• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON DARK REQUIEM!!!!!

How do you think our game is doing?

• WOOOOOT! It roks!

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Meh...it's okay

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • ....why is this even here?

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • ACCCKKK!! My eyes bleed from seeing such a poor thread!!!

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • other (plz elaborate)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
hmmm...la cresenta. I live near a town called la cresent. Weird....but good game.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
hey, pokem, here's an idea for you. Pokemon centers should have three floors as you might expect, with the healing on the ground and internet connection on the second floor. However, in the basement, you should put a lounge. This seems lame, but in reality, it would be a place to get quests and information a la FFTA style, if you've ever played it. There would be main story quests, but all others would deviate from there. The quests would be different for the type of person you are and the reputation you have as a trainer (mainly reputation would just be affected by progress). I think this would almost mix things up a bit, if not add a good amount of extra playability to the regular idea of train-and-fight.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
Years
Hey, Pokem. I here you've got a big update up your sleeve. Wonder what it is... ;D

I'm co-manager I should know a little earlier xD

Don't worry, updates will come soon. I don't know EXACTLY what it is, but I think it may have to do with the Pokemon involved with Dark Requim.

hey, pokem, here's an idea for you. Pokemon centers should have three floors as you might expect, with the healing on the ground and internet connection on the second floor. However, in the basement, you should put a lounge. This seems lame, but in reality, it would be a place to get quests and information a la FFTA style, if you've ever played it. There would be main story quests, but all others would deviate from there. The quests would be different for the type of person you are and the reputation you have as a trainer (mainly reputation would just be affected by progress). I think this would almost mix things up a bit, if not add a good amount of extra playability to the regular idea of train-and-fight.
I think that we will probably do something along the lines of that.
After all, he has already edited the Pokemart.
If we have good enough scripters, I assume that we will include some sidequests of some sort in Dark Requim.
As for the lounge and everything, I bet that if we get online features up, we may put it on.

By the way people, I would like to update you guys on this game.
I doubt that this will be in Poke's update, because it was up in the air when we were discussing the game.
Anyway, we plan to include several minigames within Dark Requim.
Whether it is stealing or digging for treasure, there will be special events and minigames for these.
Now, I am not 100% sure how this will work out, but I assure you that we will try to make it possible.

-T.A.C.

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
Years

Hey guys!!
Sorry that I haven't been on for a while but I do have a excuse, so don't worry! ^^
I was using up my time so I could show you this! (Isn't it great??)
OK, before I reveal the update, I'm gonna answer some questions:
Hey Poke, I have a question about the tiles.
Have you gotten the animations down on the windmill, generator, etc?
Because we should have someone put those in if we want the game to be better.

Other than that, the game is becoming less of a thought and more practical at a good pace!
No, I haven't figured out how to make the animations sorry! -_-;
I'm looking for someone right now actually.

Hey, Pokem. I here you've got a big update up your sleeve. Wonder what it is... ;D

I'm co-manager I should know a little earlier xD
Yeah, I promise I'll tell you guys first from now on, but I'm really rushed right sorry.

That's really weird, I was thinking three floors too!
Anyway, thanks for your contributions!

OK, now that that's over, here's the update:

First, JJMcay has joined us as a mapper!! WOOOOOHOOO!!!

Screenie_by_PokemonEclipse.jpg

Here's the first "route." It's not really a route since there are no routes in the real world, so I'll call it a street unless you guys can help me and tell me something else.
I numbered the houses so connect the dots from the street and the inside maps please! ^^
NOTE: The map is purposefully small because a lot of items are up for grabs in there and I didn't want to spoil it! Hope you understand!
Thanks!

Spoiler:

Now that the screenies are finally done *phew!* , time for the concept art!!!!
YAYAY!!!!
ALL CONCEPTS ARE DUE TO *PRINNY-DOOD!!
They're pretty self explanatory! ^^

Spoiler:

Here's the big suprise the starter!!!(i didn't even show my team this lol)!!!!!!

Fake_Pokemon___Saurava___NEW___by_Prinny_Dood.png

This is the fire starter...
Fake_Pokemon___Fluidon___New___by_Prinny_Dood.png

This is the water starter...
Fake_Pokemon___Garteg___NEW___by_Prinny_Dood.png

And finally this is the grass starter!

lol i can't wait till the final evolutions are done they rock!!

That's the update! Hope you liked it and make you sure you tell us what you think!!!

Questions? Comments? Concerns? POST!!!!!

lol SEE YA!

~POKEM4NlAC

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
they're great concepts man, especially the fire dino starter. and love your map work but great work man, ryush is right this game definitly has potiential can't wait to see more from you

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
Years
Oh, my !
a pokemon centre inside a house :O
btw very nice pokemon :P also is there a larger map of the "street"?
Ya, I didn't post up a bigger view cuz there are a lot of items you can get and I didn't want to ruin their places srry!

