that change your perspective on what types you would add to electric if you could add not one, but two types? I sound like a person on an infomercial. Don't I? xD

That said, I want that Electric/Psychic, and an Electric/Grass. Make it happen. I am the prettiest princess in all the land, and I hate waiting.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I know haha, it'd bring out some seriously cool new strategies and abilities for our darling Electric types to use! And some of the designs, just wow. How about a Water/Grass/Electric type? -subtly nudges sea anemone- ;D So what would be the best two types to combine with Electric? o.o I guess Electric, Fighting and Water would be good since that'd cover pretty much any enemy you could imagine; and I'm sure something that badass would look amazing. xD

Electric and Psychic hmm... Interesting idea, what kind of things could you think of for that? Atm I'm just thinking a Grumpig that has a yellow gem on it's forehead lmao.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
What would an Electric / Fighting / Water type even be?

You could have an Electric / Flying / Water type, like a thunderstorm maybe, or the Electric / Grass / Water type like you said. There are just so many combinations...

I looked up Electric / Psychic types, and all I could find was a lightbulb Pokemon and a recolour of Pikachu. I was confused.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Triple-types hurt my brain.

Though that's viable for the new Kyurem forms, I guess - Black Kyurem, in particular, could have an Dragon/Ice/Electric typing. That actually sounds like a fierce combination of offensive types... and is really just asking for an Earthquake to the face, haha.

Also, Electric/Fighting just made me think of a fighting kangaroo with electric gloves. So Electric/Fighting/Water is a fighting kangaroo with electric gloves... and snorkel gear. I don't even know.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
So Electric/Fighting/Water is a fighting kangaroo with electric gloves... and snorkel gear. I don't even know.

This. See this? This is what I want. We here at the Electric Pokemon Fan Club should design Pokemon. We clearly are creative prodigies.

But on the other hand maybe triple typing isn't such a great idea, as far as game mechanics go...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
What would an Electric / Fighting / Water type even be?

You could have an Electric / Flying / Water type, like a thunderstorm maybe, or the Electric / Grass / Water type like you said. There are just so many combinations...

I looked up Electric / Psychic types, and all I could find was a lightbulb Pokemon and a recolour of Pikachu. I was confused.
An Electric/Fighting/Water type, uhh... I suppose it could be... -draws a blank- Okay yeah good point, I have no idea, but that's not for us to have to decide anyway xD How about a Poliwrath with thunder gloves? c; I love the thunderstorm Pokémon idea though omg, but wouldn't that be way too similar to the Kami trio? D: And yeah, a light bulb family parallel to Litwick is what I'd expect from an Electric/Psychic family tbch. Which is disappointing, but what else could it really be? D:

Triple-types hurt my brain.

Though that's viable for the new Kyurem forms, I guess - Black Kyurem, in particular, could have an Dragon/Ice/Electric typing. That actually sounds like a fierce combination of offensive types... and is really just asking for an Earthquake to the face, haha.

Also, Electric/Fighting just made me think of a fighting kangaroo with electric gloves. So Electric/Fighting/Water is a fighting kangaroo with electric gloves... and snorkel gear. I don't even know.
Ahahahaha. That made me laugh. xD Now this I would love to see. xD Is having the capability for using Electric punches enough to be called Electric type though? I won't even go into the snorkel thing. xD I think that would be the basis for any future Electric/Fighting types though. Tbh I'm really surprised Electivire wasn't one. D:

This. See this? This is what I want. We here at the Electric Pokemon Fan Club should design Pokemon. We clearly are creative prodigies.

But on the other hand maybe triple typing isn't such a great idea, as far as game mechanics go...
I think we'd have a huge surplus of Electric Pokémon if this was the case. xD Not that I'm complaining. ♥

Oshawott01

Awesome Oshawotter
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2012
USER: Oshawott01
PARTNER: Sugar the Pachirisu
TOPIC: I love electric pokemon for many reasons: There shocking personality, or is it their strength, is it the extreme cuteness of some of theme but the thing I love most about them is that they are all different! YAY!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
The Ultimate Rate Index

This will be used as an index for past rates, currently running rates, and potential future rates. If you want to add a past rate to this index or suggest a future rate, post in here!

