• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?pc Is Back With New Features!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
POK?PC 1.5 is OUT!!

Readme_En.txt file:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POK?PC Engine by ExtraOrdinary Team (Version 1.5)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Contents:

I) About POK?PC Engine.
II) Instructions.
III) Legal information.
IV) New features.
V) Known limitations.
VI) Troubleshoot.
VII) About.
(I)About POK?PC Engine:

This is still under development. We are working on it and offering huge efforts so as to add
so many new additions. Wait for new releases and updates!
(II)Instructions:

*At first: - For fullscreen mode, run POKEPC.EXE.
- For windowed mode, run POKEPC_W.EXE.

*Game keys: - Arrows for moving the player.
- Z Key for action.
- Hold X Key for running across the map.
- Enter (Return) Key for main menu.
- ESC for ending the program.

*Map list: - 0 and From 2 to 5: LITTLEROOT TOWN.
- 1: ROUTE 101.
- 11: PALLET TOWN.
- 12: ROUTE 1.
- 50: LAKE OF RAGE.
- 100: LEGEND ISLANDS (Bonus map!).

*Starters: - 00=??????????
- 01=RAIKOU
- 02=ENTEI
- 03=SUICINE
- 04=LUGIA
- 05=HO-OH
- 06=SALAMENCE
- 07=CELEBI
- 08=BULBASAUR
- 09=CHARMANDER
- 10=SQUIRTLE
- 11=CHARIZARD
- 12=DEOXYS (Normal form)
- 13=DEOXYS (Attack form)
- 14=DEOXYS (Defence form)
- 15=KYOGRE
- 16=GROUDON
- 17=RAYQUAZA
- 18=ZAPDOS
- 19=MOLTRES
- 20=ARTICUNO
- 21=REGI-ROCK
- 22=REGI-ICE
- 23=REGI-STEEL
- 24=MEWTWO
(III)Legal information:

This is a free demo, and cannot be sold. All rights are reserved to Nintendo, Creatures Inc.
and Game Freak. This is only a fan game engine not a commercial one.
(IV)Current features:

1- Supported map connections finally!
2- Different walking modes like running mode.
3- Supported map wraps and gamma fading methods.
4- Fixed speed issues.
5- Wild POK?MON battle finally!
6- Main menu is now available.
7- Tile animation speed issue fixed.
8- New bonus map (LEGEND ISLANDS).
(V)Known limitations:

1- You cannot catch wild POK?MON.
2- You cannot gain EXP points.
3- You can only wander in the following maps:
->LITTLEROOT TOWN (except PROF. BIRCH LAB). ~HOENN~
->ROUTE 101. ~HOENN~
->PALLET TOWN. ~KANTO~
->ROUTE 1. ~KANTO~
->LAKE OF RAGE. ~JOHTO~
->LEGEND ISLANDS. ~BONUS~
4- You cannot choose anything in the main menu.
(VI)Troubleshoot FAQ:

1- The program gives me a run-time error "Object doesn't support this action". Why?
A: This has probably occured because of running the fullscreen mode of the program under Windows
XP with Service Pack 2 installed. You should run the windowed mode instead as SP2 doesn't
support resolutions less than 800x600 pixels.

2- The game hanged in the middle of wild battle scene. What to do?
A: Right click on your Desktop -> Choose Properities -> "Settings" tab -> "Advanced" button ->
"Monitor" tab -> Set refresh rate to 70 Hz at least or higher if you have good VGA card.

3- The game is running slow on my PC. What to do?
A: You should set your VGA card refresh rate to its optimal value or at least 70 Hz following
the steps mentioned in the previous answer.
(VII)About:

Team Leader: Muhammed Essaiyed.
Members: Normmatt - Glowing Gold - Grand Grimoire - Ashly138 - Aaron Heal.
URL: http://pokepc.normmatt.com/news.php
Forum: http://pokepc.normmatt.com/forum
E-mail: [email protected]

Special thanks to DJ Bouche, Ashly138, Normmatt, Glowing Gold and RPGDEV for their cool efforts!
? 2005 ExtraOrdinary Team.

Screenshots of the LEGEND ISLAND (type 100 at map entry box):
pokepc13.png
pokepc14.png

pokepc15.png
pokepc16.png

pokepc17.png
pokepc18.png

Download links Mirror-I Mirror-II

WAITING FOR YOUR REPLIES :D :D

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
Well I said it wouldn't work because I thought I was missing some files but I found out why so nevermind that. Looks good. Still in great development though.

Edit: Nevermind about the map transition. It was something else, lol. So what do you use to code this? I mean, notepad won't open it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
Very Nice! There was a little problem with Zapdos and Articuno where if you press Z they cry but you wont ingage in battle until you press Z again. Other than that its great especially the cbs.

Years
Where's the credit for my hero sprite? I specifically noted that you MUST give me credit when using in the readme file on my website.

Link

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
Where's the credit for my hero sprite? I specifically noted that you MUST give me credit when using in the readme file on my website.

Link

Oh my! Are you the maker of these sprites?
I think you should be proud of it instead of complaining about the credits...

Well, I asked you before to make some sprites and be member of the team, but you refused :(

Others: Yes! It's a part of an actual game called "POK?PC : Rainbow Edition" :D

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2007
sO,ITS A SYSTEM TO CREATE POKEMON GAMES AND A GAME!cool!!!

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
I'm pleased that you've finally got it although you could notice it in the beginning of the topic ^^'

YAY!! Now 100 posts :D

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2007
One LAST QUESTION!wHEN i DOWNLOAD YOUR LATEST VERSION,i CANT ENTER IT!wHAT GIVES!

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2009
ExtraOrdinary said:
Oh my! Are you the maker of these sprites?

Well, I asked you before to make some sprites and be member of the team, but you refused :(

Others: Yes! It's a part of an actual game called "POK?PC : Rainbow Edition" :D

I'd like to point out that he has every right to be annoyed. Technically you have stolen his work without asking. Basically its like you follow a guy around all day with a camera without letting him know, and then make a movie about it, which is ilegal because you didn't have their consent.

So technically he should be angry at you for stealing his work.

Years
ExtraOrdinary said:
Not much to be proud of if you leave out the credit and people think you made it. That kinda defeats the purpose of my work.

ExtraOrdinary said:
That was probaly around the time I was extremely busy with my personal life. Hence why I refused.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
I run XP, I get around 64 fps which is really smooth.

Rating: 9.
It's in an early version and I know everything will work perfect when you complete this engine. Otherwise in its current state for what it is supposed to be, I'd give it a 6. But I know it will be far better as this used to be last year terrible. Come a long way.

If I could figure out how to edit ppm files, that'd be great. Or like if you could explain how people use this to make their own full games.

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
Take a look at the resource thread, you should find what you need there.

That was your reply to a private message of mine, then I began to follow the resources. Well, I've only used one sprite of your work. I'll then replace it with another one if u still complain about the credits. :\

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
Webmaster Tyler said:
this isnt that great of a game cause of how you have the words on it you shjould take that away

Please re-arrange your words again so as to understand what you mean :surprised
If you mean the logo of the team, you don't have the right to say this :P

Here's the new spriteset (lite) attached :P

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
You know how you have your company across it in the game? That's what he's talking about. Yeah.. removed really easy. Just make the picture the same color as the background. Easy.

ExtraOrdinary

ExtraOrdinary Team Brain
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
Barry said:
You know how you have your company across it in the game? That's what he's talking about. Yeah.. removed really easy. Just make the picture the same color as the background. Easy.

Yes, the logo isn't a problem at all. If you got (screwed up) "sorry for bad language", you'd remove it very easily :pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back