• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Python Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
I think I'll be having a run at the graphics for this as well (Just GUI, no spriting as I suck at it). Is there any limit on the colors used (Like there is in hacking, I mean, with the whole 256 colors)?

Anyways, I'll post when/if I have something.

I like the project btw, and I'm a fan of Python. ;x
Nope, no color limits! :D
The only thing you can't do is alpha-transparency. [ use RGB(255,0,255) for an index color ]

Ah it seems I misunderstood =/. I Pretty Much reworked the entire image I took from your post^^. I'll modify it, so no worries. Gives me a chance to correct any mistakes. Btw, Ooka, what are you working on, just so we don't end up working on the same things?

ALSO. I have an idea, but i'm not sure how much work would be required.
We enlarge the slots for viewing pokemon in your roster and allow for a larger sprite to be placed there, perhaps the sprite from the pokedex entry? That could be a nice touch.
Hum. Perhaps that would be a good idea, considering the relatively large screen resolution.

Well, I planned on just doing the party selection for now, and if it's accepted I would move on to other things in the same sort of style. It's probably best if we each do them all, just because consistency is very key in any sort of designing.
Sounds very good, and I like the way you think.

Hmmm...you may be right there. Either way, a selection of which scheme in game you want is possible. As long as Full Metal agrees. Everyone would be happy^^
Aaaandhere is my second version. Its just a png, I have the full psd with layers in front of me. http://wyndarl.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Roster-Screen-Demo-V2-296496728
Hum. I like the concept and background, however the box behind the pokemon-slots could use improvement. I'm not too fond of the border.

Metro-UI-Demo-PSD.png

Notice that the borders aren't dark -- much lighter and less noticable -- simply solid colors with highlights around the borders.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Another excellent update-- especially as far as the borders are concerned. I also like the 'active' highlight that you have.
Perhaps removing the drop shadow, and gradients on the boxes, and replaced with a bright solid bg color?

TrackerXNinjaX

Traveling Artist
Years
I can do that. If I don't go to sleep you'll see it up soon.
But now the question remains, what color for the slots?

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
ErrcH.png

I tried to go for the whole Metro feel, I can't really say how well it worked, so let me know what you think.

TrackerXNinjaX

Traveling Artist
Years
ErrcH.png

I tried to go for the whole Metro feel, I can't really say how well it worked, so let me know what you think.
Fuuuu I like it more than mine. I was afraid to step out into particular colors because some people might not like the particular color. How did you make the boxes rounded btw?

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
ErrcH.png

Excellent, I don't think I could have asked for better!

Fuuuu I like it more than mine. I was afraid to step out into particular colors because some people might not like the particular color. How did you make the boxes rounded btw?

I would guess he used the rounded-rectangle shape. b:

-- You've both shown abilities in design, so you're both welcome as official designers. Do you think you'll be able to collaborate, or will I need to choose one?

TrackerXNinjaX

Traveling Artist
Years

Excellent, I don't think I could have asked for better!

I would guess he used the rounded-rectangle shape. b:

-- You've both shown abilities in design, so you're both welcome as official designers. Do you think you'll be able to collaborate, or will I need to choose one?
I'll say, he really pulled off the metro look.
If the shape is there I should have seen it...guess I'll go look again >_<
I'm not a prideful person so I'd be happy to help if you need me, regardless of collaboration or not.

Ooka

Years
Sure, it'd be great if you took both of us. :)

Here's the PSD for that btw: http://www.mediafire.com/?jpt38l182ev2pbx

Oh, and yeah, just the rectangle took in Phosothop is all. Each slot I used a 10px radius then 5px radius on the HP bars.

(I used transparency in the .PSD, but you can get around it when you slice the images out)

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years

Update.

Roster View.

WUAHOO! I prettier roster-view ( don't mind the pink on the corners. I'll 'shop that part out ). But, give a welcome to the first graphic team member: Ooka!
Don't mind the fact that the fade freaks out on you. Just a detail. ;)
I'll fix it. later. yup.

@Ooka-
I've tried to fix up the graphics, but I didn't do very well. :\
Do you want me to add you to the commiters list, so that you can manually edit the pictures yourself? I'm afraid I've already ruined it somehow. 3:

Also, next design task: Individual summary screen, in the same style as the roster-overview! :D

DarkCreations

∂αяк ¢яєαтσя
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 18, 2021
"
You want to help? GREAT! (:
Here's a team I need as of now:
  • Ideas person. ( Please, keep things realistic and reasonable... :l )
  • Beta-tester
  • Co-programmer, perhaps?
LATER, the team I will need:
  • Scripter
  • Mapper
  • Graphics Manager
  • Co-Storyline writer.
  • Beta-testers. "
i would like to apply for any of these three
ideas person
beta tester
graphics manager..

link12552

decade club
Years
Yeah! More progress!
Looking good. Don't you just love the whole Magenta transparency thing, lol
Can you use 32bpp alpha blending? (not that you may ever need it)

Programming interfaces is always fun, so many different scenarios you have to consider :P

As always, keep up the good work!

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
I'm sure I could. I prefer to avoid that, however. Editors that support that tend to have ridiculously long start-up times( Photoshop ) and what-not. Allthough, as It turns out I may have to end up just dealing with that problem. :\

Thanks for the encouraging words! :D

@DarkCreations:
For the Graphic manager, I'd have to see some proof-of-concept. ( website design, something that shows you can either produce or co-ordinate graphics )
As for beta-testing, PM me.

Ooka

Years
Full Metal, I know you like the Metro feel, but I want to post another idea on here that I've got.

Oh, and any chance I could go for Graphic manager also? Here's a web design I'm working on atm: http://i.imgur.com/wbc3M.png

Here's the concept:
xMlii.png

Update:
1mYQy.png

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
This is also a very nice design, if I may say so! ( also, I like that web-layout! )
Currently, you are accepted as graphic manager, and you'll be in charge of recruiting for graphics, as well as the lead designer. Tell me what you're trying to create, and I'll try and model it out with the code! (:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Here's a little diagram I made to help me work out the different levels of "People" on the map.
Warning: HUGE Image
Spoiler:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Dunno about anyone else, but your image is broken for me..

I have a question is Python similar to Java, I been working with Java Recently and I'm just curious

Ooka

Years
Super sorry about not being able to finish this man. My job has been keeping me super busy and I just don't have the time. Anyways, here's the .PSD, if you find anyone good with Photoshop feel free to have them use the PSD to create other screens, and if I do find the time I'll try to contribute some time:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1f6c6uusodtptcz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back