• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
Aaah ! Good work dude ! You fixed Suicune' sprite ? And you added MORE NEW REARRANGED THEMES ? Damn, I can't be wrong, I know the hack I am playing : simply the update of the best ! Well done, especially for the themes, I only listened to that one from Sinnoh, I forgot it's name, and I'm in love, it's great that you still attach importance to the music, like I was saying months ago, keep up the good work ! It's time to play !

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Going to release RC 2.02 in a few minutes. Realized that the titlescreen music doesn't play. I may do live updates only for the remainder of the beta 3 era before moving on to beta 4.
Also in 2.02 there's going to be a promotional item given away at any market that basically checks your current build version so you don't get confused, cause I'll be making little fixes along the way.

And thanks for the support
Gokudera ElPsyCongroo!

Years
Yeah I noticed it but I though it was intentional since, you know, it's Lance's battle theme, maybe it shouldn't be used for a title screen ? (but it excites haha !)
I noticed too that when a npc walked from his position, he won't stay there when he gets out of the camera, for example : Oak came next to me but returned to his first location when I moved.
And I don't know if it's a bug but I was walking and my Eevee suddenly started to cry and it said "eevee is happy", just as though I talked to it in heartgold… if it's not a bug I LOVE that ! Your can sometimes know if you pokemon is happy, etc, thats cool.
That game is great, love how you changed the regular battle theme (in addition you said that it's time based ?!), the previous one wasn't bad but I love that one… aaah… it's good to play this game again.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Yeah I noticed it but I though it was intentional since, you know, it's Lance's battle theme, maybe it shouldn't be used for a title screen ? (but it excites haha !)
I noticed too that when a npc walked from his position, he won't stay there when he gets out of the camera, for example : Oak came next to me but returned to his first location when I moved.
And I don't know if it's a bug but I was walking and my Eevee suddenly started to cry and it said "eevee is happy", just as though I talked to it in heartgold… if it's not a bug I LOVE that ! Your can sometimes know if you pokemon is happy, etc, thats cool.
That game is great, love how you changed the regular battle theme (in addition you said that it's time based ?!), the previous one wasn't bad but I love that one… aaah… it's good to play this game again.
It was actually a new replacement haha. I think this new one fits more. The reason why it didn't play cause I screwed it up by repointing a sprite to it lol.
1) As for the camera thing, I think that's a limitation of the memory. Once the sprite is no longer processed on screen, it goes back it's default position?
2) As for the Eevee script, it was just a simple text string, not anything reading its happiness haha.
3) Although I do need to add one of those happiness readers in-game.
4) And yup there is night/day, regional music (Seijo has its own wild/trainer music), and battle music for certain prominent trainer classes like the annoying Fighter Bros lol and Roughnecks.

You will hear daytime wild battle music from 12pm to 8pm. The calmer "night" version of it starts from 8pm into the morning until noon. So yea, the morning has the calmer "night" theme.

Years
I love that haha, I just keep changing my computer's time so I can hear all themes, since I don't know if I'll come back to route 49, for example, in morning. I'm probably messing up the daily evolutions but it's worth it. Love the fact that you use the game's instruments instead of using that patch, forgot it's name, which permitts to use dp or bw instruments, you really give this game a good feel.
Do you know if in vba it's possible to use the fast forward functionality only to speed up the frames and not the music ? I don't know if it's even possible, maybe it would require to desync them ?
Anyway, in route 49 the bug catcher's battle theme (and only his), can only start after a slight delay, thats not annoying but since we're speaking of that… I can't wait to hear further themes, anyway !
Yeah the sprite goes back to its default position, not a problem but couldn't it become a problem in certain cases, like for example rocks we pushed etc ?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I love that haha, I just keep changing my computer's time so I can hear all themes, since I don't know if I'll come back to route 49, for example, in morning. I'm probably messing up the daily evolutions but it's worth it. Love the fact that you use the game's instruments instead of using that patch, forgot it's name, which permitts to use dp or bw instruments, you really give this game a good feel.
Do you know if in vba it's possible to use the fast forward functionality only to speed up the frames and not the music ? I don't know if it's even possible, maybe it would require to desync them ?
Anyway, in route 49 the bug catcher's battle theme (and only his), can only start after a slight delay, thats not annoying but since we're speaking of that… I can't wait to hear further themes, anyway !
Yeah the sprite goes back to its default position, not a problem but couldn't it become a problem in certain cases, like for example rocks we pushed etc ?
I'm not too sure about the VBA functionality with that. I'll look into it. I don't think it's possible though.
Yeah, the male and female battle encounters are a tad off. I'm going to fix it for 3.0 2.03.
From my memory, I think that only happens to Oak, the others like boulders seem fine.
--------------------

--------------------
And I looked into the sprite resetting its position problem. Interesting. It happens with boulders too hmm. I don't think that ever happened before. I'm going to have to fix this for 3.0 2.03. Going to backtrack my backups until I find the one where it last worked.

