• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
CoD does it again: Black Ops 3 confirmed!

Another sodding sequel, will there also be Ghosts 2 and Ghosts 3?
I do think so, knowing Activision and IW...

Their sales rate is very high, I believe. If that doesn't drop, I don't see why they would have to stop developing these games. :b Whether we like it or not, there are still a lot of people who are into Call of Duty.

TY

Their sales rate is very high, I believe. If that doesn't drop, I don't see why they would have to stop developing these games. :b Whether we like it or not, there are still a lot of people who are into Call of Duty.

They are high indeed cause of the multiplayer ones, but it feels so... repetitve to have sequels over and over again. Though then again, i know more series who do the same.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
CoD does it again: Black Ops 3 confirmed!

Another sodding sequel, will there also be Ghosts 2 and Ghosts 3?
I do think so, knowing Activision and IW...

Here we go again. Screw that though. I'm getting BF3 for the PlayStation 3 and going to town.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Watch Dogs and Dark Souls 2. They're the main ones.

God this.
I am simultaneously excited and terrified for Dark Souls 2. It could be so so good, but I'm terrified it's not going to be all I hope it will. If it's half as full of hidden (and excellent) lore as the first, I'll be happy. I'd love there to be a bit more variety in PVP as well, as the current state of DS1 PVP generally consists of; 'whoever back-stabs first wins'.

They are high indeed cause of the multiplayer ones, but it feels so... repetitve to have sequels over and over again. Though then again, i know more series who do the same.

The thing is though, the audience doesn't want anything new. It's the same with most sports games. The audience wants that same game again [Mechanically, for the most part] because they enjoy the previous one. There is arguably more difference between each COD iteration that most sports games, due to having two different dev companies which alternate. (BO2 was Treyarch, Ghosts was Infinity Ward, the next one will be Treyarch and so on.)

COD's popularity comes from the fact it's the perfect party-game. Even if you've never played a particular one, you can go over to your friends house and pick it up quickly because they all have base similarities. It's more accessible than other FPS' like Battlefield.

I honestly can't criticize COD, because I will time and time again buy the new Nintendo games.

TY

The thing is though, the audience doesn't want anything new. It's the same with most sports games. The audience wants that same game again [Mechanically, for the most part] because they enjoy the previous one. There is arguably more difference between each COD iteration that most sports games, due to having two different dev companies which alternate. (BO2 was Treyarch, Ghosts was Infinity Ward, the next one will be Treyarch and so on.)

COD's popularity comes from the fact it's the perfect party-game. Even if you've never played a particular one, you can go over to your friends house and pick it up quickly because they all have base similarities. It's more accessible than other FPS' like Battlefield.

I honestly can't criticize COD, because I will time and time again buy the new Nintendo games.

Well it is, but there isnt much difference anyways except for the graphics and a few mechanics.
It has become more of a online FPS game with a single player story finished up before the release date, and to me it feels like the story is just something that they got forced to make else they'd lose some customers. The story will never be as good as it was in the first 3 games.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hate to interrupt the conversation, but, I just wanted to take this time to say thanks to you guys, as regulars in VG! I may not have been the best moderator, but, you guys have been active anyway through thick and thin, and, I don't think VG could have ever been this lovely without you guys, so, thanks, and cheers to Christmas and a New Year! Anywho, I should get back on the current topic:

I know what you mean; I've played various games of the series with my friends, and they feel all the same to me. But yeah, with FPS games, I guess the kids feel happy anyway to shoot things and cause explosions, no matter how similar things get. I think that's a good thing though, since I would like to see a series of games that suddenly change the mechanics and fail completely (ie some of the Sonic Games after the ones for Gamecube).

TY

Hate to interrupt the conversation, but, I just wanted to take this time to say thanks to you guys, as regulars in VG! I may not have been the best moderator, but, you guys have been active anyway through thick and thin, and, I don't think VG could have ever been this lovely without you guys, so, thanks, and cheers to Christmas and a New Year! Anywho, I should get back on the current topic:

I know what you mean; I've played various games of the series with my friends, and they feel all the same to me. But yeah, with FPS games, I guess the kids feel happy anyway to shoot things and cause explosions, no matter how similar things get. I think that's a good thing though, since I would like to see a series of games that suddenly change the mechanics and fail completely (ie some of the Sonic Games after the ones for Gamecube).

