• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Download the IPS patch then put it in the same directory as the original rom Zel is hacking (FireRed) and rename the IPS to EXACTLY what the original rom's name is then play the original rom and it'll be zel's hack. You use VBA for this hack as any Gameboy hack. If that doesn't work PM me.

That's a much simpler way to use IPS patches.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
I'm not sure whats wrong where, but here is some things I've noticed.

I've just downloaded this, and I think you mispelled something in the introduction, Prof. Oak says Mysteries, but it's spelt like misteries or something.

if you still don't understand the whole water thing... it's the second palette in the palette lines.

I also noticed the strange Ë at the end of one of the things the Mom says.

I hope to see improvements in the scripting, this is a highly anticipating hack.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Move set editing

Zel, some pokemon's move sets really sucked in the Metal days and FR/LG for that matter, like Quilava for example. You should use A-Tack, a program that Scizz made, to edit the move sets and at what level a pokemon learns a specific move with this program. PM me if you wanna know more about it or, if you do know about it tell us if you're gonna do some moveset editing.
Some pokemon could really use those extra moves.
Thanks

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Yeah about the introduction, i notice when i get to the rival... his dialog was "Hehe... so this is Oak's Lab.. And those must be Oak's pokeballs" ...shouldn't it be Elm's lab and Elm's pokeballs

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
throughout the 41 pages tons of glitches have been posted, and obviously hardly anyone has had the time and/or patience to look through EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. so I don't blame you but I bet you anything that glitch has already been posted, and last time someone re-posted a glitch this happened:

OMFG DUDE

WE KNOW EVERY POSSIBLE GLITCH THAT THESE BETAS HAVE, YOUR NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO PLAYED THIS GAME

READ THE FIRST PAGE AND IT LISTS ALL THE GLITCHES THAT EVERY ONE HAS POSTED THOUSANDS OF TIMES

So just remember, this is just a beta and for the final release all the glitches will be fixed.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Umm... it won't...?

Okay I have to put this here because posts have to be at least 25 characters long so... pretends this isn't here, what's up there is the more important you-should-read part.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
my 2 cents

Umm... it won't...?

Okay I have to put this here because posts have to be at least 25 characters long so... pretends this isn't here, what's up there is the more important you-should-read part.

Ok why would it rain in the first place is my question... i dont see how it relates to Ho-oh in Tin tower event... because Ho-oh would know Sunny day... but maybe have stop raining, when the main character gets the Rainbow Wing to ascend to tin tower to show that the event is unlock or something... idk obviously zel can do anything he wants with his hack and doing a great job.:)

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
If you walk up to the tower that holds the three legendairy dogs in it's basement, there will be a CoolTrainer Couple and the reason they battle you is because the girl wants to get out of the rain and well you're evesdropping, basicly, on their conversation then they turn around and battle you. It's just an excuse for a battle, and who doesn't like a good ol' battle?

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
true... but maybe zel can try stoping the rain when your about to battle Ho-oh, since getting the rainbow wing would be long after the cool trainer couple battle, unless he wants them to reappear for some reason to battle them more... im up for additional battles, it just means more exp. points gained.:D

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
The rain for Ecruteak creates a net atmosphere, but I do agree with Shurikenway that when battling Ho-oh it shouldn't be raining anymore...so, why not make Ho-oh have that ablility to make it go sunny instead, then after your battle with it, then the rain in Ecruteak could (hopefully) stop. :D

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Yep. But like zel's changing up the game from the normal G/S/C which is cool since sometimes that game can be bland. But I do agree, Ho-oh is the legendairy bird of fire (besides Moltres) so it's really kinda weird that in all of the cities, Ekruteak (sp?) is the one where it's raining.

Goku Goku, I like that idea. I just came from the Eternity Emerald thread, you seem to be giving out alot of good ideas. You should be some like story line guy.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
You'd better watch out when posting a glitch, there are snipers he- *gets shot 30 times*

Anyways, on topic, I don't quite think this game is ready to trade yet, so trading with other games is probably not the best idea. It'll cause glitches. So, I have a question. With permission of course, couldn't you just use some of these? htp://ww.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/pokemon/pkmngsc/heroinegsc.png

I'm saying this right now, so read my lips--err, my text. I am NOT claming these as my own, so don't yell at me for it.

Add one more w to the ww. and one more t to the htp

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Double posted Marz! Please edit! :P Also, thanks for the comment Marz! But I'm just here to comment on the hack and give ideas to the hacker - I don't know how to hack!

In Ecruteak, you know that place hwere there's a text about the history of Ecruteak? I guess you could add something like: "Ever since the burned tower 'burned', Ho-oh flew away, leaving behind continuous rain to the city. This rain is though to represent the Ho-oh's sorrow and the sorrow of loss." Sounds weird, but it does explain the endless rain a bit, as a myth however. :)

And furrypaws16, I guess you made a point there, but hopefully when Zel gets the scriptiing out of the way, he and the 'hack-testers' could go into the trading bit and explroe any faulties. Hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a problem, but it is a reasonable concern. Thanks for pointing that one out! ;)

Last edited:

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Double posted Marz! Please edit! :P Also, thanks for the comment Marz! But I'm just here to comment on the hack and give ideas to the hacker - I don't know how to hack!

In Ecruteak, you know that place hwere there's a text about the history of Ecruteak? I guess you could add something like: "Ever since the burned tower 'burned', Ho-oh flew away, leaving behind continuous rain to the city. This rain is though to represent the Ho-oh's sorrow and the sorrow of loss." Sounds weird, but it does explain the endless rain a bit, as a myth however. :)

And furrypaws16, I guess you made a point there, but hopefully when Zel gets the scriptiing out of the way, he and the 'hack-testers' could go into the trading bit and explroe any faulties. Hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a problem, but it is a reasonable concern. Thanks for pointing that one out! ;)

how about the myth would be that "Ever since Ho-oh left the village because of the burned tower that was 'burned', it brought sorrow to all the people not just Ho-oh in Ecruteak city for the loss of the tower, and has been raining ever since that long ago" and like have one of the priest in the tower to say that.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Or...

It was mythology that the golden bird in the tower brought sunlight, and happiness. When he left howwever, the skies quickly started storming, and ever since, there has been a loss in sunshine, the bird, and happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back