• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nameless Sprite Editor [Classic]

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2015
can you make it also possible to add pallette's and OW's cuz that would be cool

TAKUORO

Pyro from WAH ;D
Years
Hehe, incredible man thanks.
Amzaing tool here, I really loke these new additions.
Good luck, kept up the good work :)

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
hey man!
this is a very good tool!!
I have a suggestion that, in my opinion, could be util for you..
it's about the possibility to import the library of OW..
I think that you should add the function of import of the whole set with a only command..
otherwise if the user wanted to insert an alone OW at time, it will use the command "import frame"..
no?

link12552

decade club
Years
hey man!
this is a very good tool!!
I have a suggestion that, in my opinion, could be util for you..
it's about the possibility to import the library of OW..
I think that you should add the function of import of the whole set with a only command..
otherwise if the user wanted to insert an alone OW at time, it will use the command "import frame"..
no?

Sure, I'll try adding an import all function, but right now I'm kinda busy researching the "unknown" bytes and their references to size and animation,
but I'll make the function a priority for the next update.

Edit:
--------------------------------------
icon.png
--------------------------------------​
UPDATE!!!!

Release version: 1.0 is done! :classic:

- I've fixed the re-size function, as well as several other small errors...
- I've also embedded the correct unknown bytes into NSE
- The unknown bytes are completely dynamic, they change with the ROM header/inherit value.
- Import library now has a save all function.;)

Get it now: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=205687

feel free to post comments

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2010
Rewording my original problem...
How do you change what palette a particular sprite uses? For example, I'm writing over a picture that uses palette 3 and change it to palette 5 in the program and it looks great. Then I go to actually insert the sprite in the game and it is still using palette 3 so the colors on the sprite are all wrong. I open NSE again to make sure I had changed it to palette 5 and saved and it says that it is indeed palette 5. What's going on?

link12552

decade club
Years
Edit *.nsl ?

Currently the only way to use an *.nsl is in NSE itself,
there is currently no way to edit this file type...
-so-
A Nameless Sprite Library editor is nonexistent, for the time being,...

but that does give me an Idea ;)...

Last edited:

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
i was alittle dissapointed to find out that the pallet editing function, only changed the selected pallet and not the individual sprite, wouldnt it be possible to do like wichu's sprite editor where you can change the individual sprite into any 16 colors?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
um...just for the record, he doesn't "make" the pallettes fit the sprites, he makes the sprites fit the pallettes, otherwise, any other pokemon using that pallette would look all weirdish.

link12552

decade club
Years
IMPORTANT UPDATE

Issue:

There is a palette reading error in NSE 1.0.0.0 :shocked:
In 1.0.0.0 , when reading palettes from the palette table if NSE came across
a pointer with a "0" in the 7th index, it would stop reading the information and state that the current palette was nonexistent.
:'(

The error effected a large majority of headers including (Spanish and Japanese versions)

This has been fixed, and I highly recommend downloading the newer version (1.0.0.1) :nervous:

-solved!-

Scarex

Beautyfool.
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2020
Wow, cool (y)
I like the tool, especially for the easiest way to change palletes or to load sprites ^ ^

One thing, could you be able to add a couple of functions to the tool?
How to increase the number of minis or add more frames to some that have only 0, is it possible? ^ ^

Greetings!

link12552

decade club
Years
Update Version 1.5

UPDATE!
Version 1.5

- Fixed some small issues...
- Slightly increased core speed...
- Added a custom built basic hex editor!

Hexedit.png

click the "nse hex editor..." box to access the notes textbox

Features:
-Scroll bar
-Dynamic loading, for lighting fast speed
-A box that shows the ASCII version
-Editable hex and ASCII
-Some stored offsets (Sprite table, Sprite Offset, Header...)
-Side offset bar, with highlighting.
-Designed with sprite editing in mind ;)
(Eight columns are easier to work with due to formatting and algorithm length)

Note: The hex editor is located under View

Edit: BUG-FIX

A problem(s) was found in NSE,

-For people using Ruby Sapphire or Emerald in previous versions of NSE, when changing the palette index, the in-game sprite palette was still that of the original. The fix involved adding a function to change the first 2 bytes under "Unknown 2".

-The sprite library "save all" function has also been fixed, fulfilling accuracy and eliminating the "fuzzy" imports.

All known bugs have been fixed and the newest version 1.5.2 is available for download

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Sweet tool, but correct me if I'm wrong. You can edit the trainer's backsprite with this. (I'm asking because of the offset finder, and it shows us the backsprite.)

link12552

decade club
Years
Offset browsing save

Sweet tool, but correct me if I'm wrong. You can edit the trainer's backsprite with this. (I'm asking because of the offset finder, and it shows us the backsprite.)

Yes you can, but before you do anything, DOWNLOAD THE NEWER VERSION.
There are two version of NSE 1.52, there's the old one and the new one I just uploaded, right now. In the other version when saving it will overwrite the first frame of a sprite with the browsed image.
-Also NSE can be used to edit any uncompressed image in the ROM, just as programs, like tilemolster.

Back