• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Peril & Jeopardy Versions

39Gamer

39Games
Years
pokemonpj.png

Made with Pokémon Essentials v14
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~About~
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokémon Peril & Jeopardy Versions take place in Migoto, home to the Master's League where the strongest trainers attempt to prevail and earn the Master class.

You live in Lappet Town, only recently moving from another region. You have been invited to Professor Robin William's Pokémon Lab, now begin your Pokemon journey, choosing one of three starter Pokémon: Starly, Vanillite or Machop.
Your friend next door is starting his/her Pokémon journey too, you will see your friend throughout your own journey.

Where plans unfold by a deathly villainous team: Team Demise. Working in conjunction with Team Rocket which have risen yet again.

Team Rocket will steal Pokémon from their trainers, then next, Demise plans to annihilate the human race. The leader of Team Demise, Xena, has formed this team because she thinks that trainers use Pokemon and abuse them, so she plans to abuse humans right back.
It is your job to foil her plans.
~Migoto Region~

*ART TO BE SHOWCASED AT SOMEPOINT*

Pokémon Peril & Jeopardy Versions bring you to the Migoto Region, a region of magnificence, mystery, and even darkness...

Split into 3 separate land masses, is seen as 3 different areas for Trainers, known as:
Western Migoto (Mountain Oriented)
Central Migoto (Jungle Oriented)
Eastern Migoto (Coastal Oriented)

Having many different Pokémon living within each area of Migoto, there are three Pokédexes. Western, Central and Eastern.
~Characters~

Leon (Hero/Friend)
The hero of the games, moved from Johto, he strives to be the very best, and somehow always ends up in the middle of things, he is quite aggressive when it comes to Pokémon battles but he is royal to his close ones, family, friends etc.
trainer000.png

Leona (Heroine/Friend)
trainer001.png

The heroine of the games, moved from Sinnoh, she has a goal to find the cutest Pokémon around Migoto, but she likes the occasional battle, doesn't intend to improve her skills but somehow does. She likes anyone pretty much, until they mess with her.

Rival Breaker
image.png

A young boy, with a mask on, caught by you, stealing someone's Pokémon, he is very aggressive, he insults, even physically abuses the hero/heroine. He seems extremely suspicious, may be up to something...

Professor
trainer024.png

In memory of the late Robin Williams, he will be the Pokémon Professor of Migoto, he studies the bonds of Pokemon with friend and foe, seeing which relationship is stronger. In his spare time, he studies Pokemon humor.

~Screenshots~

~Special Thanks~

Assistance with the Games:
Burnarama
KaneTeve

Pokemon Essentials Team:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
Boushy - Near Fantastica
Brother1440 - PinkMan
FL. - Popper
Genzai Kawakami - Rataime
Harshboy - SoundSpawn
help-14 - the__end
IceGod64 - Venom12
Jacob O. Wobbrock - Wachunga
KitsuneKouta - xLeD
Lisa Anthony

Additional Scripts:
VS. Bar Sequence - Venom12 (scripts by Luka S.J)
Pokémon Cry in Titlescreen - LilaTraube
Speech Bubbles - Carmaniac
Last Pokémon message and BGM - Venom12/HelioAU
Better one frame trainer backsprite animation - -FL-​

Last edited:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
I like the graphics, the sprite edits are nice. Although I will say that the Story line seems somewhat bland, I think you should expand upon it more. Why does Team Demise think that humans are abusing their Pokemon? It sounds pretty similar to the whole Pokemon First Movie plot, where Mewtwo thinks Pokemon are being abused by humans but they really aren't. I think you could expand upon it more.

As for the screenshots, I really like the screen effect you are using that gives the game that Diamond/Pearl feel. The maps seem pretty bare and empty though, you should try to make better use of the map space. Fill it with trees/rocks/grass/etc. I also see that you have used both 3rd gen and 4th gen tiles, you should stick to one or the other. I would say stick to 4th gen tiles, since you are using 4th gen character sprites.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Storyline is kinda bland why is robin Williams a proffesor? And if u work on the sprites alittle more with a little touch theyd be great (especially rival) also maybe make it just robin the storyline and maybe later use Williams? Also is machos leveling up by level? Will there be 6th gen pokemon? 5th gen? Also i think team demise could use a better name kinda uncreative
Good luck with this ill watch it progress

Back