And looks like Live Updates are going to have to be the way to go now considering that this game is no longer small. I'll be providing constant bug fixes daily.

And this is also very important: Always make backups of your save file's progress just in case something ever happens (although I doubt it). But in the case it does, that would help me because you can send me the copy of that save before the problem occurred so I can try to repeat the problem.

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I don't know why the evolution method table keeps being inconsistent like that. It works then it doesn't, and it works again. Hmm.

I notched up all the other methods. I know those work for a fact. It was supposed to evolve when it learned a certain move.
According to what you said, it sounds as if that method of evolution got some of its bytes overwritten or something. This will be an easily fix nonetheless.

(Or maybe I never assigned Riolu the move he needed)
Cause I literally just tested this method with a different creature last week and it worked.

Last edited:
Years
Also when you obtain a gym badge there is no text, just the music (but could be intentional since we know we have the badge haha)
But when you get out of the first gym, isn't an event supposed to happen ? I talked to a kid who said there was a boom, etc, and the cop who was blocking the entrance of the cave said that he was pushed aside but aren't we supposed to see him being pushed aside ? Because - I played RC1 months ago so I can't really remember - but I think in RC1 there was an event right after we get out of the gym ? Otherwise it can seem a little disorienting, in the first time, especially if we don't talk to anyone…?

Edit : Oh wow I encountered Suicune ! But it is level10, is it normal ? I can capture it then, I think, I wasn't able in RC1 !
Edit2 : No maybe I should've tried a ball first haha

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Alright, trying to get back up to RC1 left off to continue the walkthrough, but there are a few things up.

First in the Battle Lodge Stage 4: The battle freezes, now i'm not sure if its my rom, and if I remember correctly that's the only way to progress the game.

Also, after defeating Joey, I had went into the bar and bought the drinks for the sailor, when I got to the beach I couldn't get out, no sailor to take me back, It also freezes when I attempt to talk to the Boat.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Also when you obtain a gym badge there is no text, just the music (but could be intentional since we know we have the badge haha)
But when you get out of the first gym, isn't an event supposed to happen ? I talked to a kid who said there was a boom, etc, and the cop who was blocking the entrance of the cave said that he was pushed aside but aren't we supposed to see him being pushed aside ? Because - I played RC1 months ago so I can't really remember - but I think in RC1 there was an event right after we get out of the gym ? Otherwise it can seem a little disorienting, in the first time, especially if we don't talk to anyone…?

Edit : Oh wow I encountered Suicune ! But it is level10, is it normal ? I can capture it then, I think, I wasn't able in RC1 !
Edit2 : No maybe I should've tried a ball first haha
Yeah the Suicune event is normal just like prior releases. But this time you cannot capture it at all. It is not meant to be captured at that time.
Alright, trying to get back up to RC1 left off to continue the walkthrough, but there are a few things up.

First in the Battle Lodge Stage 4: The battle freezes, now i'm not sure if its my rom, and if I remember correctly that's the only way to progress the game.

Also, after defeating Joey, I had went into the bar and bought the drinks for the sailor, when I got to the beach I couldn't get out, no sailor to take me back, It also freezes when I attempt to talk to the Boat.
Darn. I thought I fixed that. Guess I forgot. No worries. I know why that happened. Apparently the inserted Zaquar sprite got corrupted in its slots. So I'll just change that Traiiner to a different sprite. He's that copycat guy right?

And as for the bar, are you sure you' have 3.0 2.02 and not 3.0 2.00 (first release)? That happens because I forgot to cross reference the non functioning 0x1xxx flags from the sailor to the newer ones which I did for 3.0 2.02.

Where do I find pikaboo
You have to find the 6 Silver feathers in Silversky.
--------------------
Whew. Can't believe I wrote all of this on my iPhone. Took ages lol. Stay tuned for 3.0 2.05. Thanks for the help guys. All these glitches are easy fixes by the way!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Darn. I thought I fixed that. Guess I forgot. No worries. I know why that happened. Apparently the inserted Zaquar sprite got corrupted in its slots. So I'll just change that Traiiner to a different sprite. He's that copycat guy right?

And as for the bar, are you sure you' have 3.0 2.02 and not 3.0 2.00 (first release)? That happens because I forgot to cross reference the non functioning 0x1xxx flags from the sailor to the newer ones which I did for 3.0 2.02.

Yeah, it was the copycat one, I see it was due to the sprite that makes sense. also i'm guessing I don't have the right version, since the Beach part isn't working.

Would I have to start over again to use a newer build?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years

Yeah, it was the copycat one, I see it was due to the sprite that makes sense. also i'm guessing I don't have the right version, since the Beach part isn't working.

Would I have to start over again to use a newer build?
Nope! You're good! As long as you started with RC 2.
--------------------
EDIT A - All recently mentioned bugs (besides the sprite off screen reload) have been fixed! Including Riolu's evolution and the Battle Lodge 4 match.

Last edited:
Back