• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
I like the idea of a type that is super effective against Fighting, Dragon, and Dark. Maybe even hopefully Water instead of Dark.

Those are, in my opinion, the types that kind of dominate upper tiers in competitive play (less so Dark only because we have a shortage of viable Dark Pokemon.) It could really balance out the type advantages and disadvantages that have pretty much doomed certain types to lower tiers. If this new type was weak to Poison, Ice, and Bug it could really help their offensive capabilities as all these types are kind of underused and uncared for when it comes to offense AND defense unless paired with a good dual typing.

Although some of these aren't possible if we listen to the rumors. I don't really care for them though, as at this point and time, they are only rumors.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
As long as the types that suffer from Stealth Rock aren't weak against the new type I'm sold, especially if said types like Ice are super effective against whatever new type it'll be.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I heard a rumour that there's now a rumours thread. Is that true? :P

Joking aside, does this mean all "Light"/"Fairy"/WhateverYouCallIt type discussion goes there now?

Cyclone

Last edited:

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
As long as the types that suffer from Stealth Rock aren't weak against the new type I'm sold, especially if said types like Ice are super effective against whatever new type it'll be.

New type is resistant to Ice... Read the pretty type chart I spent an hour making... Its aligned perfected btw so it shouldn't be difficult to read... I might need to change colors for some people's eyes and color blind people... I will do that if we get more news on the type.

ALL RUMORS TO THE X/Y RUMORS THREAD!
This thread can now be focused on general chit chat about X and Y, your wishlists, and other minor speculations about the games. All rumors can now be discussed in the new rumors thread. Yaaaay!

Wasn't this the speculation thread? Why not just make a new chit-chat thread and keep this the rumors one, as that's what it mainly is now anyways...

Guy

just a guy
Years
I heard a rumour that there's now a rumours thread. Is that true? :P

Joking aside, does this mean all "Light"/"Fairy"/WhateverYouCallIt type discussion goes there now?
There was always the An introduction of new types...? to speculate a possible new type, whether it was a Fairy type, Light type or something new entirely. Any rumors circulating about a new type can be taken to the new rumors thread or speculated in the "An introduction of new types...?" But this thread is still open to discussing the types and how a new type would be placed in the chart and all that jazz.

Make sense?

Wasn't this the speculation thread? Why not just make a new chit-chat thread and keep this the rumors one, as that's what it mainly is now anyways...
It was honestly easier and simpler to make a new thread dedicated to rumors. There's always the chance that members pull up old discussions and quotes from previous pages here and turning the topic away from rumors into a general discussion, which still happens. Thus the new thread.

Not to make it seem like you have to start a new topic entirely, you can just shift the current rumors conversion that was taking place here and continue to discuss it in the new rumors thread. If any of you guys have any more questions or suggestions about the section, please feel free to PM me. We're basically off-topic now talking about threads and not the games. D:

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Well in french I don't know any female having Patrice as a name they are named Patricia instead.

My parents are french. My father's name is Mike and goes by it here because we live in a mainly english speaking province but in French places he usually is called and goes by Michelle instead of Mike because it is more proper. Either way Michelle is a unisex name for them, females can be called Michelle and not Mike, but males can be called Michelle or Mike. I have a feeling Patrice and Patricia is kind of the same thing. Females can most likely be called Patrice and also go by Patricia while males can just be called Patrice.

I don't know, that is just my guess.
Although I don't think we have to worry about Patrice being the professor. I don't believe that rumor especially. Why break the whole trend of trees when it's been a staple for 5 generations now? Plus it just sounds.. meh.

blue

gucci
Years
Teak or Maple seem reasonable, although I have a strange feeling that they're going to steer away from the whole Tree theme.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I still figure Patrice being a first name would mean its the first name...
Ala Professor Patrice Maple or Professor Patrice Willow...

Guy

just a guy
Years
My choice was Pine.

I think they're very common in France.

Cyclone
I think you're right. Just doing a quick google search, Pine did come up as one of the common trees in Northern France. They also had Hawthorne and Chestnut listed and Olive as a popular tree in Southern France. Professor Olive sounds nice.

Also, as expected, today's Pokémon Smash basically covered everything that we already knew from this month's CoroCoro. Although, they did show some extra footage of riding Gogoat and watching the protagonist run around (diagonally too). It looked nice!

Apparently Serebii and Bulbagarden tweeted that we'd be getting weekly news from Smash now, but as Bulbagarden mentioned it could just be the little things (ex. further detail on character customization) that they only brushed over today.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
Sweet! Serebii said there will be weekly leaks from Pokémon Smash!

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I think you're right. Just doing a quick google search, Pine did come up as one of the common trees in Northern France. They also had Hawthorne and Chestnut listed and Olive as a popular tree in Southern France. Professor Olive sounds nice.
Yup. I did the same search a month or two ago and picked Pine from that. However, Olive would be nice if it's a female professor - and is an actual female name - but that kind of skews the tree theme slightly by making it a fruit tree (for all intents and purposes, trees are said to "bear fruit", so I'm referring to the olive as a fruit here). I mean, what's up in Gen. VII? Professor Apple? :P

I also picked protagonist names from a similar Google search. Leo/Lea and Xavier/Yvonne (I think the latter, might have that wrong) were the results of that search.

Also, as expected, today's Pokémon Smash basically covered everything that we already knew from this month's CoroCoro. Although, they did show some extra footage of riding Gogoat and watching the protagonist run around (diagonally too). It looked nice!
I'll have to look for it on Youtube to see how this Gogoat riding looks. Did it seem to be in the same city?

Apparently Serebii and Bulbagarden tweeted that we'd be getting weekly news from Smash now, but as Bulbagarden mentioned it could just be the little things (ex. further detail on character customization) that they only brushed over today.
They probably translated that from something said on the show. Of course, they can't provide any more detail than what the show itself says.

Cyclone

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I hope they reveal if we can change their clothes and maybe even their eye color, those small kind of things would make me happy.

Hasn't that already been confirmed? I mean besides the sunglasses not being a static item showed off by the trainer with the character swinging on a vine... Didn't they say we got full customization options at some point?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Yup. I did the same search a month or two ago and picked Pine from that. However, Olive would be nice if it's a female professor - and is an actual female name - but that kind of skews the tree theme slightly by making it a fruit tree (for all intents and purposes, trees are said to "bear fruit", so I'm referring to the olive as a fruit here). I mean, what's up in Gen. VII? Professor Apple? :P

I also picked protagonist names from a similar Google search. Leo/Lea and Xavier/Yvonne (I think the latter, might have that wrong) were the results of that search.

I'll have to look for it on Youtube to see how this Gogoat riding looks. Did it seem to be in the same city?

They probably translated that from something said on the show. Of course, they can't provide any more detail than what the show itself says.

Cyclone
Same city, yes.

I'd like another female professor. We've already had four guys in a row, I wouldn't mind another woman.

I hope they reveal if we can change their clothes and maybe even their eye color, those small kind of things would make me happy.
As LycaNinja said, from the details given on the official site, it has been confirmed that we'll be able to customize more than just our hair, eye color, and skin color. We'll be able to pick up new outfits and accessories along the way. You can check it out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back