• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokémon XY: Naturia Version [11-04-14: Begin + BETA 0.1]

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
True, it doesn't work the way it should.
When I made that hack, I didn't understand assembly or debugging well enough so that I could have tested if it worked properly or not. Apparently I made a change that bypasses the check of shift/set mode in some occasions, but there is probably a possibility of c/z -flag being set sometime before my change in the routine and a jump code related to that flag or such.

One idea that Crystal_ gave me respect, is to make a routine in Vblack that always keep set the bit 6 of the options (or that corresponding to the battle system). It's easy to implement, but as I say, the bug of your routine is funny though if I have to fix that in the final version of the game.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Just saying too, randomly, sometimes, I am able to sorta "bypass" the no switching pokemon thing, and it brings me to the switching screen. Not that I mind though... some of the times it really saved me! Haha, just thought I'd let you know! Darn nice project though! On a side note... If I were to make a GBC Hack, would I be able to use your sprites, with credit to you? GBC games are wonderful!

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
@Black Ice: I don't think this game is the right choice for a nuzlocke challenge.

@2012maniac: Thank you!

Something that I have not said in this community, I think that soon release a "Rom Base" using the pokedex of this same game so that more people are encouraged to hack in GBC.

Update​

Fixed Bugs:
  • "Roost" heal twice.
  • "Shadow Claw" have the effect of "Focus Energy".
  • "Leaf Blade" have the effect of "Focus Energy".
  • "Power-Up Punch" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
  • "Close Combat" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
  • "Hammer Arm" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
  • "Draco Meteor" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
  • "Super Power" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
  • Gallade's type is wrong.
  • Jasmine have a Chespin.
  • After the battle with Jasmine the game freezes.
  • Tentacool learns "Seed Bomb" at Lv.12.

*Fixing these bugs cause a delay in the animation of decreasing enemy HP. This is a must for the effects of decreased stats are met.

Addons:
  • Happiness system modified. Positive actions bring happiness twice. Negative actions subtracted normally happiness.
  • Steel-type Pokémon are no longer resistant of Ghost or Dark type moves (like in the 6th gen.).
  • Some pokemon Stat Base are increased like in the 6th generation:
    -Raichu
    -Clefable
    -Poliwrath
    -Alakazam
    -Ampharos
    -Staraptor
    -Roserade
    -Leavanny
    -Scolipede

Download the New Beta (0.2.1) in the main post

A long adventure, there are multiple Trainers with Metagros or Slaking in low level. If anyone finds any please report.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
@Black Ice: I don't think this game is the right choice for a nuzlocke challenge.

@2012maniac: Thank you!

Something that I have not said in this community, I think that soon release a "Rom Base" using the pokedex of this same game so that more people are encouraged to hack in GBC.

Update​

Fixed Bugs:
  • "Roost" heal twice.
  • "Shadow Claw" have the effect of "Focus Energy".
  • "Leaf Blade" have the effect of "Focus Energy".
  • "Power-Up Punch" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
  • "Close Combat" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
  • "Hammer Arm" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
  • "Draco Meteor" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
  • "Super Power" doesn't modify Stat if the foe fainted.*
  • Gallade's type is wrong.
  • Jasmine have a Chespin.
  • After the battle with Jasmine the game freezes.
  • Tentacool learns "Seed Bomb" at Lv.12.

*Fixing these bugs cause a delay in the animation of decreasing enemy HP. This is a must for the effects of decreased stats are met.

Addons:
  • Happiness system modified. Positive actions bring happiness twice. Negative actions subtracted normally happiness.
  • Steel-type Pokémon are no longer resistant of Ghost or Dark type moves (like in the 6th gen.).
  • Some pokemon Stat Base are increased like in the 6th generation:
    -Raichu
    -Clefable
    -Poliwrath
    -Alakazam
    -Ampharos
    -Staraptor
    -Roserade
    -Leavanny
    -Scolipede

Download the New Beta (0.2.1) in the main post

A long adventure, there are multiple Trainers with Metagros or Slaking in low level. If anyone finds any please report.

Oh yes... about the Metagross thing... There is a trainer in the goldenrod underground, he owns a Metagross... That is all he has. Because he owned a Lickitung before, and Metagross replaced Lickitung, so... Yes forgot to mention... PLEASE either remove the items on trainers, or let us use a healing item! That is a good idea!