Ongoing RatesFuture Rates
  • Anastacia (Regina)
  • Enrique Iglesias (*Tim)
  • Spice Girls (Jonjo)
  • Pussycat Dolls (Jáhq)
  • Shania Twain (*Tim)
Past Rates

Official Ultimate RatesDiscography RatesOther RatesFlop RatesPlease post links to any other Ultimate Rates you are aware of below and feel free to suggest future rates! :D

Last edited:

Clucknadus

Tornadus Therian Form
Years
I'd like to join, please!
Name: Clucknadus
Partner Pokemon: Dragdurus the Thundurus (This is Therian Form Thundurus, I'll put an icon if you need it)
642-therian.png

On topic: I love electric-types for one because they have some of the coolest-looking attacks of all Pokemon. They're also a common sight in rain teams abusing their 100% accurate Thunder. Most of them are very fast, too, making them tough to outspeed in battle. As far as appearance, some are cute, some aren't, some just look plain awesome.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd like to join, please!
Name: Clucknadus
Partner Pokemon: Dragdurus the Thundurus (This is Therian Form Thundurus, I'll put an icon if you need it)
642-therian.png

On topic: I love electric-types for one because they have some of the coolest-looking attacks of all Pokemon. They're also a common sight in rain teams abusing their 100% accurate Thunder. Most of them are very fast, too, making them tough to outspeed in battle. As far as appearance, some are cute, some aren't, some just look plain awesome.

Hi there, welcome to the club! :D I must ask, what made you choose the Therian Forme Thundurus? c: It's incredibly cool and seems like it'll be very powerful, but I didn't know it had that much press yet. x] (Thanks for the icon btw!) I have to agree with you about Thunder abuse in rain teams; it's incredible how many times that comes up in OU battles now from Pokémon like Zapdos/Drifblim - and especially from Pokémon like Thundurus or Dragonite that get both Thunder and Hurricane. :3 And yes, most Electric types do look plain awesome. ♥

So replying to that gave me a thought; why is the move Thunder called 'Thunder', considering Thunder is just noise? Shouldn't the move be called 'Lightning'? Noise can't hurt you (other than things like Sonic Boom), but lightning is where the actual electricity is held... Right? o3o

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
I'd Like to join.
Name: Okjoek
Partner: Electivire
Discussion:

In my recent school year I had taken classes on basic and digital electronics and got the 3rd highest grade of all the final tests. If Pokemon were real I'd have to say I'd definatly be an electric type (or water, but that's another story) user, maybe even gym leader, elite four or champion.

I would have a team with some cool pokemon like:
Eelektross
Magnezone
Rotom (wash probably)
Galvantula
Electivire

That's only 5 so I'm not sure what my last one would be because there's so many good ones to choose from Zekrom would be my choice in a heartbeat because it's so amazing looking if it weren't banned for being legendary. Curse you Nintendo!!!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Heading 1

Heading 2

Heading 3

Heading 4

Horizontal Rule

[h1]Heading 1[/h1]

[h2]Heading 2[/h2]

[h3]Heading 3[/h3]

[h4]Heading 4[/h4]

Horizontal Rule
[hr][/hr]

Last edited:

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Oh Sorry, For a dual typing I'd have to say Grass or fighting.

What made me love electric types?

I supose it's my personality. Efficiency and Practicality mean a lot to me. Electricity is what seems to make the world go round today. This very conversation runs on it! It's also verry expensive, which is why I like to have my own ways of generating it. Solar pannels, wind turbines and electric dams are the way to go! Nature does all the work while I can sit back and relax and the money I save I can use for th next pokemon game =P

Why did I choose Electivire as my partner? It just seemed to be the strongest! I could've picked a raichu, but that wouldn't be as efficient or practical in battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back