No problem, well for what i know you have been a great mod to VG, making the place active!

Well i have the perfect example! C&C 4: Tiberian Twilight. The game changed everything from the previous C&C. No bases, a unit limit and nothing to mine/harvest. It completely changed everything and it became the worst C&C ever. The entire C&C series went downhill after EA took it over from Westwood anyways imo. And even when Westwood was still active there was still this EA influence that made the older C&C games also not as good as Westwood wanted...

In short: EA, ruining video games for money since whenever the heck they started!

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
No problem, well for what i know you have been a great mod to VG, making the place active!

Well i have the perfect example! C&C 4: Tiberian Twilight. The game changed everything from the previous C&C. No bases, a unit limit and nothing to mine/harvest. It completely changed everything and it became the worst C&C ever. The entire C&C series went downhill after EA took it over from Westwood anyways imo. And even when Westwood was still active there was still this EA influence that made the older C&C games also not as good as Westwood wanted...

In short: EA, ruining video games for money since whenever the heck they started!

I have had very few satisfactory experiences with EA as a company.
Whether by pure coincidence or not, some of the most disappointing sequels have been after EA took over, and their tech support is awful.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Sorry just want to say this.

I was at an old video game store, and I saw and SNES Earthbound game for $225!

Insane...........
Waitwaitwait...You saw the legendary "Game with the Big Box" at an old video game store? That price was definitely justified, especially if it came with the big box.

About EA...y'know, I never thought I'd say this (and I said this before in this thread)...but 2013 has been a good year for the EA consumer. Not only have they had a number of generous sales throughout, but, for at least most of the year, the releases showed little sign of being rushed, there were far fewer rehashes and dlc releases then before, and they've actually managed to care for once.

I mean, these are still the guys who killed Ultima, ruined many a game series, and extorted thousands of gamers with their aggressive greediness...but this year made it seem as if some sort of paradigm shift has occurred. Only time will tell, but if things keep on like this, good things will be on their way. Especially considering the number of developers under their belt.

TY

EA killed a lot of games honestly out of pure greed of money, rushing games who would have been way more awesome if they got released later. Though EA may have done some good things this year, i still recognize them as the greedy bastards who ruined Command and Conquer.

If they werent so greedy i would have predicted a lot of good games which would have made way more money than they did.

Years
Man, I really hope to get at least some games from the Steam Christmas Sale. Anyone wanna gift me a game? Such as Spec Ops The Line for example?

I'm playing Final Fantasy 7. Accidentally erased my main save. Had to restart. Just made it outside of Midgar.

CAST

Tim - Cloud
Gauge - Barret
Stephanie - Tifa
Yauna (Pronounced: Yawn-Uh) - Aeris
Red - Red XIII

This must be the Steam version, yes? I hope that Metal Gear Solid also gets the Steam Treatment at some point.

Last edited:

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Man, I really hope to get at least some games from the Steam Christmas Sale. Anyone wanna gift me a game? Such as Spec Ops The Line for example?

This must be the Steam version, yes? I hope that Metal Gear Solid also gets the Steam Treatment at some point.

No, I bought and downloaded it off of the PSN Game Store. xD

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I haven't been a fan of sonic games since Genesis days, nothing to me compares to them games in any form.

Monster Hunter 4 and Ragnarok odyssey Ace are the games I am for sure looking forward to next year. Ragnarok is a huge addiction of mine. I just can't ever seem to put it down. haha

Years
EA killed a lot of games honestly out of pure greed of money, rushing games who would have been way more awesome if they got released later. Though EA may have done some good things this year, i still recognize them as the greedy bastards who ruined Command and Conquer.

If they werent so greedy i would have predicted a lot of good games which would have made way more money than they did.

Don't forget the debacle that is SimCity 2013.

Nakala Pri

I don't own or play many Sonic games, they're too... plat-form-y, for my liking. xD But I do like going berserk and just running really fast and bashing things heads in. :P

Haven't played 'em. :P I usually stick to Pokemon like things. C:

Years
For those of you who want a Playstation 4 for a fair price, it's 399.99 at Amazon.com right now with Prime.

I bought Knack, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, and Playstation 4, all set to arrive on Christmas Eve. I'm stoked.

Edit: It's sold out now. Expected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back