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
One idea that Crystal_ gave me respect, is to make a routine in Vblack that always keep set the bit 6 of the options (or that corresponding to the battle system). It's easy to implement, but as I say, the bug of your routine is funny though if I have to fix that in the final version of the game.
That would work although it would be a very unoptimized solution to the problem.

You could simply track down when the check for the SHIFT/SET bit is accessed and write your own routine there that does what you want (that would work like SET mode or so). It would be extremely simple to do too! If SET mode without printing "Trainer x is about to use another pokemon." or a similar text string would be enough, you could just make it work that way. Then, you could still use the original SHIFT/SET option for allowing to use items or not.

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Hammer Arm now damages the user instead of the foe :/

Just what I thought would happen.

I need some time to fix that, in the meantime you can re-download the game, I've reverted the changes about the moves.

That would work although it would be a very unoptimized solution to the problem.

You could simply track down when the check for the SHIFT/SET bit is accessed and write your own routine there that does what you want (that would work like SET mode or so). It would be extremely simple to do too! If SET mode without printing "Trainer x is about to use another pokemon." or a similar text string would be enough, you could just make it work that way. Then, you could still use the original SHIFT/SET option for allowing to use items or not.

I remember you posted something like that in Skeetendo. I'll give it a look, because if it would be good can do put in options to use the items.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2020
So Shadow Claw and Leaf Blade are fixed, but what about Stone Edge? It has the same problem. Also, when I equipped the Pixie Hat, it turned into a Berry the next time I loaded the game up.

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
So Shadow Claw and Leaf Blade are fixed, but what about Stone Edge? It has the same problem. Also, when I equipped the Pixie Hat, it turned into a Berry the next time I loaded the game up.

Stone Edge Fixed. Will investigate what happens to Pixie Hat.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Yeah, it turned into Berry here too.

Also:
Brave Bird does no recoil damage
Ace Trainer Cybil in Route 44 has an underleved Trevenant

The first trainer in Ice Path freezes the game after you beat him.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2023
so as the hacker says, there is a problem that my lucario does not learn the auro sphere though it's level has reached to 80?

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
@Master Bryss: What you mention about Pixie Hat, is not exactly a bug, it is rather a restriction that puts the game to not show items that do not exist legally. Rarely currently only happens with this item.

I already test and does not affect the operation of Pixel Hat, so I don't want fix this "error" for now.

@angellos: Your reports are very good. When reports a trainer you could make a capture, or post the name of trainer, or give a detailed description of its location?

@Mr.Mako: Read the main post: "Differences on evolution levels, adequated to the strength of the evolution chain and to the level at which the Pokemon appears for the first time. For a few Pokemon, different methods in which they evolve."

@sy94123: Lucario learn Aura Sphere at level 42. If you Riolu evolved after that level, Lucario can't learn it again.

@Suchir9326: Look on Violet City.

Update​

Fixed Bugs:
  • Wood Hammer's animation is wrong.
  • Air Slash's animation is wrong.
  • Brave Bird don't have Recoil Damage.
  • Struggle Bug have 10% chance of lowering Attack.
  • Ace Trainer "Cybil" on Route 44 have an underleved Trevenant.
  • Rocket Grunt (f) on Mahogany have wrong level team.

Addons:

• Restriction system of healing items. The items that recover HP is permitted only used one per battle. Other items that heal altered states are restricted in battle. The Items that are affected by this rule are:
    - MaxPotion
    - HyperPotion
    - SuperPotion
    - Potion
    - FreshWater
    - SodaPop
    - Lemonade
    - MoomooMilk
    - Ragecandybar

Download the New Beta (0.2.2) in the main post

A long adventure, there are multiple Trainers with underleved Metagros or Slaking, or others underleved Pokemon. If anyone finds any please report.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
i found an old man with all three but cant understsnd what he says lol cant seem to find grass in violet but will look again i dont have any badges yet if that matters

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
i found an old man with all three but cant understsnd what he says lol cant seem to find grass in violet but will look again i dont have any badges yet if that matters

You get one from him after getting the first badge.

Back