• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

tnfsf11

I would LOVE to see triple types, like for example Charizard can be Flying/Fire/Dragon (reading this out loud makes sense), also double/triple health problems, because being seeded+cursed+confused+poisoned wasn't enough :D

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
I'm hoping for a dolphin pokemon, as well as some evolutions to be finished (specifically ones that aren't tied to evolution currently).

Rayquaza 97

Draco Meteor.
Years
This post kind of makes me really want a Fire/Dragon type, really. .___. If there isn't one that exists (which, to my knowledge, doesn't), then it would be much appreciated. n_n The SR weakness/Dragon Weakness/Ground Weakness wouldn't make the typing too overpowered...

...or at least, I hope. D:

Isn't Reshiram a fire/dragon? I know it's a legendary but still it wasn't that OP... I can't really remember facing one (although it does have Blue Flare).

I would like to see them make something like a Dark/Water Killer Whale and Ice Type Snow leopard as we haven't got a wild cat since Raikou (who looked nothing like one anyway) but that would be bad due to the weaknesses of Ice types.

PokePlayerLeo242

The Eevee Lover
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 7, 2015
i would want a water type hamster and i would want a dark type werewolf pokemon and some types i want combined Electric/Ground, Fire/Water,Ghost/Steel,and the last one is Ice/Dragon

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nah we have too many water/ground mons. Water/Poison makes more sense given that they are poisonous.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
http://gcpm11-forums.2322141.n4.nabble.com/new-x-and-y-list-leaked-td11408.html

If you look at this leaked X & Y pokedex list, see #742 Komokid (Dragon/Poison)

Then there's Kommando & Dracodo (It's evolutions)

newpkmn21.jpg

Note the dragon like pokemon in this picture. Note that it is purple, the color typically assosciated with poison in pokemon.

As for the apparent Ghost thing with 1 eye, I see a 2 stage evolution line of a Ghost/Ground pokemon on the list. Grimark > Tomone

Note that "one" is in the name of an alleged ghost. We have a picture here of a ghost with one eye.

As for the pony looking thing, if this list is true I think it could be pinned as #707 Calight, evolves into #708 Caledight (Steel/Rock)

Just some speculation

There is another leaked list but I have personally dismissed it
http://cdn.leviathyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/pokemon_xy_pokedex.png

In this list they claim 1 pokemon will somehow be a pre evo to both Pinsir & Heracross and that it would be revealed publicly like almost 2 months ago. That list also claims that Chespin would somehow evolve into /flying it simply doesn't sound legit at that point.

However that 1st list, sounds like it's either A.)A well thought out great fake. or B.)The Real Deal

I would hope so because on list 1

I really like the Komodo Dragon/Poison type, which is honestly brilliant because Komodos are poisonous dragons IRL. + It looks good and it's an interesting new typing.

Additionally, if it's true all 3 starters will have a 2nd typing when evolved. Grass/Steel. Fire/Psychic. Water/Dark.

I don't think we've ever had a Fire/Psychic have we? So that would be interesting.

But I also find some other things interesting like a Mawile, Skarmory, Tropius, Sableye, and more evolutions & another trio of Pan-monkey pokemon evolutions

There is also a water/poison pokemon, which I can't recall being a typing we've had before either.

So, if list 1 is for real and it seems plausible, it does sound good to me. List 2 I think is bs though

A3R0D4C7YL

Dark Type Master
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
It could be a fighting type or grass type to make it special...but it most likely will end up as a normal type :I

anyways, I'd really like to see a Hammerhead Shark maybe...Dark/Water or Steel/Water? *shrugs* A lion pokemon (not entei) could be cool too :3 All I want are new cool Dark types

and @ Krookodile777 , that's just some Mr. Pokemon thing. It's not real :/

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
i would love to see a dragon/poison type, but is it just me or do these "new" pokemon not really look like pokemon? im not sure how to express it, they just look so different to me from what I'm used to...

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
i would love to see a dragon/poison type, but is it just me or do these "new" pokemon not really look like pokemon? im not sure how to express it, they just look so different to me from what I'm used to...

Well did THIS look like a pokemon either?
618___maggyo_by_winter_freak-d39aqo9.jpg

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I personally believe that there's....no set "standard" of what can actually look like a "Pokemon" or whatever, y'know? It seems that what we've seen so far might be drastically different from what we're used to, but I don't think that's really going to significantly change my perspective of Pokemon for me in the slightest.

That's kinda what i meant, they just look different than what I/we are used to i think.

About that Electric/Rock typing, what do you think could this Pokemon look like?
Sounds interesting, although it wouldn't be the best type combo

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
Well, I'd like to see something that's Water/Fire at the same time, that would be straight up weird

I'd also like to see more Dragon types, especially if it was something that cancels out the ice weakness that everyone comes prepared for

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Dragon/Rock is also weak to Dragon and Ice still =P

I do actually like the Dragon/Poison Pokémon, but I'm still doubting any of these Pokédexs are real (And the second one you posted has already been debunked by the creator of it =P)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Dragon/Ice would still be weak to Ice, but having Rock as STAB would be a good counter :P
I'd love to see a Dragon/Poison as well, let's hope they come up with one

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
Evolutions of older pokemon are always the most exciting for me, which is why gen 5 was sort of a dissapointment. Some pokemon NEED some evolutions or pre-evolutions.

Jynx > Eskimiss Ice-Psychic (WANTED A JYNX EVO SINCE GEN 3)

Luvdisc > Luvdrone Water-Dragon (Sort of like Magikarp to Gyarados/Feebas to Milotic)

Mr. Mime > Sr. Mime (Senior Mime) Psychic

Spirityke > Spiritomb Ghost-Dark

Beatle > Heracross Bug-Fighting

Pinsir > Pinsire Bug-Steel

Sableye > Sablecist Ghost-Dark

Mawile > Clawvile Steel-Dark

Hearino > Audino > Soundino Normal

Swoobat > Snarebat Psychic-Flying

Eevee > Evpeon Ghost (Maybe a little too much like Espeon...)

Drubbygon > Druddigon > Dreadigon Dragon

Gothia > Gothetal Psychic-Steel (Male Gothita evolution)

Combee > Bumblking Bug-Flying (Male Combee evolution)

Cherrim > Cherryish Grass-Flying

Sunflora > Sunflare Grass-Fire

Milcalf > Miltank Normal

Lapring > Lapras Water-Ice

Qwilfish > Puffish Water-Poison

As for some brand new pokemon ideas...

A ice/flying type blue jay for pokemon x

and fire/flying type cardinal for pokemon y

a ghost/poison or possibly ghost/ice type medusa pokemon (Ice because looking at medusa freezes you. It could also have a new ability in which using physical attacks on the pokemon can freeze the opponent.)

A water-psychic type dolphin (Doesn't EVERYONE want this? :D)

An electric-ghost pirate skeleton pokemon.

A squirrel as the new rattatta/sentret/patrat etc...

Yeah.. thats all I got :P

Years
What i'd like to see:
ice-normal husky
normal-flying snake
poison-ground snake
dark-water orca
ice-water naarwhale
ice-ground sabretooth tigre(fossil pokemon)
fighting eevee
steel eevee
grass lizard
normal-fighting badger
ground-dark lynx
rock-normal macaque
water-flying bat
ground-squirrel
ground-fire jackal
water mink
dark genet
rock ibex