Nice update dude this is awesome this game has great promise. :D
Thanks! That means a lot to the team! Nice to see I have a few fans ^^

they're great concepts man, especially the fire dino starter. and love your map work but great work man, ryush is right this game definitly has potiential can't wait to see more from you
Thanks, I love the fire starter too (and I can't wait to show you guys the last evolutions!!!).

Great job, PokeManiac, this has grown! Great mapping!
Thanks! Congrats on moving ur game to showcase!

We really appreciate the encouragement that's been given to us, but please add some constructive critizem to your posts so we can make the game fun for all (and, you can say you contributed to what could be the greatest game of ALL TIME!!!!!!!! lol jk)!

Thanks anyway!

~POKEM4NlAC

Last edited:

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
WTF!!! a pokemon center in a house???!!!! and im pretty p****d of at u right now cause the fire starter and grass starters u have are very, very similar to the consept's i have drawn for my starters....!!!! my fire starter even has the same holes in its back that it shoots fire out off!!!! i gues great minds think alike.... lol. but one question... what do dinosaurs have to do with dark requieum??

ForeverRed

teeheeee
Years
well i kinda and kinda not agree with JJMcay...
Dark Requiem means a dark song for the dead and i suppose that the legendary here is a dead thing? like dinos? but really the starters dont rly have to match with the title... does Torterra match with diamonds or perals or platinum?

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
Years
WOW

WTF!!! a pokemon center in a house???!!!! and im pretty p****d of at u right now cause the fire starter and grass starters u have are very, very similar to the consept's i have drawn for my starters....!!!! my fire starter even has the same holes in its back that it shoots fire out off!!!! i gues great minds think alike.... lol. but one question... what do dinosaurs have to do with dark requieum??
you have to have plajurized cuz i got my starters form a da member who promised they were origonal.
u sure you didn't get insipration form some pics?
i kno i didn't copy ANYONE
srry

well i kinda and kinda not agree with JJMcay...
Dark Requiem means a dark song for the dead and i suppose that the legendary here is a dead thing? like dinos? but really the starters dont rly have to match with the title... does Torterra match with diamonds or perals or platinum?
i wuz kinda going for what red gyrados is saying, cuz my game has to have death as a main theme. But, im trying to make it less sad, so im trying to make a lot of dead things come to life. It's kinda hard to understand, but if ya guys don't like it, i'll make new ones.
this game is fo the ppl, and wat the ppl want, the ppl get

im kinda dissapointed that ppl would think i would copy someone...

srry for any disturbances:disappoin

~POKEM4NlAC

Last edited:

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Oh.My.God.
That new map looks frightening from my perspective... (look at all those houses!)
The new pokemon are intruiging, I must say. I especially like the Fire\Dark evolution chain. I'd be interested in seeing the actual sprites, because I love the pictures and descriptions.

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
Years
Oh.My.God.
That new map looks frightening from my perspective... (look at all those houses!)
The new pokemon are intruiging, I must say. I especially like the Fire\Dark evolution chain. I'd be interested in seeing the actual sprites, because I love the pictures and descriptions.

wat do u mean frightening? lol
ty, my spriter says that he'll have the sprites done by a week or so^^
stay tuned

~POKEM4NlAC

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
By frightening, I mean the more houses you have in a map, the more sprites you have, correct? Well, when you have 66 houses... especially on a ROUTE, you're talking at least 66 sprites, all with dialogue. Plus trainers. Plus there would be a lot more than one person in each house. Writing for all that could be a bit hectic, especially with that other project *cough cough*

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
Years
By frightening, I mean the more houses you have in a map, the more sprites you have, correct? Well, when you have 66 houses... especially on a ROUTE, you're talking at least 66 sprites, all with dialogue. Plus trainers. Plus there would be a lot more than one person in each house. Writing for all that could be a bit hectic, especially with that other project *cough cough*
lol dont think i can handle it? lol jk

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Heheh... no, but it's me. As you can tell from what I just sent you, I'm a little over my head. Ah well... say, why do you have those five big bars of houses in the first place? Seems kinda out of place is all.

P.S. What's the difference between a road and a route? Is it just in the name?

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
Years
Heheh... no, but it's me. As you can tell from what I just sent you, I'm a little over my head. Ah well... say, why do you have those five big bars of houses in the first place? Seems kinda out of place is all.

P.S. What's the difference between a road and a route? Is it just in the name?
lol i should have explained more:
That side is the Team ____ Hideout...so the rows are the wearhouses that they need to take over la crescenta...
o also, i took out all d/p screenies on the thread cuz i heard ppl were stealing em and i will replace em once it convert em to jpgs.

~POKEM4NlAC ^^

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2009
Very good! the pokemon center in the house is a bit weird but i like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back