Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old September 1st, 2013, 07:28 PM
Swiftkilla

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Hi guys,

I've recently played a few Pokemon games made in RPG Maker XP, and had a lot of fun, so I decided to try and make my own. I bought a copy of the program and I've really been enjoying it so far.

However, I've just started linking my maps together (I've only made a couple of maps so far) and I've been getting crashes for some reason. They happen when moving back and forth between map connections in the space of a few seconds. The game crashes with the following error message:

Code:
Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonField:1405

PokemonField:1402:in `call'

PBEvent:54:in `trigger'

PBEvent:49:in `each'

PBEvent:49:in `trigger'

Game_Character_2:67:in `update_move'

Game_Character_2:6:in `update_old2'

Walk_Run:92:in `update'

Game_Event_:249:in `update'

Game_Map_:349:in `update
I've tried searching the error code and my problem but I haven't managed to find anything...any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old September 1st, 2013, 07:56 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
it means you have an event on that map with a tile that isnt there anymore (ie) you shortened the tileset and you left and event (or events) that still have a tile that isnt on the current tileset anymore - an easy fix is to remove the graphics of ALL the events and replacing them with either what they should be or nothing at all (graphics like NPC's and things that aren't on a tileset should not be a problem unless they do not exist anymore)

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old September 1st, 2013, 08:02 PM
Swiftkilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
it means you have an event on that map with a tile that isnt there anymore (ie) you shortened the tileset and you left and event (or events) that still have a tile that isnt on the current tileset anymore - an easy fix is to remove the graphics of ALL the events and replacing them with either what they should be or nothing at all (graphics like NPC's and things that aren't on a tileset should not be a problem unless they do not exist anymore)
I haven't edited the tileset - I'm using the default ones provided in the pokemon essentials download. The only graphics I've modified are the player character's sprites. Could it be related to that?
Old September 2nd, 2013, 07:53 AM
Saving Raven

I'm not really sure then - try looking it up, I'm pretty sure its been asked a bunch of times before - it happened to me once (or maybe it was similar to this) and I had a tileset error

Old September 2nd, 2013, 08:14 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

It looks like a tile error to me... Did you change a maps tileset? Because some tiles that were used may not be available on your new tileset.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 11:54 AM
Swiftkilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickalooose View Post
It looks like a tile error to me... Did you change a maps tileset? Because some tiles that were used may not be available on your new tileset.
Nope, haven't changed any tilesets...Oh well, thanks for the suggestions guys. I guess I'll just mess around with the maps until something works
Old September 2nd, 2013, 12:07 PM
Saving Raven

did you make a map with 1 tileset then switch to another? the same thing would happen

Old September 2nd, 2013, 04:06 PM
Swiftkilla

Nope, been sticking to the original tileset. I decided to try linking two other maps and they worked fine, so I remade my first map from scratch and everything is working great now. I still have no idea what caused it in the first place, but at least it's gone. Again, thanks for the suggestions guys!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here